Clean solutions for securing water bottles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered 👍🏼 Had the first one, happy to update to the current version.

Thanks for all the orders for the new design. I'm glad we made a large batch because most of it sold last night and today. We have 20 of our 70 machines printing more right now so if we do go out of stock, we will be able to restock late tomorrow and then restock every couple days if needed. All of the orders that were placed last night and today were boxed up this afternoon and will ship out first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all the orders for the new design. I'm glad we made a large batch because most of it sold last night and today. We have 20 of our 70 machines printing more right now so if we do go out of stock, we will be able to restock late tomorrow and then restock every couple days if needed. All of the orders that were placed last night and today were boxed up this afternoon and will ship out first thing tomorrow morning.
Got the cupholders today. Great job on this updated version!

My new cup holder arrived this morning (a few days early, as it was originally schedule to arrive on Monday). I definitely like having the cell phone slot instead of the large holes on both sides in the previous holder I purchased as I've found I really never have a need for the larger cup holders. All of my tumblers that I might use while driving fit in the smaller holes. When I need a larger amount of liquid, I usually use a smallish one to drink out of and bring along a huge one with extra water to transfer to the smaller one as it's easier to handle while driving.

@bhicks - have you considered making a 3rd version that has 2 of the smaller holes? For those of us who only need room for "standard" size tumblers, it would be nice to have a flush / flat top on the cup holder insert. I get that you may feel that sales of a 3rd option may not be high enough to justify the effort and extra inventory, but I would probably buy one and swap it with the the version 1 holder, as needed, if I happen to need the larger holder on any given day.

My new cup holder arrived this morning (a few days early, as it was originally schedule to arrive on Monday). I definitely like having the cell phone slot instead of the large holes on both sides in the previous holder I purchased as I've found I really never have a need for the larger cup holders. All of my tumblers that I might use while driving fit in the smaller holes. When I need a larger amount of liquid, I usually use a smallish one to drink out of and bring along a huge one with extra water to transfer to the smaller one as it's easier to handle while driving.

@bhicks - have you considered making a 3rd version that has 2 of the smaller holes? For those of us who only need room for "standard" size tumblers, it would be nice to have a flush / flat top on the cup holder insert. I get that you may feel that sales of a 3rd option may not be high enough to justify the effort and extra inventory, but I would probably buy one and swap it with the the version 1 holder, as needed, if I happen to need the larger holder on any given day.
The inserts we make that go inside the OEM cup holder are 2 smaller holes. They are the industry standard of just over 3" you get in most modern cars today. This is the link to those so you know what I'm talking about.

The inserts we make that go inside the OEM cup holder are 2 smaller holes. They are the industry standard of just over 3" you get in most modern cars today. This is the link to those so you know what I'm talking about.
Yeah, I'm familiar with those, but they don't have the extra slots for a cell phone, etc. I was thinking of design 1 with two ~3" holes instead of one ~3" hole and one large hole, retaining the cell phone and other extra slots that design 1 has.

Yeah, I'm familiar with those, but they don't have the extra slots for a cell phone, etc. I was thinking of design 1 with two ~3" holes instead of one ~3" hole and one large hole, retaining the cell phone and other extra slots that design 1 has.
Got it. I can look into that in the future but for now I have to move on to other projects I have committed to. I will loop back around to these in the Spring and see if I can come up with something like you are describing.

Here are the etsy and ebay links in case you prefer to shop there.
Just ordered design 1 for the LC. Looking forward to its arrival!

I've decided to get a BH3D cupholder for Christmas, but I haven't decided which model to get for my LC. It's certainly great to have a choice.

There's been a lot of talk about fitting 36 ounce overlanding-certified tactical hydration units, but what about those of us with normal sized bladders? 😭🥤

Specifically, how does a regular 12 oz soda can work out with the different hole sizes and designs? How much would a can wobble with each of the designs?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I've decided to get a BH3D cupholder for Christmas, but I haven't decided which model to get for my LC. It's certainly great to have a choice.

There's been a lot of talk about fitting 36 ounce overlanding-certified tactical hydration units, but what about those of us with normal sized bladders? 😭🥤

Specifically, how does a regular 12 oz soda can work out with the different hole sizes and designs? How much would a can wobble with each of the designs?

Thank you!
The design we call "Design #1" would be the correct option for you. It has the smaller hole and cell phone slot with the larger 2 stage hole. A standard fast food cup, soda can, grocery store water bottle would drop down into the lower smaller hole and be very stable. The other hole is quite deep so it will also be very stable for smaller diameter containers. If you occasionally decide to use a Hydroflask, Nalgene, or Yeti then the upper larger hole will meet your needs. The only draw back to design #1 is that you can't carry two of the larger insulated containers.

I'm a happy, new BH3D cupholder owner. Fit and finish are perfect.

tempImagegsEPQh.png

The design we call "Design #1" would be the correct option for you. It has the smaller hole and cell phone slot with the larger 2 stage hole. A standard fast food cup, soda can, grocery store water bottle would drop down into the lower smaller hole and be very stable. The other hole is quite deep so it will also be very stable for smaller diameter containers. If you occasionally decide to use a Hydroflask, Nalgene, or Yeti then the upper larger hole will meet your needs. The only draw back to design #1 is that you can't carry two of the larger insulated containers.

Excellent description, thank you!

Do you happen to know if the smaller hole on Design 1 (behind the drink holes) would fit a hand sanitizer bottle like your standalone hand sanitizer holders do?

Last edited:
Pretty happy with the design #1 in my '19 cruiser... I'll say that there is definitely some forward/back play, even with the sticky strips attached on the bottom.

Excellent description, thank you!

Do you happen to know if the smaller hole on Design 1 (behind the drink holes) would fit a hand sanitizer bottle like your standalone hand sanitizer holders do?
The rectangular hole would not hold the 2oz. sanitizer bottle. I tried. I wanted to design the hole with that option but it needed to be too large and didn't fit with the space. The hole will hold a lighter, a pocket knife, and a few other small items we tend to carry in our pockets. Some guys have stated it will accept a key fob but I have not verified that.

The rectangular hole would not hold the 2oz. sanitizer bottle. I tried. I wanted to design the hole with that option but it needed to be too large and didn't fit with the space. The hole will hold a lighter, a pocket knife, and a few other small items we tend to carry in our pockets. Some guys have stated it will accept a key fob but I have not verified that.
That slot won't hold the newer version of the key fob that comes with 2020 LC's. It's just a bit too small, so would probably fit with the custom titanium key fob cases that another supporting vendor makes and possibly other versions of the key fob. I haven't found a good use for that small slot yet, but REALLY like having the larger slot for a cell phone or other misc items.

Regarding @andyp's comment about about the fit having a bit of play, mine has a little bit of play as well, but nothing I would consider unacceptable given the utility it provides. Given the amount of effort it takes to design something like this, I'm really happy with mine.

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the orders and positive feedback. Your comments have continued to allow me to improve our products and better meet your needs and the changing industry. I apologize that we were out of stock on a couple of the cup holder options for a few days. We had a large batch in production but it took a few days to have it ready to ship. We are back fully stocked in all options. We will try to increase stock to be able to handle the holiday rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom