What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed my broken driver's side mirror. The tabs on the post were broken and one of the hangers on the motor were broken.

IMG_20221103_122631199.jpg

IMG_20221103_122700683.jpg

These were rare and only for certain non-US markets. Here is the OG sticker, now NLA.

9D510828-7A12-48E4-AC4C-2F22BE140B6F.jpeg

I had it scanned

1F062551-2784-4BCC-AE43-ED80F1B035DD.jpeg

So I can reproduce it.

361E097F-AB61-4685-8A3B-69CCA4FF9854.jpeg

It goes on the rear quarter where the “turbo” sticker goes on HDJ80/81’s.

Let me know if there is interest, I can get them printed in any color.

Cheers

Looks like your solution worked out great! I had a non-winch ARB bumper on my truck for a while too and my winch location was actually on top of the frame rails (rather that underneath like yours). That let the winch line come directly out the front of the face of the bumper. But......the lower part of my bumper was modified extensively for better clearance.
IMG_8399 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
Thanks...yours looks good too... At this point, the @GGM plate won't be my catch point with 315's and is a great bolt-on solution for sure. It's a slippery slope on finding those hangup spots for approach angles, etc. as there's always just a little more to be found. After doing some wheeling with my son a couple of weeks ago (pre winch install), I've found that there are more than enough places that I can enough fun to keep me occupied without beating my rig up too much as it sits.

That said, I find myself now trolling for more of a beater (body wise) that I can build up a bit more and not be too worried about retained value...my wife would love that! o_O

Advice/Direction Needed: Speedometer Cable Replacement. Never done this before ever. For 91 LC.

Which end do I start with? Gauge or Trans?
Any advice on best ways and how to avoid issues.

View attachment 3158993

First of all, where did you source a new cable?

The most difficult part will be pulling the dash and removing the cable from the back of the speedo cluster.

After you get that removed disconnect the cable from the t case. Than remove it from the cable holders and replace it.

Goodluck

drove it around the block for the first time in a few months, its been sitting at my parents since i moved down to bmore. i have a friend thats interested in buying itso that may be the last drive for a while, at least it would be going to a good home

Pretty big day for the truck. Trying to get the suspension geometry closer to correct after an Iron man 2” lift and urethane spacers.Delta Panhard Bracket, OEM Panhard Bushings, LCP Front Sway Bar Quick Release Mounts, Ironman Rear Swaybar Drop Brackets, New OEM Rear Swaybar Hardware & Bushings and a trail near me. Pretty good fall for the truck.

D9B6C131-9755-4EFC-950F-F772ECFDF5F5.jpeg

DEB15133-7DC8-4864-9316-A88F57B0AB40.jpeg

drove it around the block for the first time in a few months, its been sitting at my parents since i moved down to bmore. i have a friend thats interested in buying itso that may be the last drive for a while, at least it would be going to a good home

I would also sell my 80 if I was living in Baltimore.

I would spend the money on a motorcycle or some other form of recreation applicable to the city.

Goodluck

I went to the picknpull and grabbed the diff lock switch out of a RAV4 that mates to the ‘97 dash, as well as the door handle bezels, and the horn set out of an ‘01 Avalon for my ‘97 👍 AND the front seat belts out of a ‘97 Camry.

I went to the picknpull and grabbed the diff lock switch out of a RAV4 that mates to the ‘97 dash, as well as the door handle bezels, and the horn set out of an ‘01 Avalon for my ‘97 👍 AND the front seat belts out of a ‘97 Camry.
The front seat belts from the 97 Camry are a direct match for the 97 Land Cruiser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom