What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went exploring over the weekend. Northwest FL Water Management District. Trying to find good campsites close to home. Only had time to visit 2 sites but found some pretty decent ones near the Choctawhatchee River.

View attachment 3156893

View attachment 3156894

If your willing to take the hike down to Branford/Suwannee area, then the Mallory Swamp area is usually pretty remote and open for camping. Its not anything exciting for wheeling but it's its own version of pretty (read : good personality).

my my truck is a magnet for all screws and nails lol

Need to tear it down still … hoping a quick patch as usual is all it needs

1C079660-BA2B-4D4B-B69A-486E177D1D62.jpeg

Slapped on an NOS air cleaner and mounting bracket - so much better than the USA stuff. Finally got to install the cross over bracket that I spent years hunting for. Just need studs to arrive so the 75-80 valve cover and go on the late 2F.
I really enjoy the general market engine bays - easier to do valve adjustments and tune the carb - plus I just think it looks great.
Nice work sourcing that bracket! Looks great.

I finally found a new set of (not too old) 32x11.5x15 A/T near by. So I got them replaced and put one of the old tires on the spare-rim. Feeling better now, the old tires had already some damage on the side and the 32s are hard to find here.
I planned a trip into the south of Brazil and I don't want to get stuck there and no spares avail.

The tires are even not really old, around a year. Unusual for imported tires with a uncommon size.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yeah, it's a Bandeirante (OJ50), I'm living in Brazil right now and got that one last year. It's a '89 Band with the Mercedes OM314-Engine, I added a turbo and now he has around 105 hp out of 3,8L.
I'm still looking for the closed long cabin on a '94 frame with the OM364 engine, but even here the prices going up dramatically adn the cars are hard to find in a good shape. The advantage is, most of the parts are still avail here, the Brasileiros love their Bandeirantes :)

I never realized, that the Cabin is different. When I'm in the German forum, they mentioned, there was hardly any hard top avail for the short/old Landcruiser ?!? Here short frame is the standard modell.
And we still have a lot of long pickups, they need to work as little trucks. Amazing how durable those poor cars are.

The cabin has some spots, which needs to be done, for now I prepped them with a special oil ("linseed oil varnish" google translater told me). I have a little oil leak at the main gear box, which can only be sealed, when the gearbox is removed. But nothing dramatically.
And I had to replace the head gasket a few months ago, because one of the bolts were cracked and I needed to remove it. The cylinder-sidewalls are not soo good anymore, maybe this needs to be done as well. But that means a complete removal of the engine, so this or a reconditioned OM364.

Got off my lazy duff and went out and did some maintenance.
Checked lube on front axle, checked breather vent on same, checked bolts and nuts on steering linkage, check grease in knuckles and gave a few squirts seeing as how I had the filler plus out.
All went smoothly, just getting up off the floor gave any problem.
The Cruiser has been sitting for over a week so need to go for a drive.
Supposed to have storms tonight so may go out and survey any damage tomorrow.

Last edited:
4x4Veteran

Is that an Arkansas antique tag I see?

Got my blue '72 registered in my name and tagged. Had to stand in line for an hour, and took another hour to get it done, because the PO messed up the title. I'm just glad it's done! I wanted a military tag, but the antique tag will save me a bunch of trips down to the county clerk's office, and it will save some money too.

IMG_1617.2.jpg

Drove up to a trailhead to go running on Wednesday, spotted a new kid on the block, and dropped another fuel pump that I got from @Skreddy in the ultrasonic cleaner today, that pump is heading to @ZooTownCruiser rig.

20221102_173658.jpg
20221102_180715.jpg
20221104_090603.jpg
20221104_091028.jpg

I heard the trails in Montana were getting crowded but geez. Glad you got a spot.
It's amazing what a little bad weather and cold air will do to the crowds. That particular trailhead usually has 10-15 cars up there around 5:00 on weekdays, weekends are just stupid, I go elsewhere.

Day 2 SEMA:

...And I took a few more pictures of that FJ40 body from yesterday. They claim it’s $10k for this entire package and it can be shipped in a month. The roof is metal too…

Overall, It’s not perfect, but I would be hard pressed to not consider it on a build.

View attachment 3157391

View attachment 3157392

View attachment 3157393
Thank you for uploading these close-ups: we know so few on these Chinese parts !...
If you have some more, please just upload!

These Juncheng parts may be not perfect (yet), but as Racer65 put it: "We advise you to wait until these products become more mature".

PS. Hope at the next SEMA they will bring the part I badly need: a FJ45 Pickup bed/tray... 🛻🔍

Thank you for uploading these close-ups: we know so few on these Chinese parts !...
If you have some more, please just upload!

These Juncheng parts may be not perfect (yet), but as Racer65 put it: "We advise you to wait until these products become more mature".

PS. Hope at the next SEMA they will bring the part I badly need: a FJ45 Pickup bed/tray... 🛻🔍
I would agree with Roger that they need to mature before they are restoration quality. If you bought this now I would anticipate needing to spend a decent amount of time fixing issues.

As for pictures, here are the only ones I didn’t upload so far.

27DB16D1-1636-450B-9962-425E06F6FAC7.jpeg

D74E94D7-1DCC-470F-9298-BC1B91456E42.jpeg

5432574A-5622-41EF-AEC8-61364F88A8D9.jpeg

5ED3B089-9A14-4D7D-A076-2D3E00F1D215.jpeg

620917C6-C521-4698-B9AE-E52170E31D84.jpeg

F52AED28-4802-42AA-AA8C-53E821EC5515.jpeg

A0F9C492-9B75-40DD-A281-26B6E5B16EB1.jpeg

I would prefer they made the 10/82 transmission tunnel.
1983 floor 002.jpg

That way either four speed or five speed inspection would work.
Top right is five speed and lower right is four speed.
IMG_2759.JPG

Then put the bump for the dome switch in the doors. Will not effect using them on models without dome light switch.
D2D9DD46-5670-4878-B43A-668FB070FF3B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom