Speedo Electrical White Smoke Nightmare... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Was changing my Speedo out (old one not working) and when I went to put it back in, sparks & white smoke. Yes I didn't disconnect the battery and now I have ZERO power to anything and can't start my ride. Trying to figure out what burnt out/fried to get her running again. Welcome any advice, starting points on this one to get her running again.

You HAVE to pull the harness, unwrap, and do a full inspection. Anything less is russian roulette.

Did you catch the smoke in a jar or at least a ziploc so you can put it back in when you find where it came from?

Sorry. Had to.

You HAVE to pull the harness, unwrap, and do a full inspection. Anything less is russian roulette.
Have a replacement harness for me Mark? My FJ40 is a 72

Did you catch the smoke in a jar or at least a ziploc so you can put it back in when you find where it came from?

Sorry. Had to.
1667662931930.jpeg

Was changing my Speedo out (old one not working) and when I went to put it back in, sparks & white smoke. Yes I didn't disconnect the battery and now I have ZERO power to anything and can't start my ride. Trying to figure out what burnt out/fried to get her running again. Welcome any advice, starting points on this one to get her running again.

Did you recently purchase the new updated and revised version / superseded part # 83100-60180 ?

You can tell if it’s the newer 2nd generation if it has the “ SILVER “
Color Speedo-Cable click on tube / stalk on the back Side attachment point I speak of in detail here ?

Photos would help here , I can make a positive ID for you …

If the newer version superseded KPH cluster meter

I’ll be happy to explain further why this happen to you and what you can do about it also

Thanks matt

Last edited:
Did you recently purchase the new updated and revised version / superseded part # 83100-60180 ?

You can tell if it’s the newer 2nd generation if it has the “ SILVER “
Color Speedo-Cable click on tube / stalk on the back Side attachment point I speak of in detail here ?

Photos would help here , I can make a positive ID for you …

If the newer version superseded KPH cluster meter

I’ll be happy to explain further why this happen to you and what you can do about it also

Thanks matt
THX @ToyotaMatt I was installing an OEM period correct Gauge cluster, not an updated newer one.

Mine is an early 72, so a harness from a 71 Mark?
Maybe.🤷🏻‍♂️

Best bet is to leave me a voicemail at my shop. I don’t have my inventory memorized, and I won’t remember by Monday without a voicemail.
Thanks.

Maybe.🤷🏻‍♂️

Best bet is to leave me a voicemail at my shop. I don’t have my inventory memorized, and I won’t remember by Monday without a voicemail.
Thanks.
Will call your shop Monday Mark. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom