FJ60/62 Color Chart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My local auto paint shop can not find any info on 861. Any suggestions on pointing them in the right direction...

I've seen some 62s with 8B7 (Strong Blue) or 857 (Light Blue)

I'm assuming that they are custom painted?

(I know this is an old thread, but found it relevant)

Hi all,, I need some help.. I got my 83 fj60 painted today (friend of a friend 2500 bucks), and I was so disappointed in the quality, I wanted to just drag my truck out of there. I was assured that he would fix it. One of my problems was the color. The white is just too white. The painter knew the color code, maybe it was mixed wrong. Can anyone tell me what kind of paint will best match. I know the original white color in the door jams is a lot different than it was in 1983, but the truck just looks too bright.

I need any info. The this 2 color code?

IMG_0974.JPG

FYI:

3F4 was offered as far back as Oct 1984, which is the production date of my 60.

Keep up the great work.

and is the best color; 2 eyes, or 4.../

I ran into an interesting find 1986 FJ60 with color code 2V9 - your chart doesn't show that color.

C/TM/A/TM - 2V9/FB42/K052/H42

:confused:

VIN.jpg

Hi @ToyotaReference guy...and before I bitch, thanks a ton for this contribution.

Is there anyway you can correct the color chart you posted on your original May 19, 2006 post? Maybe get the forum guys to help? That original color chart is wrong with respect to the 4G8 color that's on my Feb 1988 FJ62. You've actually made that correction in the chart link, but I think a lot of people look at that original post and don't go further. I recently ordered a lift gate from one of our vendors and it showed up as the 4E8 color because "that's what the part guy saw on the color chart". It cost me an extra $130 for shipping to get the right color (long story, but a fair settlement). Here are the two charts...the first from your original post and the second from you current reference .

Thanks, Roger

Wrong_color_chart.jpeg

Correct_color_chart.png

Hi @ToyotaReference guy...and before I bitch, thanks a ton for this contribution.

Is there anyway you can correct the color chart you posted on your original May 19, 2006 post? Maybe get the forum guys to help? That original color chart is wrong with respect to the 4G8 color that's on my Feb 1988 FJ62. You've actually made that correction in the chart link, but I think a lot of people look at that original post and don't go further. I recently ordered a lift gate from one of our vendors and it showed up as the 4E8 color because "that's what the part guy saw on the color chart". It cost me an extra $130 for shipping to get the right color (long story, but a fair settlement). Here are the two charts...the first from your original post and the second from you current reference .

Thanks, Roger

View attachment 2579299

View attachment 2579300

Sadly it looks like @ToyotaReference hasn’t been active on the forum since 2018. Maybe an admin could update the original post?

I probably missed it somewhere, but is there a way to tell the color code from the Vin or a code on the Cruiser somewhere? I want to get some touch up paint but not sure which color I need. I have a gray metallic , but not sure if it is code 153 or 155.

Thanks, I think I found it in the driver's door jam. I'm thinking the c /Tr 155 is the color.

IMG_7787 Medium.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom