What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

90k service. Everything checked out. Topped off fluids. Replaced steering wheel with OEM because of the peeling issue.

Added 30% XPEL XR tint to the front windows and 70% 3M Crystalline to the windshield.

Do you have a link? Can't seem to find it by searching. What was the installation process?
View attachment 2844051So I wanted a rear hatch light that was super low profile and that looked as OEM as possible. I emailed VLEDS and they were kind enough to create a link for a single puddle light and adapter (6”) for my application. $32 + s/h later and and 5 minute install and I think it turned out awesome!

5500K WHITE UNIVERSAL AND FORD PUDDLE LIGHT - https://www.vleds.com/catalog/product/view/id/3778

PIGTAIL ADAPTER 2 PIN FEMALE + DUOTAP - https://www.vleds.com/base-adapter-2-pin-waterproof-pigtail.html

View attachment 2844052

View attachment 2844053

View attachment 2844054

Starter Failed. Been sitting at our house at the river so I first thought was just Battery. Found a local Indy shop that works on Cruisers with excellent reviews.

DD8629DA-FA43-4651-B7D7-91EC88070117.jpeg

DD672F2A-FE8B-40BF-8035-6FC6675CDCA2.jpeg

Last edited:
90k service. Everything checked out. Topped off fluids. Replaced steering wheel with OEM because of the peeling issue.

Added 30% XPEL XR tint to the front windows and 70% 3M Crystalline to the windshield.
what year LC? 2016-2017?

Starter Failed. Been sitting at our house at the river so I first thought was just Battery. Found a local Indy shop that works on Cruisers with excellent reviews.
At what year and what mileage?

Test fit the RV3 I just got and it fits as intended. I have a big trip planned to Salisbury, UK next week to go see Stonehenge and travel some green lanes over Veterans Day weekend, so I needed a home base / two extra bedrooms for my two story condo on wheels!
20221103_153523.jpg
20221103_153558.jpg
20221103_154140.jpg

Bought some used mats off a guy thinking they were 08-12 ones. Received them, lo and behold they're 13+. Ordered the new style retaining clips and threw them in.
View attachment 2266399View attachment 2266398
Not sure if you're still around or if anyone has the part number available for these retaining clips, but my 2010 inserts immediately pulled out when I installed the new WeatherTech mats...So I have some very slick, actually unsafe, new mats in the vehicle

Mocking up my low profile, bolt on bumper. Still waiting on the 7.5" CLR die for my tubing bender to finish.

20221104_153104.jpg

Last edited:

Nice! I've been looking forward to a well engineered low profile solution. Will you be integrating a rear mud flap? I always imagined a design much like this but I would want a solid mud flap mount.

Like this:

1667605648700.png

Nice! I've been looking forward to a well engineered low profile solution. Will you be integrating a rear mud flap? I always imagined a design much like this but I would want a solid mud flap mount.

Like this:

View attachment 3159412
It does angle up from the tires to the back of the vehicle, is that what your pic is showing?
1667608438322.png

Very interested. Does the trailer plug move at all in this iteration?
There is a bunch more room to move it, I'll take a look later.

Yes. This is what I want, and is a similar design to what I was (slowly) designing on my own. The main difference is you're going with tube bending, I was going with folded metal plate. Tubes should be cheaper, but a little trickier to figure out an attachment approach that is precise & consistent across mass produced assembly, but it looks like you figured it out. (There really are almost no bolt-on attachment options on the frame back there.) I have thought out everything needed for my design and have half of it 3D-modeled for laser cut and folding so far, but never have enough time to make much progress beyond that.

Is it possible on yours to make the frontmost part (nearest the wheel) have two sets of bolt-on holes, one set of holes that installs the bumper as you've pictured here, or the 2nd set of holes to optionally install it at more of an angle (so the frontmost part goes a couple inches lower down the wheel)? I'd prefer to not have perfectly horizontal bumper cut and tube, looks strange. A reasonable angle can be had back there without making the overall departure angle worse.

It does angle up from the tires to the back of the vehicle, is that what your pic is showing?
View attachment 3159450
Yes, exactly. The DIY versions I’ve seen tend to be mostly level. Rake up from the rear tire would look better, provide better support for mud flaps, and not change departure angle. I would like flaps because I don’t like throwing rocks directly behind me or at whatever I may be towing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom