LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is your a LC or LX?
It seems the LX's are the ones having success.

Yes, mine is an 04 LC. Been working on the issues for several months. Not much success. Those that are having issues, all seen to suffer from the hiss and no volume knob. No idea what the difference is.

Yes, mine is an 04 LC. Been working on the issues for several months. Not much success. Those that are having issues, all seen to suffer from the hiss and no volume knob. No idea what the difference is.
Could the Amp have anything to do with it? My 07 has ML amp and LC I think has a JBL

No idea. Some LCs work fine.

Just finished installing this in my 06 LX took right around three hours. Everything works AC, CarPlay, and radio. Though there seems to be two radio apps, one lifts the antena but no sounds, the other doesn’t lift antena but has sound 🤷🏽‍♂️. I have still yet to connect backup camera. Not sure If I will is OEM or the Sony from Teyes.

646E196A-1FC6-4C64-A87F-F6414F65D3E1.jpeg

Has anyone had issues with the heater working with the Teyes system? My A/C works fine, but now that we have cold weather in Texas I need some warmth. When I crank the temp to Hi, it just blows room temp air.

Has anyone had issues with the heater working with the Teyes system? My A/C works fine, but now that we have cold weather in Texas I need some warmth. When I crank the temp to Hi, it just blows room temp air.
You sure its not the heating system?

No I'm not sure, but the only major change I've made is to install this unit so I thought I'd check on this thread first.
if on the TEYEs unit you can increase / decrease the temp , then the signal is working. It might be your heating system

I have connected the factory backup camera in my Lx470 to my teyes unit.
Thanks for the method from @richardrmwd
All we needs are three cables
Tap into Pin 39 and 40 cables then connect them to the rca cable behind the CC3.
Tap into Pin 27 cable then connect it to the brown cable(Pin 5 in G port) behind the CC3.

Looking at purchasing one of these for an 05' LC Has anyone successfully installed one in an 05? I see people talking about 06+ issues and LX issues. Browsed through and didnt see much about issues with earlier year LC's?

Also what version are people going with? There is a whole list on there for 100 Series

Looking at purchasing one of these for an 05' LC Has anyone successfully installed one in an 05? I see people talking about 06+ issues and LX issues. Browsed through and didnt see much about issues with earlier year LC's?

Also what version are people going with? There is a whole list on there for 100 Series
My reading of this thread seems to show that most major issues ARE with LC's and not LX's.
The LX issues seem to be corrected with factory resets and changing settings.

My reading of this thread seems to show that most major issues ARE with LC's and not LX's.
The LX issues seem to be corrected with factory resets and changing settings.
Yes, issues on LC are the hum, hiss, and electrostatic interference noises. The hum is very minimal and maybe not noticeable. But hiss is white noise at all times even the device is off (btw there isn't a "off" in it, it just mutes itself when switched off). This white noise is like no channel tuned on FM radio. Then electrostatic interference and hiss are the major issues.

Have the issue on 04LC and 05LC (manufacture dates 11/2003 and 1/2005)

Every time I see one of these units I want one and every time I read about the oddities, I'm glad I went with the BT-45. I really don't understand how these recurring problems don't get addressed with updates / newer models.

Every time I see one of these units I want one and every time I read about the oddities, I'm glad I went with the BT-45. I really don't understand how these recurring problems don't get addressed with updates / newer models.
I really dont understand how Toyota cant seem to put a head unit in their vehicles that is not absolutely horrendous. Litterally the worst part of owning anything Toyota/Lexus is the head units. The integrated HVAC controls that have to be accessed from the screen like on our GX460 are basically the #1 reason I got rid of the thing.

How do you like the BT-45? I am currently running a bluetooth cassette adapter and it works ok but not fantastic.

Looks like Toyota finally went after the headunit and caught up in 2023 with all their new models lol -- i'm liking the 2023 Prius.
Anyways, for those with the TEYES CC3 - there was a question around if you went aftermarket amp- would it fix the volume knob issue. The answer is NO. I have an 06 LX 470, installed it and everything works as stated in the previous posts in this thread. Then, I upgraded to a Rockford Fosgate punch P1000 after market amp and the factory volume knob stoped working -- it will only mute. Steering volume works. I'm OK with that.

I really dont understand how Toyota cant seem to put a head unit in their vehicles that is not absolutely horrendous. Litterally the worst part of owning anything Toyota/Lexus is the head units. The integrated HVAC controls that have to be accessed from the screen like on our GX460 are basically the #1 reason I got rid of the thing.

How do you like the BT-45? I am currently running a bluetooth cassette adapter and it works ok but not fantastic.
The BT-45 is flawless. It is wireless and I have had zero issues with it. I do not use the factory Bluetooth and I keep my nav screen turned off (it looks the best that way!)

Can someone with an LX confirm rear door speakers and sub is working? You can test by using the field adjuster in the equalizer. Only the front door speakers working on my 04 LC. Faded sound on rear speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom