TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I try to avoid this thread and I was aiming for the wrenching thread but Damn. Logan’s in limbo.

2E33A044-F0D7-4BB6-874D-E6CDC053E4C6.jpeg

17EB36AC-E86F-45CC-B840-C5C018FB77F9.jpeg

Not when it won’t fit inside the caliper.

I will be glad the day I retire from the Feds for good. The oh you have a certificate from a school so you know what you are doing and can lead fools is getting worse and worse every day. Got a young lady out of NAU about 2 years now incharge of roads here in the Forest. No clue how to run equipment or lead folks or inspect what the contractors doing . Asked her today why we need a crown in the road. No clue what i meant. Completely clueless. And the contractors know it and are getting away with way too much. Not being held to any standard . Let me not even get started about the DR......

Come faster retirement......

Or atleast November....

Just FedEx, doing FedEx things....I guess they are going to blame it on Hurricane Ian, but I need my shocks. Sheesh!

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 1.20.04 PM.png

Just FedEx, doing FedEx things....I guess they are going to blame it on Hurricane Ian, but I need my shocks. Sheesh!

Nah…it’s because they delivered my package of spring/shackle bushings today instead of Monday as scheduled. I’m sorry, but sacrifices had to be made.

EMP. I’d be one of the few people sitting on my porch just watching it all burn down around me. After a beer run of course.

I have no words for this.

When I read this, I was hoping for some witty response using a catch phrase form one of her songs, that everyone knows . . . but then I realized . . . I have no idea of her songs - I thought I might . .but probably many of us really don't know any of her songs.

So I go listen to a few and realize, wow she really sux. I mean, if you can provide me with her "good song" - I am willing to listen.

I was feeling kinda gross after listening, so I had to go listen to something else in "her genre" to make sure I just wasn't having a bad listening day or something.

So alternatively, I would recommend the sound track from "Day Shift" a Jamie Foxx movie about vampires. Classic Tupac, Ice Cube, ODB, etc.

Maybe her big ass is just the point of the course. Who knows. Get off my lawn Minaj!

Edit - I may be too harsh here. If I can hear something that is awesome, I will let you all know how much of an ASS I am myself.

The one thing I used to love about North Carolina was the dmv offices. Most of them are government contracts from what I understand. So the service was pretty efficient friendly and the staff was always very knowledgeable

Well I’m sure since the dmv was running rather effectively then they had to change it too not make the rest of the government look bad I guess.

2 dmvs near me were closed.
Now the one dmv near me literally has a line 200 people deep.

Also the second closest dmv to me doesn’t offer tags and registration.

So of course now I have to run around all of Raleigh looking for a dmv so I can renew 3 of my vehicles. Of course I will have to go through this again when I renew the rest of my vehicles ( plus inspection) next month.

That Texas ranch I want to buy sounds better and better every month that goes by.

The one thing I used to love about North Carolina was the dmv offices. Most of them are government contracts from what I understand. So the service was pretty efficient friendly and the staff was always very knowledgeable

Well I’m sure since the dmv was running rather effectively then they had to change it too not make the rest of the government look bad I guess.

So of course now I have to run around all of Raleigh looking for a dmv so I can renew 3 of my vehicles. Of course I will have to go through this again when I renew the rest of my vehicles ( plus inspection) next month.

That Texas ranch I want to buy sounds better and better every month that goes by.
Funny you mention this, was a topic of conversation at a friend's place last night. From what I learnt, the DMV at Holly Springs was shut down abruptly by the feds recently as the independent contractor there was taking liberties, aka 'contract violations'. Maybe they were shut down for being too efficient :)
I also heard that the Angier DMV was pleasant to deal with and had small lines.
I'm fortunate to not to have had to deal with the DMV in some time, but my last visit to the one in Cary (behind Grand Asia Market off Buk Jones Rd) wasn't bad and also the license office, also in Cary, off of Maynard.

Did you try the NC Plate Agency @ 2533 Atlantic Ave #102, Raleigh, NC 27604? That's the one I always go to. If you show up before 8:30 and get in line before they open at 9am, you'll be in and out in less than 10 minutes. If you go after 9am, you will probably be waiting in line for an hour or more.

You guys know after you get an inspection, you can renew online right? There's no need to go to the dmv office unless you're buying/selling or have to do license/id work.

I do because I have to renew a vehicle tag without the paperwork ( they never sent the renewal paper)

And I received renewal paperwork for other vehicles I don’t own any more.

The online Florida dmv site is amazing.
Never tried it here in nc. I will try it next month with the vehicles I have to register next month.

Funny you mention this, was a topic of conversation at a friend's place last night. From what I learnt, the DMV at Holly Springs was shut down abruptly by the feds recently as the independent contractor there was taking liberties, aka 'contract violations'. Maybe they were shut down for being too efficient :)
I also heard that the Angier DMV was pleasant to deal with and had small lines.
I'm fortunate to not to have had to deal with the DMV in some time, but my last visit to the one in Cary (behind Grand Asia Market off Buk Jones Rd) wasn't bad and also the license office, also in Cary, off of Maynard.
The holly springs one is the one I usually go to. But yeah. Of course now it’s closed.

I don’t think Angier is in wake county. I’m pretty sure that’s hartnett. Nc is not a fan of you registering your vehicles in different counties.

I used to try to renew my registration down in hope mills nc when I used to work down there and always had a bunch of issues with registration. ( unique to me I’m sure, due to not being an NC RESIDENT and I don’t pay taxes on my vehicles like nc residents)

Ryan.

I’m at the Atlantic avenue site.
So far I’m impressed with the efficiency.
Hardly any line here. Don’t think I will be here longer than 20 min.

Hopefully I am able to take care of all that I need to take care of here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom