November Meet: Cancelled: Nov 12 Lake Cowichan day trip, Mr Mikes after 6 pm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it’s been officially rainy season now for 72 hrs. We’ve had 1.5” of the stuff while I was gone.
I owe Ryan a beer, for his logical reasoning that I’d put the hammer down on the skinny pedal
of the Tundra on the hotshot run to Ft Nelson.
I‘d like to see perhaps @crustyBJ60 @cruisedeisel if you guys can maybe come down. I’m open to any day,
it could even be a weekend.
Location? Nanaimo - Muddy Waters by Departure Bay is closed and renamed. Pub is still there.
@GTSSportCoupe @stevebradford @OTBT etc, not sure if you all are up to a run up island. We could do
this on a weekend morning as well, hit a breakfast joint instead of a pub.
Lets hear what you all think

Sounds like fun. Wonder if we get some wheeling in before hand for anyone who's interested? If we could do it a weekend that is.

Sounds good.

I miss Muddy's. Watched them build that place with chainsaws and colourful metaphors.

They originally had holes cut in the floor for fishing:lol:

Not the same now it's Seamus Gonzalez' (or whateverthefuck they're calling it now)

So how about we look at a weekend? We could wheel in somewhere. Pub at Lake Cowichan maybe after some wheeling? Ideas?

Anytime between the 11-18th works for me . Or after the 25th.

Sounds like fun. Wonder if we get some wheeling in before hand for anyone who's interested? If we could do it a weekend that is.
So far weekend of Nov 12/13 looks like sweet spot for most. Nov 11 is Friday, for guys who have ceremonies to attend. Also
We turn clocks back Nov 6.

Last edited:
Here is a Mosaic Access map, maybe that will help me figure out where we can go.

This map is so inaccurate as to be obsolete. If there were only the number of gates they say there are,
there would be no issue.

Last edited:
The Mosaic gates are about as open as they get around Nanaimo at the moment for hunting season - I went up Decosmos this weekend.

I'll try and come out if you guys are meeting up around Nanaimo.

The Mosaic gates are about as open as they get around Nanaimo at the moment for hunting season - I went up Decosmos this weekend.

I'll try and come out if you guys are meeting up around Nanaimo.

If we did wheeling in Nanaimo could you lead us around? If you're familiar with some good trails?

I'm working that weekend so I'm out.

11th is my first day back after vacation, I'm hoping to spend some quality time with both trucks over the next 10days. I have a list. 😞

If we did wheeling in Nanaimo could you lead us around? If you're familiar with some good trails?
I'm on call for work so can't commit to anything that has others relying upon me... Also my cruiser is still stock on little tires, so not really ready for "trails". I could privately share the location/gps tracks of a few points of interest (e.g. the "skydeck", approx location of dead horse mine) and some decent trails/routes that I know of.

I'm on call for work so can't commit to anything that has others relying upon me... Also my cruiser is still stock on little tires, so not really ready for "trails". I could privately share the location/gps tracks of a few points of interest (e.g. the "skydeck", approx location of dead horse mine) and some decent trails/routes that I know of.

Oh I see, don't worry about it; was just an idea.

What I'll do is wait and see how many Nanaimo people will be available over this weekend. I'd thought we could
head up into Lake Cowichan area north shore for a day trip, end the day at MR MIKES in Duncan for dinner and
meeting. So anyone who can't make it out for the day, we could have the meeting Saturday night
How does that work?

What I'll do is wait and see how many Nanaimo people will be available over this weekend. I'd thought we could
head up into Lake Cowichan area north shore for a day trip, end the day at MR MIKES in Duncan for dinner and
meeting. So anyone who can't make it out for the day, we could have the meeting Saturday night
How does that work?

That is most ideal for me, as much less driving, and I love exploring around Cow. So I'm in.

I’ve edited the title. Its what the plan is. I looked up the mountain after last nights storm to see
about 30-40 individual fires above the power line. Called Forestry. Not sure if intentional
slash burns, in hindsight. But damn, lot of burning today. Next couple of days will provide
snow or not. Guess wait and see.

Sorta wondering who can make this wheeling run? There's tons to see out that way. Can hit Rhodonite mine, tons of trails, head up Chemainus River, visit Sherk Lake, etc. Lots of options Will only hit trails everyone is comfortable with.

Who can do the Meet afterwards?

Pics from last run out that way

IMG_20220501_135858432_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220501_123628936_HDR.jpg

It’s going to be a snow run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom