Cross country expedition part deux or whatever (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So maybe Honger could pass the briefcase to DSRTRDR to take north towards the museum for a final stop. If someone from SLC or headed that way can meet DSRTRDR for the last leg it can make it there.
I can also bring it to SLC (we are going skiing in Utah), but I won't drive there in my 40

For those of you that are interested in being involved with the new relay please take a moment to read the first page or more of the original cross country expedition so we don't have to reinvent the process. I think that realistically it should be open to all land cruiser owners with an emphasis on 40s but not exclusively.
It's up to you to follow along and step up for a leg of the trip.

Hi mike,

I will be at the Seattle Cruiserheads meeting on October 11th. I will be driving my 100 Series to the Palm Springs, CA. area in a few weeks so can take this along and hand it off along the way if interested. Let me know.

Alan
How's the plan looking?

For those of you that are interested in being involved with the new relay please take a moment to read the first page or more of the original cross-country expedition so we don't have to reinvent the process. I think that realistically it should be open to all land cruiser owners with an emphasis on 40s but not exclusively.
It's up to you to follow along and step up for a leg of the trip.
I travelled 1800 miles to make the leg out of Fla happen--I'd do it again in a heartbeat---I met too many good folks on that journey--that is the reward--making friends seeing the rural landscape of other folk's areas-be it a local diner, a monument, a picturesque scene , an endless field of corn or wheat, or a run-down farm that makes you want to stop and help)-All of this is America which is being depleted at an alarming rate).
We are so blessed here, because of the folks who care about the things that make our Country great--the things you can see in your travels across our country, and in your rear view mirror--
There are examples of triumph and of failure, all over these United States, but all are part of US--I think this is the reason the original rally was conceived, and why it is so important and ongoing--we have so many indicators of our heritage --sort of like Fieries's Diners, Drive in's etc. that are out of the mainstream, but are the foundation of who we are as a country--
Participation in this may be daunting to some--but I will tell you-you will meet folks that you will forever stay in contact with, you will see vistas you never saw before,., and you will never forget the experience.--I certainly haven't--plus it's fun--you get to drink beer with strangers who have the same questions about FJ 40 carbs as you do---

Last edited:
Thanks, that's what I'm talking about.

The new briefcase was successfully handed off today to Alan from the Seattle Cruiserheads group and will be on its way to SLC for a handoff to Kurt in his 100 series. We will keep you posted on the next leg. Thanks Alan.

20221029_125909.jpg

Alan is in his 100 series and Kurt will be in whatever he wants....

Well preferably a 40 to keep the theme going but totally up to you.

Had a great meet up with Alan and passed off the case. And we're off! It has been up to Cape Flattery and around the Olympics Peninsula and up to Seattle for the handoff. Not a bad start.

IMG954395.jpg

The case is officially in Kurt's hands. Maybe he can keep us updated.

IMG954402(1).jpg

It's headed to the Baja 1000 next week!

:cool:

Hey, where at in Iowa? Got someone who can pick up the one in Bozeman and heading that way.
putting this out there.... I could do some Nebraska, Iowa, lower half of SD, and or some MN - it would be spring most likely as I don't want to drove in salt

willing to go south too into KS, MO, maybe OK. totally flexible in flyover country.

Does anybody have a junk regulator?

Want to experiment with a Balmar voltage regulator programmed for the AGM battery.

Have one from a previous camper build and would like test it out on this build.

All I need is this connector…

View attachment 3163139

putting this out there.... I could do some Nebraska, Iowa, lower half of SD, and or some MN - it would be spring most likely as I don't want to drove in salt

willing to go south too into KS, MO, maybe OK. totally flexible in flyover country.
Same. I can drive to MO, NE or SD. I dont do salt either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom