What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Friday vibes heading to the machine shop today!
And a new bike day photo for the bike nerds.
Heading to the Philly bike show.
6892120A-C988-4556-8DFD-AAA249099771.jpeg

BBD35155-E55B-4EFE-A502-61C0E96F3BC9.jpeg
F7C5835F-C60C-4387-B1C3-8CC921A602C0.png
B477AF2C-480B-4616-B235-D4C496FF9D47.png

Sweet custom bicycle! Rim brakes and aluminum rims huh? What are some kind of purist? Oh wait I see the mechanical Campy drivetrain...yup definitely a purist. I haven't seen a purist since I was on Velocipede forums back in the day. Fat tires are a game changer!

Sweet custom bicycle! Rim brakes and aluminum rims huh? What are some kind of purist? Oh wait I see the mechanical Campy drivetrain...yup definitely a purist. I haven't seen a purist since I was on Velocipede forums back in the day. Fat tires are a game changer!
Sweet custom bicycle! Rim brakes and aluminum rims huh? What are some kind of purist? Oh wait I see the mechanical Campy drivetrain...yup definitely a purist. I haven't seen a purist since I was on Velocipede forums back in the day.
Thanks brother !
Yeah I’m an old cat 2 roadie.
I know RS and all those guys on Vsalon.
yeah this is my version of a dirt road bike.
Those are 35s that measure out to 38 mm.
And with those serrated brake tracks it stops just as good as disc brakes on the mountain bike.
Definitely a purist not into electric and hydros on a road bike.

Last edited:
Thanks brother !
Yeah I’m an old cat 2 roadie.
I know RS and all those guys on Vsalon.
this is my version of a dirt road bike.
Those are 35s that measure out to 38 mm.
And with those serrated brake tracks it stops just as good as disc brakes on the mountain bike.
Definitely a purist not into electric and hydros on a road bike.
This is a proper modern classic steel shredder! That weighs 16 lbs
And yes those very modern aluminum HED Ardennes whlz.
Not into riding plastic deadwood frames lol!

Love it! Can't beat a pedal on your own custom frame with all the bells and whistles. I still pedal my old Sycip as a commuter and never plan to stop.

Not ready for the trails yet, so parking lot shenanigans it is

20221025_173552.jpg

20221025_173816.jpg

pics? I'm thinking of converting my sleeping platform to a drawer system (I would need to raise it to make it useful) and was wondering how best to handle this part. I want to do something strong/sturdy. Currently my platform is the same height as the rear portion of the folded down seat back, gives an incline when my mattress is on it which I'm not a huge fan of either.
12 tall drawers, no slides and a wood block under the seats to make it level. 1/2 ply for lightness.

I make fancy wood blocks

Replacing the gear oil in my diffs. The crush washer has a flat side and a side with a seam. Which side faces outwards toward the plug?

Replacing the gear oil in my diffs. The crush washer has a flat side and a side with a seam. Which side faces outwards toward the plug?

It doesn't matter.

Even though Dan states it doesn't matter, I would place the seam on the nut side because that would be the side to "slide"

12 tall drawers, no slides and a wood block under the seats to make it level. 1/2 ply for lightness.

I make fancy wood blocks
great idea, thank you! how do the drawers work with no slides?

Never the side your creating the torque on.
In other words seam in. This is the way for copper/fibre gaskets used in aviation.

First annual Maritime Cruiserfest😬

It got rescheduled to this later date due to Hurricane Fiona ruining the first selected date.

Going to be late spring for 2023 edition🍻

Only 3 rigs but at least they were 80’s. Cool temps at night, -4 C but beautiful weather during the day.

Hoping more of the Maritime Land Cruiser members join us next year. Or any other cruiser from anywhere🍻

F384154E-09D4-470E-816F-714430FBF2AC.jpeg

6043E0D9-C1A5-4EC4-92CE-5FD9DADA8502.jpeg

C3AA2562-4515-4A38-9F93-DBCCF54E0DC3.jpeg

Last edited:
great idea, thank you! how do the drawers work with no slides?

Almost a decade later and still good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom