I Bought an LX with a Blown Engine... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this 02 LX470 on the good'ol Facebooks... One of those nights I happen to catch the posting as soon as it was listed and called the guy 5 minutes later with a deposit...

LOONNNG Story short..... This LX had a blown engine and was completely in pieces... Someone/shop had attempted to do an engine swap and couldn't get it right...

Clean body, no rust, interior needs some love, and the engine was in pieces.... $3500 later its on the trailer...

20220106_114336.jpg

Here I was testing the ECU/electronics but you can see the engine was gutted and there was a pile of parts in the back of the LX...

20220106_152138.jpg

Unfortunately, my garage was already tied up with my repairing my 40 and finalizing my 2uz 80 swap… I didn’t have the space to work on this LX…

SOOO… I reached out the local Cruiser Community for help here in North Bama...

Thankfully @RocketCityCrzrs opened his shop space to me and the Hot South Cruisers guys volunteered to help wrench, break chit, and drink my beer… 😊

On this day we pulled the engine….

20220709_120448.jpg

20220709_144045.jpg

20220709_151623.jpg

Ded Engine getting added to my parts pile....

20220814_112800.jpg

Awesome you have such an active club in your area to help out (that beer wouldn't have drank itself). The new motor sounds great, congrats on getting it running. Your wife wasn't a fan of the KO2s and 16s? :)

Awesome you have such an active club in your area to help out (that beer wouldn't have drank itself). The new motor sounds great, congrats on getting it running. Your wife wasn't a fan of the KO2s and 16s? :)

Thanks! Yeah, there is a great cruiser community here....

Those KO2s were about 11 years old and sketchy... but no she wanted a grocery getter and long road tripper for this LX...

Nice. Now I'm curious what's goin on with that frame in TN. Feels like there's a story there.
That was my truck. Unfortunately the frame, along w most of the rest of the body went to the recycler 😢. I was storing at a friend's place and got short notice to get it out. I did grind off those sliders though and plan to put on my lx470.

Nice to see your rig come together George! Glad my old 2uz gets to live to see some more action!

That was my truck. Unfortunately the frame, along w most of the rest of the body went to the recycler 😢. I was storing at a friend's place and got short notice to get it out. I did grind off those sliders though and plan to put on my lx470.

Dang.. a frame that clean (enough) when to the recycler.. dang.. thats is unfortunate..they would be like 50 mudders from the North killing for a frame that clean....

Dang.. a frame that clean (enough) when to the recycler.. dang.. thats is unfortunate..they would be like 50 mudders from the North killing for a frame that clean....
I know it… I woulda kept it if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom