SOLD H55 transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
I have a H55 transmission that I pulled out of a 1989 Land Cruiser BJ73 with a grenaded VM engine in it . This is the same shaft that fits the 2F and 3F plus 2H and 12HT diesel engines . Cruiser was clean with around 120k miles on it but I couldn’t drive because of seized up engine . I swapped a 1HZ in it with the matching trans for the 1HZ.

Oil came out clean no shavings and t case was good to but I reused that one .

1750$ for the h55 including shifter and belhousing for VM

6BC05D43-C3FB-4A40-9308-8174EB4A506A.jpeg
3A790A2D-06B0-4568-AF68-864A23DBF1D0.jpeg
A1A4FDD7-3D5F-4C51-BEA3-70D94EA3211E.jpeg

hey really interested in the H55 but i have a 87 FJ60 stock with the split transfer case. will this fit my truck or do i need a bunch of parts or modifications? sorry havent done that swap yet thanks.

hey really interested in the H55 but i have a 87 FJ60 stock with the split transfer case. will this fit my truck or do i need a bunch of parts or modifications? sorry havent done that swap yet thanks.
The transmission works with your 2F but you will need the correct belhousing for it

The transmission works with your 2F but you will need the correct belhousing for it

A 87 should have a 3F bellinghousing and be a direct bolt in for a H55F with the right input shaft correct? US was a little slower to get the 3F bellhousing 4/85 versus 11/84 for most markets.

A 87 should have a 3F bellinghousing and be a direct bolt in for a H55F with the right input shaft correct? US was a little slower to get the 3F bellhousing 4/85 versus 11/84 for most markets.
Mine came out of the VM diesel 70 series so that belhousing won't match I think . I am pretty clueless on the interchangability in between the different gassers but I am sure others could chime in here.

well thanks for getting back to me to if i cant find what i need I'm interested i think ust the input shaft is different but not sure

well thanks for getting back to me to if i cant find what i need I'm interested i think ust the input shaft is different but not sure
H55 will fit directly into your ‘87 FJ60. Will bolt to your existing bell housing. You will need a fifth gear oil dripper ($3 from Toyota) and to plug a hole in your split case. You should consider a TC rebuild while you are working down there.

Mine came out of the VM diesel 70 series so that belhousing won't match I think . I am pretty clueless on the interchangability in between the different gassers but I am sure others could chime in here.

My above comment assumes that the input shaft is correct (ie stock) for the H55
Bearing retainer changed 10/85. Later has two oil channel that requires a little grinding on earlier bellhousings. Shouldn't be a problem with a 87.

Like you mentioned should be an easy switch.

The transmission will bolt right in and it’s a great upgrade. We’ve done the conversion/installation many times.
Happy to help if you need info or parts; we keep everything required to complete the installation in stock.
You’ll need the 5th gear oiler, a Tcase reseal or rebuild kit and possibly a few other associated parts.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

I have a H55 transmission that I pulled out of a 1989 Land Cruiser BJ73 with a grenaded VM engine in it . This is the same shaft that fits the 2F and 3F plus 2H and 12HT diesel engines . Cruiser was clean with around 120k miles on it but I couldn’t drive because of seized up engine . I swapped a 1HZ in it with the matching trans for the 1HZ.

View attachment 3150432View attachment 3150433View attachment 3150434
Where in Texas?

View attachment 3150432View attachment 3150433View attachment 3150434

Hello if you still have you're transmission I am interested in buying it my son lives in San Antonio so if you're close to my son he can pickup for me thanks Dan 971-261-8228 if you wish to call me that would be great

Hello if you still have you're transmission I am interested in buying it my son lives in San Antonio so if you're close to my son he can pickup for me thanks Dan 971-261-8228 if you wish to call me that would be great
Unfortunately Texas is a big state and I am about 5 hours away from San Antonio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom