Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why? You just prefer the earlier design? Or something specifically about putting a different face on a rig?
Because the mixture of the two styles is terrible. The 470/100 series is fine on it's own. The 60 series is classic and one of the best on it's own. Blending the two just does not work aesthetically, at least with this execution. It could possibly be done differently and look ok but most of these 80/100 series with 60 front clips look plain awful.

I think Adam is saying he doesn't like the 60 Series grill on the 100 as pictured. ;)
^This.

As for the race truck, I'm 100% in favor of the front sheetmetal swap to the 2016+ parts. It is by far the best looking front end on a 200 series.

As for the race truck, I'm 100% in favor of the front sheetmetal swap to the 2016+ parts. It is by far the best looking front end on a 200 series.

Yeah but, all the other vehicles in the class only see tail lights... :rimshot:

Because the mixture of the two styles is terrible. The 470/100 series is fine on it's own. The 60 series is classic and one of the best on it's own. Blending the two just does not work aesthetically, at least with this execution. It could possibly be done differently and look ok but most of these 80/100 series with 60 front clips look plain awful.

^This.

Got it.. in my fast scrolling I didn't even realize that thing was in the post you quoted.

Off to wrap :cool:

IMG_20221030_114510_090.jpg

What's the track width rules for this class of racing?
I don’t believe there are specific track width restrictions but I do know that factory suspension links, axles and steering must be used, which is why there isn’t extended width long travel A arms etc on the truck.

I won't see Monica for a couple of weeks but I'll see what I have for pics. Technically we aren't allowed to cut the body up. We have a 3" body lift and have trimmed 2" out of the front fender opening. Those are the limits allowed by class rules. However we've removed all fender liners, brackets, etc to give us as much room as possible. We do have to run a plate wheel spacer to keep the tires off the UCA ball joint.

What's the track width rules for this class of racing?

I don’t believe there are specific track width restrictions but I do know that factory suspension links, axles and steering must be used, which is why there isn’t extended width long travel A arms etc on the truck.

See the quote above from earlier in the thread. Wheels spacers are the only thing affecting track width.

And tundra control arms 🤫
Chassis:

Front Suspension: Custom tuned King Kong 3.5” triple bypass shocks with 2.5” King Coil-overs; stock OEM Toyota upper and lower control arms

Rear Suspension: Custom tuned King Kong 4.5” triple bypass shocks with 2.5” King Coil-overs; stock OEM Toyota 4-link suspension

Steering: Stock Toyota rack and pinion, with external oil cooler

Brakes: Custom CNC dual master cylinders, adjustable proportioning valve, TRD high performance brake pads; stock OEM Toyota disc brakes and calipers front and rear

Tires: 37x12.50R17 BFGoodrich Baja T/A KR2 on TRD forged wheels

Did something change? I've always been under the impression that "Monica" was using all stock control arms as required by the class they race in.

Teehee.

1667427188167.png

Hat tip to the person who paint marked the steering rack plastic guard bolts. Dedication to the game.

Hat tip to the person who paint marked the steering rack plastic guard bolts. Dedication to the game.

It's a race truck. Everything we touch to put back on it gets ample amounts of loctite and a paint mark after torque. That way there is zero question or issue when visually inspecting in the pits to make sure nothing moved.

I wonder how the Tundra LCA will hold up to the rigors of racing.

Seems that the LC LCA has larger cross sections and as I understand it uses larger hardware in places. That the Tundra LCA is longer and has to deal with forces at greater leverage. Hrmm...

I wonder how the Tundra LCA will hold up to the rigors of racing.

Seems that the LC LCA has larger cross sections and as I understand it uses larger hardware in places. That the Tundra LCA is longer and has to deal with forces at greater leverage. Hrmm...

I suspect it would survive just fine.

Hardware is the same.

I was hoping to see some new shirts to go along with the new wrap about to be released for this years race but it’s getting really close. Us nerds like to support you any silly way we can 😉

I was hoping to see some new shirts to go along with the new wrap about to be released for this years race but it’s getting really close. Us nerds like to support you any silly way we can 😉

We've been pretty jammed up getting ready this year not just for our own car but helping the Jaos team as well. I don't know that shirts will happen before the race but let's try and do something after. Thank you thank you for the support!

Speaking of Jaos, can you believe they gave me the keys? Their building is amazing, super tidy, very dialed. Can't wait to see it in the dirt!

image000000(6).jpg

Where can I find pics under the skirt of the Jaos 300. I get the impression it's smaller, lighter, and perhaps a less aggressive build than Monica? At least from the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom