Who has the most miles on a 200 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm only at 156K :( The chassis ain't broken in yet, but the seats definitely are! Gonna get my LX reupholstered if I keep her.

Just gave back my 2010 4.5TTD a few weeks ago with 478 000km, which is just under 300 000mi. Very original mechanically, only a rear diff rebuild, radiator replacement and water pump/idlers, alternator, belts etc while the radiator was out. Used as an Ag service vehicle, ran very hard and very heavy on really crappy roads. Body mounts were due for replacement, but still started and ran like a gazelle.... an old, near death gazelle. Original injectors also....

I was a bit devastated that I wasn't the one to cross the 500K mark in it, but my 2007 is at 440K km now, so I might get to do it in that one instead. My 60 Series has only just crossed 400K km - another 100K in that old rocket doesn't turn me on as much as it used to.....

Last edited:
262k miles on my 2008. Took it on a 5000mi road trip this summer, and the only issues were with Ignition Coils (which I attribute to WAY overdue plugs), and the head unit would cut out after 6-8 hours of 100 degree 80mph driving.

I replaced the plugs and the offending coil with OEM and that seems to have solved the coil issue.
I haven't had the head unit issue since, (hasn't been run that hard in the heat since) but I think it's probably the factory amp overheating. Going to pull it and clean all connections before next summer's road trip.

Overall, at 262k miles it has had less problems and drives better than my brother in law's 2015 Denali with 80k miles

I just crossed 90K on my 2020. I off road for work, so I would guess there are about 15K dirt miles on there, and I rally as fast as I possibly can through it. This is where I always ditched other trucks because the rattling was unbearable, and things, such as bumpers, would keep falling off (Nissan Titan). If I ran trucks past 100K I'd end up with a major $10-15K repair. The LC rides as smooth and tight as the day I picked it up new. Nothing but scheduled maintenance. I was going through trucks every 1 1/2 - 2 years before because I drive about 40-50K miles per year. GMC, Ford, and Nissan are all just plastic disposable toys for my purposes. I'm hoping to keep this forever, my wife says I've finally found my soul mate.

Amen brother! I bought a new oil filler cap for a Tacoma from Toyota. States 5W30. Now the dealer automatically use 5W30 in my LC. Before the new cap they always tried to sneak in 0W20 because ‘that’s what is says on the cap’.
That’s a great idea!! What year Taco cap fits our trucks? Sick and tired of fighting with them to not put 0w20 in my 16.

and the head unit would cut out after 6-8 hours of 100 degree 80mph driving.

A few people have posted about a sort of buzzing sound from the disk slot in cold weather and mine finally did this recently on a cold morning in the mountains. 185K miles. To me it sounds a whole lot like shaft wobble from dry/worn small electric cooling fan bushings, and I suspect for many of us those things just don’t turn like they used to. There are small fans on either side of the main Nav unit (not the screen) and I’m imagining it being those.

I have plans to pull mine this winter on a cold day and try to see what’s up.. I’m not sure yet but I suspect some people with issues like yours have this as a factor.

A few people have posted about a sort of buzzing sound from the disk slot in cold weather and mine finally did this recently on a cold morning in the mountains. 185K miles. To me it sounds a whole lot like shaft wobble from dry/worn small electric cooling fan bushings, and I suspect for many of us those things just don’t turn like they used to. There are small fans on either side of the main Nav unit (not the screen) and I’m imagining it being those.

I have plans to pull mine this winter on a cold day and try to see what’s up.. I’m not sure yet but I suspect some people with issues like yours have this as a factor.
To me it sounds like actual interference between the rotating assembly of the small fan and the surrounding shroud/metal etc. it only is present at cold mornings and I suspect the thermal shrinkage of the materials may be the cause. Have not heard it in temperatures above 0F in the LX.

To me it sounds like actual interference between the rotating assembly of the small fan and the surrounding shroud/metal etc. it only is present at cold mornings and I suspect the thermal shrinkage of the materials may be the cause. Have not heard it in temperatures above 0F in the LX.
I’ve heard this noise on very worn out fan motors before and it wasn’t an issue with the housing.. it’s hard to picture but when there is enough slop in the bushings (most of these don’t use bearings) and they get dry the shaft almost rolls around the diameter of the bushing instead of slide/rotate smoothly. This often leads to a rapid slowing of the fan, where the wobbling/rolling stops, then it spins up again.. and the process repeats.

Whatever grease is in there getting more viscous from cold could contribute.

I have trouble believing the tolerances in the fan are so tight that thermal contraction could cause interference.. we’re probably talking thousandths of an inch for something of that size and material.

Either way whenever I get around to pulling the nav unit I plan on posting findings even if I’m wrong. I’ve just seen too many things pointing me that direction over the years on this board.

I'll have to pull mine and take a look sometime. The CD/DVD Changer stopped working also and ate a few of my favorite CDs, so maybe I can look at that at the same time. I haven't noted any whirring or buzzing in the cold weather, but it doesn't get that cold here either.

I'll have to pull mine and take a look sometime. The CD/DVD Changer stopped working also and ate a few of my favorite CDs, so maybe I can look at that at the same time. I haven't noted any whirring or buzzing in the cold weather, but it doesn't get that cold here either.
I personally think the buzzing is a sign they are headed for stopping completely..

And I should be clear this is just a hunch. But in my case it is one that justifies pulling the nav unit to investigate.

2013. Getting broke in 😎

CF5BBAA4-45ED-44ED-B3F5-EEBCA94E3DA1.jpeg

221k on my 08’. Seems mostly happy. Although there are some noises. Probably a ticking from a slight passenger side exhaust leak only heard at startup. Also the whine from one of those emissions pumps in the passenger fender well, also at startup. Can’t hear anything else over the noise of my tires, so we’re all good 👌🏼

I just crossed 90K on my 2020. I off road for work, so I would guess there are about 15K dirt miles on there, and I rally as fast as I possibly can through it. This is where I always ditched other trucks because the rattling was unbearable, and things, such as bumpers, would keep falling off (Nissan Titan). If I ran trucks past 100K I'd end up with a major $10-15K repair. The LC rides as smooth and tight as the day I picked it up new. Nothing but scheduled maintenance. I was going through trucks every 1 1/2 - 2 years before because I drive about 40-50K miles per year. GMC, Ford, and Nissan are all just plastic disposable toys for my purposes. I'm hoping to keep this forever, my wife says I've finally found my soul mate.

2021 here, just crossed 50K miles last week upon returning from our Florida trip. I drive 35-50K miles per year but I have been trying to spread it out over all of the vehicles. I plan to keep the Cruiser as my daily until 80K miles or so and then retire it to a weekend/adventure/hunting/camping vehicle. I'd like to have this one around for many years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom