Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Chungas Revenge hasn’t popped in at the mention of drunken spring breakers. He must have slipped into a well, maybe someone needs to go check.

I taught ROTC at WVU for four years. I’ve seen a drunken college kid or two…I wouldn’t “fly over” a spring break gathering. By the time I left WVU my patience was bouncing off of empty. I think that was the beginning of my old and crotchety phase. I‘ve since recovered somewhat but, the mention of going anywhere near Morgantown while school is in sends a curious cork screw sensation up my spine.

Ok, early morning old man rant is over…😁

I have an old Army buddy down in the Sargent area, we're still trying to figure out when and where we're going. I suggested South Padre Island for spring break when all the Texas college girls would be down there, not sure that was going to fly.....

Realistically we don't want to be down there for spring break, maybe the week after but definitely not with a boatload of drunk college kids. (My oldest daughter is a high school senior)

I found a box down at my gate this evening from @Skreddy

Looks like I am going to have a solid spare pump to wrap up and stash in my parts tub, although I probably won't need a spare for the next 50 years.

Cool swag for the lunch box also!

Thanks @Skreddy (and I owe you some more for shipping!)

20221026_194515.jpg
20221026_194121.jpg
20221026_194455.jpg

I was looking at the packing and shipping department desk at Skreddy National this morning and saw a few stickers in a ziploc that said “RKYMTN” and thought crap, I didn’t send them. At least not all of them.

Hope you enjoyed reading through it!

All the places I have been lucky enough to explore are insane, there are people that plan years in advance to do what I can make happen in a weekend, or a week long adventure that is basically a backyard excursion! One of these days I might get up to the Hi-line and explore the northern tier of the state.
The Hi-line is rad. You'll be glad you did.

The Hi-line is rad. You'll be glad you did.
I enjoy exploring anywhere that I haven't been.

Colby Kansas, or Ennis, MT., makes no difference to me!

I enjoy exploring anywhere that I haven't been.

Colby Kansas, or Ennis, MT., makes no difference to me!
Hey Ryan. How about Apache Trout here in Arizona, native species and rare!

Hey Ryan. How about Apache Trout here in Arizona, native species and rare!
Add AZ to my list of places I need to visit! I bet I could catch a ride with half of the snowbirds that winter down there.

Today I disassembled the new pump I got from @Skreddy and cleaned it up a little.

Tossed all the metal parts in an ultrasonic cleaner with a Simple Green solution, cleaned all the rubber stuff by hand.

Washed all the metal off in hot soapy water after a couple of hours.

Turned out pretty clean in the end, it will make a great trail spare.
20221028_193950.jpg
20221028_193956.jpg
20221028_194016.jpg
20221028_194035.jpg
20221028_194039.jpg

Cleaner than anything else under the hood of my 40!

@GA Architect would not approve of this message.

Sounds like a good excuse to go buy a 9 or 10 weight saltwater setup!
I think an 8wt is perfect for the Texas bays(trout and redfish), you could go with a 9 and have a tweener in the event you ever get a chance to chase tarpon

Last edited:
Add AZ to my list of places I need to visit! I bet I could catch a ride with half of the snowbirds that winter down there.
Ryan you are welcome here anytime👍

Couple of cool packages were delivered today, thank you @Chungas Revenge and @Skreddy for the fly rod and fuel pump!

The fuel pump will get bolted up to @ZooTownCruiser s engine so we can get rid of the electric pump.

Of course the fly rod will live in my 40, that will make a perfect addition to the kit.

Thank you gentlemen.

After a couple hours in Zep 45. The last one I cleaned up on the left.
20221031_203919.jpg

Dang pic is upside down.

Mo betta.

The last one I cleaned up is on the right now.

and a conehead streamer for scale.
20221031_203919.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom