85 FJ60 Stereo Wiring. Help! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
why is there only five wires? and what do they mean? want to add an aftermarket stereo. what are my options?
wiring.jpg

stock radio shares speaker grounds... rewire all your speaker just use the hot and ground for your radio( add battery hot ) you will be alot happier

I ran all new for my setup, but I went with a higher end setup. I knew I'd feel better in the long run

Do they sell adapter harnesses in the US? Makes life much easier. They come in 2 pieces, one for the brand of stereo and one for the make of vehicle, and you just plug them together.

For possible future reference, the wiring is in the chassis manual.
R - Accessory Power Supply to radio
WB - Radio Ground
RL - RH Speaker
WL - LH Speaker
B - Common speaker ground.

What do the "L"'s mean in RL and WL ?

i can KUSTOM Hand Craft ANY Vintage toyota Radi pigtails 1990 and older

some 91-97 80 series also ,

nothing past that .......

but if your staying a 60 series radio 12V or 24V in any 8/80-1990 i can most certify assist and help

even creating a 4 speaker pigtails system on a 2 Channel oem radio

1666794327535.png

89620-60060jpg.image.500 x400 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
i carry and STOCK all this related parts and services FJ60 / FJ62 OEM factory radios related :

thanks for your support

matt

1666802674866.png

1666802727487.png

1666802715787.png

1666802791628.png

1666802532116.png

1666802566509.png

1666802591945.png

Does anyone know if there is an Illumination wire to dim aftermarket stereos when the headlights are on?

Does anyone know if there is an Illumination wire to dim aftermarket stereos when the headlights are on?

why YES , yes there is in-fact such a wire on ALL 8/80-9/87 FJ60's globally ........

you can tap into it using a wide gauge FEMALE spade terminal at your cigarette lighter illuminated green trim ring directly below the radio and the HVAC switch panel

don't just PO hack into it , , extract the female brass terminal , cut it off , and then piggy back crimp it and your new needed interior illuniation wire that's controlled and fed off your rheostat dimmer rotate dial

clean , easy , done right , no future issues for me when i purchase your Beige Metalic FJ60 from you in a few years , when your wife makes you sell it .... :D

Thanks Matt. Yes, she will make me sell it eventually. :)

Is this OEM wiring? I need help identifying the wiring so i can pull it or terminate it. I am wiring up an 5 channel amp and new single din stereo. I am trying to not chase my tail here.

1987 January

I need the following:
12v switched
Ground
Ignition
Illuminate/dimmer
12v&ground for ham radio

What’s represented in photo:
Grey brown stripe - constant 12v
Blue green stripe - ???
Brown blue stripe - ???
Orange - ???
Green- ???

image.jpg

For aftermarket radios and head units, they all require a wire that becomes hot when the lights are on. They dont dim with your rheostat or anything like that. Just pull off of any wire that is getting 12v when your headlights are on, but are off when the headlights are off.

Is this OEM wiring? I need help identifying the wiring so i can pull it or terminate it. I am wiring up an 5 channel amp and new single din stereo. I am trying to not chase my tail here.

1987 January

I need the following:
12v switched
Ground
Ignition
Illuminate/dimmer
12v&ground for ham radio

What’s represented in photo:
Grey brown stripe - constant 12v
Blue green stripe - ???
Brown blue stripe - ???
Orange - ???