Fall Crawl 2022 - Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great time again this year but ended up screwing up my steering again (and the VSC lights come on as soon as I start moving) even though I took it easy...no idea whats wrong. Seems like a hell of a lot more got broken this year than the last. Terrible video below of @CakeMountain's tire popping. Still not sure how that happened since those rocks weren't sharp.

I'm still overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness of the club members who towed me out, changed my tire, and replaced a broken CV axle all with a level of enthusiasm that was absolutely amazing. It's something I'll never forget. Because I was so touched and wanted to pay this act forward, I donated $500 to the Capital Area Food Bank in honor of the CLCC. Overall, my family had an amazing time, and it's all due the wonder people who attended CLCC. Thank you. Additionally, I'll be hosting the Thursday night meal next year, so think of ideas of what you might want and I'll put out a poll as time comes closer to Fall Crawl 2023.

I did realize something yesterday after all the trouble of getting jacks under the truck and lined up. We could have lowed the AHC system by about 4 inches and made the whole process a littler easier. I'll have to remember that tip for next time. On the drive home, the only problem we encountered was that I forgot to put the truck back into 4hi and was momentarily frightened of transmission issues when it kept revving to 4k as I tried to accelerate. The truck drives like nothing happened. The paint and body panels are another story...

Can't wait to get out there and get the truck back on the trail. Once again, thank you for ensure my family and I had a great time.

donation.jpg

Last edited:
Do you happen to have contact info? I believe Tim is @Jester, but he doesn't seem to get online much here.

Thanks!
man, that truck looked sweet! THEN I saw that it has a v-8 too! :) the rap sheet of work done probably surpasses the asking price.

man, that truck looked sweet! THEN I saw that it has a v-8 too! :) the rap sheet of work done probably surpasses the asking price.
A V8? Last I knew, it had a 3RZ. A V8 in that would be amazing:grinpimp:

A V8? Last I knew, it had a 3RZ. A V8 in that would be amazing:grinpimp:
It has a LS 5.3, 4L60 trans and a Atlas t-case. 5:29's? and locked front and rear. The truck does well and was well put together. It has a lot of extra features that one can not see.

@CakeMountain im glad y’all made it home and enjoyed yourselves enough to come back again next year.

One thing that I thought about in hindsight is that your front diff didn’t leak any oil once we removed the CV, at least from what I can remember. It’s probably low if it doesn’t leak at all. I would drain and fill it when you get a chance.

@CakeMountain im glad y’all made it home and enjoyed yourselves enough to come back again next year.

…It’s probably low if it doesn’t leak at all. I would drain and fill it when you get a chance.
I’ll echo both of those statements. Especially the second one!

Well I figured out my clunking and steering issue. The drivers side inner tie rod clip was a tiny bit loose so the inner had about 5° of play when wrenching on it. That’s what I get for not having the right tool to tighten it and reusing a $3 clip after my trail fix. Lesson learned and at least its an easy fix

Hey there, I'm Phillip with TLCA. I was wondering if this is your photo and if you'd be interested in sharing it and letting us use it for a photo in the calendar we are putting together for this year's events. Could you email me at execvp@tlca.org. Thanks in advance!

Absolutely, I sent you an email @3rdGen4R

Didnt get a chance to snap many photos at all this time since I was in the lead and spotting alot.... but here are a few nice snaps

first is my yearly shot for my laptop background.... 3 years and counting for the same shot!

PXL_20221023_153632582_2.jpg

The rest were from the ride on Saturday... It was a good ride. slow and steady pace with 3 of the 200 series and 2 new faces to Fall Crawl. A good time was had by everyone and most importantly..... no damage or breakage!!

PXL_20221022_163237168.jpg

PXL_20221022_163151347.jpg

PXL_20221022_163124907.jpg

I checked the main clcc page I dont see it. maybe im not cool enough?
There are 2 facebook pages. It's on the CLCC "Group" page:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom