Clean solutions for securing water bottles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome work! Loving the look of these new ones that do not require removing that insert when you have a hydroflask or something larger to put in. Looking forward to ordering the upgraded one as well come November.
Same here - these new designs seem to be a nice improvement. I'll probably being ordering the upgraded one as well.

The new LX570 designs both finished printing about an hour ago. Those will get sanded and prepped on Monday. I should have pics of those installed by the end of this coming week.

The first LX570 updated cup holder design shipped out today for final test fitting and pics. This was the design with the large and small hole and the cell phone slot. Now I need to find someone interested in the two large holes updated design for the LX570. If someone is open to helping me with pics on the very first one then I will give me a big discount on the order. If interested then shoot me a message.

I just want to make sure folks are aware that we are NOT selling the new design on our different seller platforms yet. We are still selling the original design and plan to switch over on 11/1. We may switch over a bit sooner if we run out of inventory on the older design since we have the new design in stock now. We will see how inventory holds up. The reason I post is that I got a few guys who purchased the full replacement cup holders this last week who were expecting the new design. When we start selling the new design, I will post that here AND the pics will be updated as well on the website.

The new design looks awesome. I'm definitely in for one when they are available. Or now if you have them :)

@bhicks Hey, I'm a dumb sort and lazy type of guy, do you make one for my LX?
I don't think it shares bones with any other LX or LC range.

Thanks for making this things, I also need the 3rd row hooks.
Let me know best way to buy.

@bhicks Hey, I'm a dumb sort and lazy type of guy, do you make one for my LX?
I don't think it shares bones with any other LX or LC range.

Thanks for making this things, I also need the 3rd row hooks.
Let me know best way to buy.
We do make a few options for the LX version and have those in stock. It would be for the 08-15 years.

Here are a few pics of the LX design installed.
104D58ECC06E4DAAA4B73BFC83E10890.jpg
32CC1ED043544CEFBE605850140B52DF.jpg
IMG_5939.jpg
IMG_5935.jpg

For one more update, I wanted to go over the feedback from folks that received all of the prototypes for pictures, testing, and feedback. All feedback was positive and folks seemed to be happy with the functionality and fitment. There was one issue that was brought to my attention that I have been working on all week. As Yeti continues to increase the diameter of their popular 36oz. Rambler, we have continued to try and update our products to address that larger size. The latest version which is in the pic below, is the largest to date in diameter for the 36oz. Our new design now accepts it BUT that came with an issue. The original version 1.0 Hydroflasks and Coscto knock off "Thermoflask" (same diameter) are now getting a bit tippy in the cup holder. We knew we could not decrease hole diameter size or we would have issues with the new Yetis fitting. After a few different ideas and tests we came up with a solution that allows just about every thermos and sports bottle on the market to fit securely. We can up with a snap in ring that is easily removed. It's not the original large insert like our first design. Take a look at the pic below. The Yeti Ramber is in the cup holder with no snap ring and the Thermoflask is using the snap ring to create stability. We mounted this set up in our trail rig and went wheelin to see how stable everything was with this setup and a variety of brands. It worked really well and seemed like a simple solution to make this even more universal. We have decided to include this snap in ring in all of the new cup holders. The cup holder with 2 large holes will get two rings. For most of you the ring will simply stay there at all times and all of your cups and thermos' will fit great. For those of you running the latest 36oz. Yeti version, you now have an option that will work as well. Just remove the insert indefinitely. We are doing our best to keep up with the drink container market but Yeti just keeps tossing us curveballs. Hopefully this simple solution will keep everyone happy.
PXL_20221021_145346974.jpg
PXL_20221021_145439479.jpg
PXL_20221021_145528060.jpg
PXL_20221021_145737500.jpg

For one more update, I wanted to go over the feedback from folks that received all of the prototypes for pictures, testing, and feedback. All feedback was positive and folks seemed to be happy with the functionality and fitment. There was one issue that was brought to my attention that I have been working on all week. As Yeti continues to increase the diameter of their popular 36oz. Rambler, we have continued to try and update our products to address that larger size. The latest version which is in the pic below, is the largest to date in diameter for the 36oz. Our new design now accepts it BUT that came with an issue. The original version 1.0 Hydroflasks and Coscto knock off "Thermoflask" (same diameter) are now getting a bit tippy in the cup holder. We knew we could not decrease hole diameter size or we would have issues with the new Yetis fitting. After a few different ideas and tests we came up with a solution that allows just about every thermos and sports bottle on the market to fit securely. We can up with a snap in ring that is easily removed. It's not the original large insert like our first design. Take a look at the pic below. The Yeti Ramber is in the cup holder with no snap ring and the Thermoflask is using the snap ring to create stability. We mounted this set up in our trail rig and went wheelin to see how stable everything was with this setup and a variety of brands. It worked really well and seemed like a simple solution to make this even more universal. We have decided to include this snap in ring in all of the new cup holders. The cup holder with 2 large holes will get two rings. For most of you the ring will simply stay there at all times and all of your cups and thermos' will fit great. For those of you running the latest 36oz. Yeti version, you now have an option that will work as well. Just remove the insert indefinitely. We are doing our best to keep up with the drink container market but Yeti just keeps tossing us curveballs. Hopefully this simple solution will keep everyone happy.
View attachment 3146408View attachment 3146411View attachment 3146412View attachment 3146413
Nice work! How do I order one of the latest versions of the LC cup holders?

Nice work! How do I order one of the latest versions of the LC cup holders?
The plan was to release them on 11/1 but due to all the requests, we may release sooner. We need to get a large batch of the snap rings made, which we are doing right now. We might be able to get the new version up on our website by the end of this weekend.

It is great to see you keeping up with the marketplace, but geesh, who needs a 36oz container of drink at all times. Yikes.

It is great to see you keeping up with the marketplace, but geesh, who needs a 36oz container of drink at all times. Yikes.
The 36 oz yeti looks like a fire extinguisher!

Have you ever considered adding spring loaded fingers as a way to deal with varying bottle sizes?

The 36 oz yeti looks like a fire extinguisher!

Have you ever considered adding spring loaded fingers as a way to deal with varying bottle sizes?
I looked into making little adjustable springs/levers to account for different sizes but ran into numerous issues. They needed to be built into the wall of the cup holder but I have limited space on all sides. It also drastically complicates the print, print time, assembly, and overall cost to manufacture which then blows the price sky high. I looked at rubber fins at the top like many other universal brands use but the rubber material 3D printers can run is sub par. It will not hold up to the extreme temp swings you can get inside cars on hot days. I have also purchased the large adapter cup holders with the rubber fins and can usually get about 12-18 months out of them before the rubber starts getting stiff and cracking. Our goal was to keep it simple and long term durable with as few moving or flexing parts as possible. I think we are gotten it as close to universal fit as possible for all types of cup holders. Obviously those giant 60oz Yeti containers on the market wont fit but they wouldn't fit in anything that would accept any semi normal sized container. You need to screw a 5 gallon bucket to your floor board to accept those stupidly big containers.

So when can we expect this upgraded design for the 200 series? I have your original 2016+ double holder and like this upgrade.
I'm shooting for tomorrow night. We are doing some construction projects in the shop this weekend as we expand our spray booth so we need to finish that up before I jump on the product release. If that project runs long, we will release the new version on Monday.

It's almost 9:30 here on the east coast and we just finished the upgrades to our spray booth. I'm beat and heading home. I will work on releasing the updated version of our cup holders tomorrow. Sorry for the delay but I'm too tired to deal with it tonight.

Finally had a chance to update the product page on our website so the new version can now be ordered. We are working on the ebay and etsy product page right now. Those links will be done soon. Here is the product page from our website.

Last edited:
Here are the etsy and ebay links in case you prefer to shop there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom