Events/Trails Cruisers on the Rocks II "The Deuce" : October 20-23 Windrock Park, Tennessee (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She’s back.
Thanks for a great event.
Damage assessment was minimal, rear taillight and some beauty marks on the bumpers. Look forward to returning next year and seeing you guys on the trails. Hopeful to see some of you in Colorado this summer.
EC577D9D-E8F6-4BB5-AD1D-7BDB0731C192.jpeg

Looks like good time was had at the COTR! Waiting for the pics/videos as the folks get home and start posting them!

Nice, they must have uploaded this last night. I couldn't find it at all when I was searching. $3k though...

I only took a few poser shots while we were waiting on the trail line to move ahead. There were a few guys taking lots of shots/footage though, I expect we'll see a ton coming up in the next few days.

Can confirm there was no rubbing on the 35s in the front or the rear! Maybe I shoulda bought 37s.

20221022_133556.jpg

20221022_133545.jpg

20221021_114551.jpg

Came home to this. Looks like transfer case front seal. Pulling skids in just a bit.

20221023_125017.jpg

20221023_125027.jpg

Nice, they must have uploaded this last night. I couldn't find it at all when I was searching. $3k though...

I only took a few poser shots while we were waiting on the trail line to move ahead. There were a few guys taking lots of shots/footage though, I expect we'll see a ton coming up in the next few days.

Can confirm there was no rubbing on the 35s in the front or the rear! Maybe I shoulda bought 37s.

View attachment 3149283
View attachment 3149284
View attachment 3149288

Came home to this. Looks like transfer case front seal. Pulling skids in just a bit.

View attachment 3149286
View attachment 3149287
Busted front seal mean TC needs to come out - great time to install crawler gears too!

Last edited:
She’s back.
Thanks for a great event.
Damage assessment was minimal, rear taillight and some beauty marks on the bumpers. Look forward to returning next year and seeing you guys on the trails. Hopeful to see some of you in Colorado this summer. View attachment 3149267
Hey. I followed you down I-75 for a little then I had to pull off for fuel.

Hey. I followed you down I-75 for a little then I had to pull off for fuel.
What a surprise. I stopped 4 times for gas each way. It was good knocking out some miles with a fellow Cruiser.
It’s easy pushing through traffic with these big girls when they are showing three days of trail abuse.

He makes fair points. But...there will come a day when you have built your truck to a point that AWD/4WD makes many trails boring. Many of us are there. Then we drive in 2wd low and still have fun. And if we break something, we twist a knob post-recovery and are on our way.

Here’s me flexing Sunday morning before heading home.
View attachment 3149882

I wanted to make sure I got all the life out of them before installing the arms in my garage. It was that kind of weekend and it is time.
I have heard of bent lower control arms. I've seen a few mild cases. I've never seen a banana. Congrats on being the first for my eyes!

He makes fair points. But...there will come a day when you have built your truck to a point that AWD/4WD makes many trails boring. Many of us are there. Then we drive in 2wd low and still have fun. And if we break something, we twist a knob post-recovery and are on our way.

This. Same reason I drive blindfolded, too.

View attachment 3149283
View attachment 3149284
View attachment 3149288

View attachment 3149286
View attachment 3149287
Ouch- looks like transmission fluid if that’s red spots I see on the prop shaft.

Edit: it looks like you have some kind of fancy red painted prop shaft. That’s why I’m seeing red spots- 😳

If it is TC fluid- that’s a lot of oil- I’d be interested at how much you get to drain out- that you want to check before driving again

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom