1" wheel spacers issue LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see @RyanR received comparible lug nuts with his 1” BORA spacers. But ive heard of other users modifying their lugs to make the 1” Boras fit. Can anyone else share their experience?

The pockets on the hub surface of the 2013+ wheels is longer and skinnier than the 2008 which is more square. The 2008 pockets can fit the whole nut if it protrudes from the spacer. The 2013 pockets will accommodate the stud poking out, but will NOT sit flush if the nut protrudes from the face of the spacer. I briefly had some other brand 1+ spacers and the lug nuts for the spacers were much thicker than the BORAs and protruded about 2mm above the surface of the spacer. I put a wheel on, torqued it down and it made some odd groaning as I did so. I took it off and found the pattern of the lug nuts stamped about 1mm deep into the alloy of the wheel. Further inspection revealed that the lug nuts where the ONLY thing making contact with the wheel so that would have been some snapped lugs and disaster waiting to happen.

…received comparible lug nuts with his 1” BORA spacers…
Oops, I meant to say compatible* lug nuts.

Thanks for the additional details @RyanR. Just to confirm: the lugs provided with your 1” BORA spacers required no modification to properly seat your 2013 OE wheels, right?

I see @RyanR received comparible lug nuts with his 1” BORA spacers. But ive heard of other users modifying their lugs to make the 1” Boras fit. Can anyone else share their experience?
The pockets on the hub surface of the 2013+ wheels is longer and skinnier than the 2008 which is more square. The 2008 pockets can fit the whole nut if it protrudes from the spacer. The 2013 pockets will accommodate the stud poking out, but will NOT sit flush if the nut protrudes from the face of the spacer. I briefly had some other brand 1+ spacers and the lug nuts for the spacers were much thicker than the BORAs and protruded about 2mm above the surface of the spacer. I put a wheel on, torqued it down and it made some odd groaning as I did so. I took it off and found the pattern of the lug nuts stamped about 1mm deep into the alloy of the wheel. Further inspection revealed that the lug nuts where the ONLY thing making contact with the wheel so that would have been some snapped lugs and disaster waiting to happen.
The 2008-2011 ones, if they’re similar to mine, have pockets machined, but protruding bolts from my 3/4” spacers will not fit in the pockets…the pockets are not as large as what you see on rock warrior wheels. They also aren’t centered. Which means your protruding lugs will leave witness marks as they contact your alloy wheel.

I used a drill to sort of machine out a little bit of material on the edges of the pockets to make the 3/4” spacers work with them. Not the most elegant solution, but it seems to work.

Was it ever disclosed what brand spacers @Fasternfaster (OP) was using? I’d like to know whether 1” BORA spacers are compatible with 2013-15 OEM LX570 wheels.

I run 3/4" bora spacers on my 2016 and they fit with the LC OEM wheels.

From what RyanR said .. they will also fit with your 2015 LX570 OEM wheels as the nut does not protrude. The stud protrudes a little but there are pockets in the wheel that allow for the clearance.

On the LC the spacer is there to clear the KDSS bracket in the front driver side wheel well when running 34" tires.

The LX doesn't have this KDSS issue.

Last edited:
Oops, I meant to say compatible* lug nuts.

Thanks for the additional details @RyanR. Just to confirm: the lugs provided with your 1” BORA spacers required no modification to properly seat your 2013 OE wheels, right?
Correct, the lug nuts that came with my BORA's sit below the mating surface of the spacers. The stud protrudes a bit but fits right into the pockets of the 2013+ wheels, no witness marks inside the pockets.

My (now) spare pictured here is the first wheel I tried to install with the other spacers. You can see the difference in shape of the pockets vs the 08 style wheels. And if you look super closely you can see the divots pressed into the metal from the edges of the lug nuts.

2013LX wheel.jpg

The 2008-2011 ones, if they’re similar to mine, have pockets machined, but protruding bolts from my 3/4” spacers will not fit in the pockets…the pockets are not as large as what you see on rock warrior wheels. They also aren’t centered. Which means your protruding lugs will leave witness marks as they contact your alloy wheel.

I used a drill to sort of machine out a little bit of material on the edges of the pockets to make the 3/4” spacers work with them. Not the most elegant solution, but it seems to work.

Interesting, I did not run into this issue on my 2008 LX with 3/4" spacers. Are you running BORA's or another brand? My previous 3/4" BORA's came with a low profile lug nut that was tapered at the top. The lugs that came with my current 1" spacers are not tapered. I wonder if it was a change of lug nut that caused the interference?

Interesting, I did not run into this issue on my 2008 LX with 3/4" spacers. Are you running BORA's or another brand? My previous 3/4" BORA's came with a low profile lug nut that was tapered at the top. The lugs that came with my current 1" spacers are not tapered. I wonder if it was a change of lug nut that caused the interference?
Bora.

The pockets on the wheels are not machines precisely where the lugs that protrude from the spacers end up resting.

In your picture if you look closely, the pockets are not “centered” where the lug nuts rest. I had to remove a bit of material in the vicinity of the marked up photo attached.

9BC9EE7B-B7DE-468D-A31E-7DC5C1EB7129.jpeg

Bora.

The pockets on the wheels are not machines precisely where the lugs that protrude from the spacers end up resting.

In your picture if you look closely, the pockets are not “centered” where the lug nuts rest. I had to remove a bit of material in the vicinity of the marked up photo attached.

View attachment 3147086

Have 1” Bora spacers with my 2014 OEM 20” LX 570 wheels - can confirm that the stock lugs will protrude beyond the surface of the spacers, and that the “pockets” inside the wheels are not in the correct position to “absorb” those lugs, which is what is required to ensure a flush fitment between wheel and spacer.

You either need to trim off the excess of your stock lugs or drill out a larger “pocket” inside the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom