Builds 71 Forty build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^There’s a lot of good harness tape out there, but that ain’t it. I wouldn’t bother with hunting down ‘yoga tape either.
Probably not the brand I used, don't remember. But I did choose high temp rated and it was good stuff, not the crappy $.69/roll that falls off after a year. When I build engine injection harnesses I use the cloth type.

If you don't understand why, there's no explaining it.

One major piece of “the formula” landed a few hours ago. Thanks @lcwizard for the outstanding products you make sir.

View attachment 2966014

View attachment 2966015
Trying to decide if I should hit the easy button and just 4plus a tire carrier onto my '71. A couple Q's for someone who has probably touched a dozen or so of these in different configurations.

Can you open the left barn door without opening the tire carrier?

Considering ONLY view out the back, do you prefer the tire carrier on the left or right? Does it matter? I will have a 37" tire hanging on it, it may just be so big it doesn't matter what side its on....

Trying to decide if I should hit the easy button and just 4plus a tire carrier onto my '71. A couple Q's for someone who has probably touched a dozen or so of these in different configurations.

Can you open the left barn door without opening the tire carrier?

Considering ONLY view out the back, do you prefer the tire carrier on the left or right? Does it matter? I will have a 37" tire hanging on it, it may just be so big it doesn't matter what side its on....

It will handle a 37 but you won’t be opening the driver 1/2 door. It’s close with a 33

For visibility behind the driver would be best

Joseph and I were talking the other day. Said he had a leak and the truck has a pretty severe lean to the passenger side.

I picked it up after lunch. Beauty.
IMG_9232.jpeg
IMG_9233.jpeg
IMG_9234.jpeg

I did a full once over. Adjust the belts. The throttle cable. Dusted it off. All systems go under here.
IMG_9235.jpeg

Cowboy said she was happy the Scheel-Mann’s were back
IMG_9236.jpeg

To address the lean I got the CCOT lowering block.
IMG_9237.jpeg

IMG_9237.jpeg
IMG_9238.jpeg
IMG_9239.jpeg

Before it had a 1” lean. Now it’s 1/4”. Better.
IMG_9241.jpeg

The leak was the rear output of the Tcase. I put a new seal in and RTVed the flange and stuffed it back. Only to discover the fill plug was stripped out. I had to use my excellent welding skills to get it off

View attachment 3587172
The leak was the rear output of the Tcase. I put a new seal in and RTVed the flange and stuffed it back. Only to discover the fill plug was stripped out. I had to use my excellent welding skills to get it off
Ah hah, that's how to remove a stripped transfer bolt. I ran into this problem the other day and gave up the fight for another day. I will have to use this weld on nut method. Thank you for all your tips on how to get sh*% done. Beautiful build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom