LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installer came today, and after running a wire to the CC3 harness, said:

"Do you want to reuse the factory camera - I tested in on my screen and image is fine". He noted he found a reverse trigger wire in the camera harness, tapped it and "voila".

Call me surprised - what about the 6V camera (HU is 12V)?

He installed a 12V -> 6V converter somewhere near the CC3, and then tapped the black/red wire in the camera harness, which is easily accessed in the tyre tools storage area.

The only issue - the CC3 has these guidelines which I can't find out how to remove. There's a "Cam REC" app which shows the image without the lines...

(Edited - Dan from T'eyes helped out with solution:

Settings - factory settings - 168 - vehicle agreement - reverse lines - turn OFF)

Clear picture of the rear harness, yellow wire tapped into red/black wire (before being taped up).
View attachment 3131298

And a poor picture - car was outside in the sun - showing guidelines.
View attachment 3131299
If possible could you please get a picture of the camera installation?

If possible could you please get a picture of the camera installation?

Sure - it's the factory camera. You'll find the wiring diagram here
PXL_20221011_031407060[1].jpg

Does anyone know what is the A1 - AMP-POW Amplifier control wire? That wire is not connected to anything. - CC3 Wiring Diagram - https://teyes.com/pages/cc3-wiring-diagram
I'm trying to figure out a way to reduce the volume of the head unit. Just one or two bars on the android unit is too much output from the amplifier.

1666144075772.png

Hi guys,

New to the post. I've installed "2" CC3's in Lx470's. They both had serious install difficulties, but the basic functions, mainly with the "car play" feature were successful.

I recently purchased an 04 Cruiser, and ordered my 3rd CC3 for install.

After eleven hours of issues. I packed it back up in the box....Frustrated and not sure what to do...

At first, the AC main button (blue to green) would not turn on...but..... then it did after hours of un- plugging and re-plugging in various parts of the wiring harness.

The issue I can't figure out is the volume knob level on the factory lower unit can't be adjusted. It can be turned off and on, but not turned down. It's at 100% and creates a constant hiss through the speakers. The Teyes volume when turned above 5 or 6 becomes super loud.

What's crazy is I didn't have this issue on either of the LX installs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris, Birmingham

Hi guys,

New to the post. I've installed "2" CC3's in Lx470's. They both had serious install difficulties, but the basic functions, mainly with the "car play" feature were successful.

After eleven hours of issues. I packed it back up in the box....Frustrated and not sure what to do...

At first, the AC main button (blue to green) would not turn on...but..... then it did after hours of un- plugging and re-plugging in various parts of the wiring harness.

The issue I can't figure out is the volume knob level on the factory lower unit can't be adjusted. It can be turned off and on, but not turned down. It's at 100% and creates a constant hiss through the speakers. The Teyes volume when turned above 5 or 6 becomes super loud.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris, Birmingham

The volume knob and hiss are a pretty common issue. Very few have found any resolution. I've had mine for several months in my 04 100 series and haven't had any luck fixing it.

Teyes hasn't been very helpful and now have a disclaimer on their website.

What year is yours again?
Any success stories for ‘03’s.

Yes to the '03 question, but LX. It was pretty simple to get everything working, just time-consuming. I don't have any experience with the big Highlanders :flipoff2:

For those who have replaced the rearview camera, did you remove the original camera and mount the new one in that spot? If so, how did you mount it? Thanks

Hi guys,

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris, Birmingham
I had the same issue in my 06 LC. I tried to work with Teyes, as has @Otter. Been trying to find a resolution for months. I’m not even sure Teyes understands that the issue is with the control of the volume knob.

Ultimately, I’ve sent it back and am waiting for a refund. Teyes has been responsive and supportive so far, just hasn’t had an answer for the problem. I’m expecting he’ll take care of refunding me when the unit gets back to him and I’m not complaining about his customer service. But, it’s a bummer that it hasn’t worked out.

Help! I'm in over my head. Anyone have clear plug and wires pictures?

Last edited:
07 LX470 here - Well I got the wires connected (I think) and got the unit working. Still some tinkering and dialing in are needed. The steering wheel controls work, but the factory volume knob doesn't. If you see anything wrong with this wiring let me know. If I get everything to working order I can do a write-up. As far as sound goes, the sound isn't clean and sounds distorted with static when the volume is cracked 60%+ not sure what the cause is or if it is related to the "hiss" people have reported

wires-2.png

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps - a photo showing plugs used (and spares)

Update: The sound is working great now, the factory volume knob working as well, no hiss. Only thing that isn't working is A/C. Going to try the Factory Reset tomorrow and report back.

What I did:
  1. Getting factory volume knob to work: there are 3 "female" connectors that I did not connect back to the factory bottom "tape player." Connected them and the factory volume knob is working.
  2. Hissing fix: I messed with the Sound settings and the Power Conditioning settings. By default, it is set to max which is causing the unit to send full power to the speakers all the time. Adjust the Power Condition down to 30 (halfway) - 45 and it helped rid the distortion. There is an "Amp" toggle, turn it on.

wires3.jpg

powerconditioning.jpg

soundsettings.jpg

Update: The sound is working great now, the factory volume knob working as well, no hiss. Only thing that isn't working is A/C. Going to try the Factory Reset tomorrow and report back.

What I did:
  1. Getting factory volume knob to work: there are 3 "female" connectors that I did not connect back to the factory bottom "tape player." Connected them and the factory volume knob is working.

which "female" connectors? Did you connect the factory female plugs that originally went into the tape deck to the Teyes harness adapter? Or did you plug the Teyes harness adapter female plugs into the tape deck? Your photo looks like the Teyes plugs were connected to the deck.

Update: I got the AC finally working. There is one last plug from the provided harness (the one with only 4 green wires) that I plugged into one of the factory plugs (one of the 3 that you pull out of the factory nav, these are the three plugs at the top most when looking from the back). Then, I made sure the CanBUS setting was correct as others pointed out. Then, turned off the ignition and started the car. The CC3 unit will shut off and boot when you shut off the engine and start the car -- this did the trick to "sync" and got the AC working!

I may be lucky but EVERYTHING is working great - no hiss and sounds amazing, factory volume knob works, tuning knob works, steering wheel buttons work, AC works!

I made a video taking you through all the plugs - its better than pictures. In the video, where I threw a "thumbs up" in video - those connectors from the TEYES harness are not meant to be connected. Note that I choose not to connect the "yellow" RCA camera in - don't want to deal with splicing wires, so mine is not hooked up to the factory backup camera. I'll look into that later perhaps.

lastplug.jpg

Last edited:
which "female" connectors? Did you connect the factory female plugs that originally went into the tape deck to the Teyes harness adapter? Or did you plug the Teyes harness adapter female plugs into the tape deck? Your photo looks like the Teyes plugs were connected to the deck.
Otter - check out my video above for a clear answer to your question

Update: I got the AC finally working. There is one last plug from the provided harness (the one with only 4 green wires) that I plugged into one of the factory plugs (one of the 3 that you pull out of the factory nav, these are the three plugs at the top most when looking from the back). Then, I made sure the CanBUS setting was correct as others pointed out. Then, turned off the ignition and started the car. The CC3 unit will shut off and boot when you shut off the engine and start the car -- this did the trick to "sync" and got the AC working!

I may be lucky but EVERYTHING is working great - no hiss and sounds amazing, factory volume knob works, tuning knob works, steering wheel buttons work, AC works!

I made a video taking you through all the plugs - its better than pictures. In the video, where I threw a "thumbs up" video - those connects are not meant to be connected.

View attachment 3154788

Yeah, that's exactly how mine is hooked up. No volume knob and hiss is present.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom