INSANE Annoying Buzz in 2013 LX - SOLVED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to post this so I can hopefully help someone avoid the madness I just endured. My 2013 LX570 start producing a modulating high frequency buzz. It sounded to my ears like a bad capacitor or something as it was very high frequency and extremely hard to pinpoint. It would be loud, then I would turn my head 2 degrees and it would disappear. I would think I had determined it was coming from the cool box and then I'd open it up and nothing. I was fully ready to tear the dash apart and go deep as it was super annoying and beyond the "just ignore it" volume.

Then I had to retrieve my three year old's socks from where he had throw them under the drivers seat. And the buzz got REALLY noticeable. Which was crazy because when I put my head down near the front of the seat, side of the seat, on top of the seat... the sound completely disappeared.

Turns out the carpet sections under the drivers seat had been bunched up exposing the amplifier. With the carpet pulled back the amplifier was now sucking in dried leafs and causing this annoying buzz. A little clean up and compressed air later things are all good and buzz free.

There is a plastic arc that snaps onto the center console and helps hold the carpet down over the amp that had popped free. I suspect this was acting as a wave guide and channeling the sound upwards making it extra difficult to pin point.

Glad it was a super simple fix but it drove me absolutely crazy for days!!

Reads like a horror story but with a good ending. LX with a side of tinnitus.

This is probably good PSA to check and clean the area around the ML amp. I know others that have lost their ML amp, probably due to cooling fan issues and dirt/debris

Awesome to hear it was an easy fix and you didn't go crazy!

Did you remove the seat to address?

I have what sounds like a quarter rolling around somewhere in my LX570 that is driving me crazy. I only hear it when I turn left, but it's nearly every single time I turn left. Was considering pulling the seat as I can't seem to reach underneath it very well, even when it's raised all the way up. Last time I tried to retrieve chapstick from under the seat, I pulled out some junk from the PO. I figure there's a lot more underneath the front seats and I should just pull them and do it properly.

Awesome to hear it was an easy fix and you didn't go crazy!

Did you remove the seat to address?

I have what sounds like a quarter rolling around somewhere in my LX570 that is driving me crazy. I only hear it when I turn left, but it's nearly every single time I turn left. Was considering pulling the seat as I can't seem to reach underneath it very well, even when it's raised all the way up. Last time I tried to retrieve chapstick from under the seat, I pulled out some junk from the PO. I figure there's a lot more underneath the front seats and I should just pull them and do it properly.

Did not have to remove the seat, was able to access/clean everything just by sliding and tilting it to the forward-most position. It was a bit tight and awkward but doable.

Reads like a horror story but with a good ending. LX with a side of tinnitus.

This is probably good PSA to check and clean the area around the ML amp. I know others that have lost their ML amp, probably due to cooling fan issues and dirt/debris

Was driving me INSANE!!! Tinnitus is a bang on analogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom