AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, I am a proud owner of the seat delete kit. Tell your friends to get their own damn land cruiser, remove your seats, and enjoy the endless space.

Shop Update time! We are pushing hard to add manufacturing capacity here at Air Down Gear Up, doing everything we can to bring lead times down! We have been heavily investing in capital equipment, optimizing our operations, increasing inventory on hand and are currently in the process of hiring to improve lead times.

By far the most exciting piece of all of this is the new CNC we brought into the ADGU shop recently. This represents a colossal upgrade to our previous setup which is now dedicated to all of our metal work, further optimizing our work flow. The new CNC allows drastically faster throughput of parts, so we can spend more time packaging and getting you guys your systems!

We've also added a second Markforged 3D printer, adding further parts capacity to keep up with the new CNC. We keep both of our printers pretty busy turning out parts! It's very satisfying to walk into the shop in the morning to new parts that have been printed overnight.

It's been through the support of all our wonderful customers that we have been able to keep growing, we will forever be grateful to the 'Mud crowd and all our fellow enthusiasts!

20220524_112249 (1).jpg
20220615_075800.jpg
20220615_075918.jpg
20220615_075842.jpg

Shop Update time! We are pushing hard to add manufacturing capacity here at Air Down Gear Up, doing everything we can to bring lead times down! We have been heavily investing in capital equipment, optimizing our operations, increasing inventory on hand and are currently in the process of hiring to improve lead times.

By far the most exciting piece of all of this is the new CNC we brought into the ADGU shop recently. This represents a colossal upgrade to our previous setup which is now dedicated to all of our metal work, further optimizing our work flow. The new CNC allows drastically faster throughput of parts, so we can spend more time packaging and getting you guys your systems!

We've also added a second Markforged 3D printer, adding further parts capacity to keep up with the new CNC. We keep both of our printers pretty busy turning out parts! It's very satisfying to walk into the shop in the morning to new parts that have been printed overnight.

It's been through the support of all our wonderful customers that we have been able to keep growing, we will forever be grateful to the 'Mud crowd and all our fellow enthusiasts!

View attachment 3035539View attachment 3035540View attachment 3035541View attachment 3035542
well done!

Installed a premier package this week and added carpet this weekend. Awesome product!

View attachment 3062039
View attachment 3062040
That first picture with the bare birch is very likely the best shot I've ever seen somebody take of that material. Not everyone is going for that high-contrast natural wood product look, but that right there is why some people love it. Natural grain and a great semi-gloss finish.

And then you go and post an awesome carpet shot of the same thing. Beautiful. We need to hire you for product photos or something. Nice work, thank you very much for sharing!

-Andy

That first picture with the bare birch is very likely the best shot I've ever seen somebody take of that material. Not everyone is going for that high-contrast natural wood product look, but that right there is why some people love it. Natural grain and a great semi-gloss finish.

And then you go and post an awesome carpet shot of the same thing. Beautiful. We need to hire you for product photos or something. Nice work, thank you very much for sharing!

-Andy

Shot on iPhone 13 … :rofl:

I actually love the bare birch. I prefer it over the carpet, but vehicle break in and theft is so rampant up here I wanted it to look as inconspicuous as possible when buttoned up.

Shot on iPhone 13 … :rofl:

I actually love the bare birch. I prefer it over the carpet, but vehicle break in and theft is so rampant up here I wanted it to look as inconspicuous as possible when buttoned up.

Looks great...

Can I ask which cargo net that is up there attached to your handles?

Hands down, the best looking drawer system available. I'll gladly pay the $2k+ for it, as soon as I get my lc100.
Thanks for the kind words! We look forward to getting you a system!

We were mocking up another Kitchen in the ADGU 100 Series Landcruiser and it's just so beautiful we felt compelled to share some pics! This is becoming a very popular offering for us.

20220824_153843.jpg

20220824_152756.jpg

Just discovered this, I too am a proud owner of the drawer system premier with sleeper. Need to put some type of non slide material on the bare birch though, everything wants to slide around back there :laugh:

How did you go about attaching the carpet? I have a spare roll of relicate leather I am thinking of throwing down on this.

1/4 hd staples and staple gun
3M hi strength 90 spray adhesive

I’ve used it for four camping trips since the install and it’s holding up great.

1/4 hd staples and staple gun
3M hi strength 90 spray adhesive

I’ve used it for four camping trips since the install and it’s holding up great.
Way back when we were first exploring carpet options I had a simple carpet stapled crudely with the cheap staple gun from Home Depot I had laying around the garage. It worked wonderfully. Far better than I expected. Carpeting is time consuming, but very DIY friendly.

We don't offer carpeting anymore, but the last few iterations we performed we used a combo of staples and double sided tape. The double sided tape really helps hold everything tight.

Just discovered this, I too am a proud owner of the drawer system premier with sleeper. Need to put some type of non slide material on the bare birch though, everything wants to slide around back there :laugh:

I used textured paint and it holds up real nice. My only complaint is that I should have left the underside bare. When reaching in, pulling tight packed gear out, it tends to scrape up the knuckles a bit. Has held up good for a few years of dog claws and other crap. I think it was herculiner.

We recently (finally!) were able to put together a detailed video instruction for assembling and installing the Air Down Gear Up drawer and sleeper system in a Landcruiser. This particular install was a 200 Series, but all of the landcruiser systems are built/installed the same, with some minor differences in anchoring. The video is certainly not going to be the most entertaining thing you've ever watched, but provides very in depth, detailed instructions for getting your system set up!

love my setup, next time I’m out camping I need to do a little “cribs edition” of my rig to show how well the ADGU integrates with my Dissent Off-road bumper setup.

Thanks for getting me settled guys

love my setup, next time I’m out camping I need to do a little “cribs edition” of my rig to show how well the ADGU integrates with my Dissent Off-road bumper setup.

Thanks for getting me settled guys

2b200fcba8c0ba7a949b853080e45d66.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom