What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just woke up my sbc sfter sitting 15yrs this spring. Keep an eye on the oil and other fluids. Motor oils have detergents in them, so Increase oil change intervals. I changed mine after about 1k miles. Get some heat in the engine, try to make longer trips. Moisture maybe coming from the engine and collecting in the exhaust and needs to evaporate. Moisture in the air will contribute too. If your concerned do a compression test.

Last edited:
The water could just be condensation.
@Jackson Hanes

Looks like condensation. But, does your oil look ok? Any discoloration IE milky? You loosing any coolant? Running hot?

Check your PCV too, if it’s plugged/non functioning you could get some vapor seeping through your valve cover. Easy fix and worth inspection.

Installed a restored steering wheel from @Birdhead courtesy of @Brost. Seems to have resolved the problem with the cancel feature on the turning indicator which would only cancel in one direction. Waiting for a full-blown test drive to verify.

10.18.2022.Restored Steering Wheel.1.jpg

10.18.2022.Restored Steering Wheel.2.jpg

10.18.2022.Restored Steering Wheel.3.jpg

The PO had put it in a barn 21-22 years ago. Have only had the cruiser for about 6 months.

I agree I need to get this thing on the road and drive it to figure out what's wrong/if anything is amiss.

Did you check to see if the PCV was frozen shut? Any blow by would not take the normal path thru the PCV into the intake manifold.

Added more gas however my wife got a hybrid highlander before summer so any poor fuel economy is negated because of my wife’s better than reported mpg … it makes me feel good so I’m going with that :)

My truck is still a FSP :meh:

Ohhhh and since my last post here my truck is getting one step closer to making another donation to the “Iron Oxide land cruiser museum”

Winters have been harsh up here in NY and ME

Added more gas however my wife got a hybrid highlander before summer so any poor fuel economy is negated because of my wife’s better than reported mpg … it makes me feel good so I’m going with that :)

My truck is still a FSP :meh:

Ohhhh and since my last post here my truck is getting one step closer to making another donation to the “Iron Oxide land cruiser museum”

Winters have been harsh up here in NY and ME
Tried to buy my wife a hybrid highlander but the wait and add on above msrp, we decided gas was fine with us. At least my big block Chevelle is hybrid, burns gas and rubber.

Tried to buy my wife a hybrid highlander but the wait and add on above msrp, we decided gas was fine with us. At least my big block Chevelle is hybrid, burns gas and rubber.

396 or “Other”….??!!

396 or “Other”….??!!
454 with some slight internal dimension changes. Never had it on a dyno but based on other builds with same/similar parts that I copied, I should be in the 600ish hp range. Hence, why I’m content with a slow cruiser….
It’s not pretty but it is fast as….. Whenever our house sells and we find a new place I’ll start the bodywork on it.
93BF24B7-6461-4F47-866F-3DB108CC75ED.jpeg
DD89C33B-4FC2-43C3-8E1E-1E08E26F7923.jpeg
D8633DFD-6991-49D2-B036-14E147809FB0.jpeg

BEBEEDDF-9093-432E-AC27-FD4B6AAC8AD3.jpeg

Nice. 🆒👈😎. The 454 is such a versatile platform. GM had a nice lineup of 454 based crate engines that were making impressive numbers on pump gas…Not sure what direction they’ve gone now. It’s been years since I was meandering down the High HP highway. Although, I almost jumped on a 396 implant in a 69 Camaro a couple of years back. No room at the stable ended my curiosity.. Muncie? 12bolt?

454 with some slight internal dimension changes. Never had it on a dyno but based on other builds with same/similar parts that I copied, I should be in the 600ish hp range. Hence, why I’m content with a slow cruiser….
It’s not pretty but it is fast as….. Whenever our house sells and we find a new place I’ll start the bodywork on it.

Nice. 🆒👈😎. The 454 is such a versatile platform. GM had a nice lineup of 454 based crate engines that were making impressive numbers on pump gas…Not sure what direction they’ve gone now. It’s been years since I was meandering down the High HP highway. Although, I almost jumped on a 396 implant in a 69 Camaro a couple of years back. No room at the stable ended my curiosity.. Muncie? 12bolt?
Muncie (wide ratio m20) and the stock 10 bolt rear but updated gears, posi, axles and a girdle cover. I have absolutely zero traction so not too worried about braking the 10 bolt.
Car started as a 307 and powerglide, 4 wheel drums, bench seat and column shift. Now buckets, 4 speed, 4 wheel manual disc brakes from a 2000 corvette Z06, fully adjustable front suspension setup. I plan to autocross with it eventually but my work schedule and other life stuff hasn’t allowed that yet. Now I just drive it like an a$$ and do burnouts and high speed corners everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom