White-Knuckle Offroad Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone experienced contact between the very front of the slider and the body pinchweld at the back of the wheel well at the front of the rocker? I’ve had mine on several months but noticed a noise when I hit a pretty good bump and could feel a slight vibration by my left foot . I’m pretty sure it’s the slider and body making contact. Pretty sure I can correct it , they look like I installed em as they should be . Just checking to see if anyone else has had this happen

I haven't had an issue with that yet. I would loosen the bolts and try moving them to the back a bit. Might give you a bit of clearance with the pinch weld.

If it's still making contact you can bend that pinch weld pretty easily with a dead blow.

I haven't had an issue with that yet. I would loosen the bolts and try moving them to the back a bit. Might give you a bit of clearance with the pinch weld.

If it's still making contact you can bend that pinch weld pretty easily with a dead blow.
. Yea thanks that’s the plan

I had to whack my pinch weld a couple times to stop the contact.

I was able to move em back a couple inches,they clear the pinch welds now..just barely but they do clear

Ordered a set of sliders for my FJ60 the other week. Called to ask some questions to figure out if I should get the 10 degree or 20 degree and the lady on the phone (can't remember her name) was super helpful and the buying process was smooth. Will report back with some pictures once they arrive and I install them. Ordered them with rear dimpled plating, 10 degrees, DOM, and raw. Gonna coat them with truck bed liner or raptor liner.

I believe I have what you ordered (thinking the 10deg is the step friendly version).

You will need friction tape for the step tube area.

Also, be careful on slider w/o "full coverage step" for entrapment of foot while egress/ingress. This could make for a trip to the orthopedic surgeon at the worst.

Other than that....a satisfied customer.

That's not my story and I'm not sticking to it😎

Guys when you trimmed the mudflaps... how did you do it? Uninstall mudflap first and install sliders, then try reinstalling mudflap and see what interferes?

Guys when you trimmed the mudflaps... how did you do it? Uninstall mudflap first and install sliders, then try reinstalling mudflap and see what interferes?
Yes. I outlined on the flap and then slowly opened the hole as needed with a dremel. I posted a pic on a thread started about powder coating. It fits great with the relief, no bulging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom