MIGHTY-MAC X Logo in Primer.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this isn't helpful, but I saw this today....
download.jpg

So I did some more digging into my graphics and went through all those listings in the Hartford CT area and found a number for the guy listing it. Called him and unfotunately he didn't have any pictures.

I have been out of the garage lately (getting married) and distracted from my project. I did though see some resemblance of the rear graphics that were "over the fenders" in the rear. They are actually on the hard top. I have yet to sand the top layer of paint away to uncover it but will post up what I find. I will get back on working on the .eps file and make it available to whom ever wants it.

Thanks for all your curiosity. Somewhere there has to be pictures of another!

-Jeff

Well I made some headway. I contacted Oaklane on the exploring NH website and they were able to dig up some picts of their Mighty Mac X before they painted it. You can't see all the decals but it gives me an idea of what all was on it. Man lots of patches of white! I still wish I had a side shot of what is above the rear fender and what is on the back ambulance doors.

So for the most part I can see why people have painted over this stuff, a little too retro than what I like.

Keep your eyes open for anymore leads.

Thanks all!

-Jeff
Mighty Mac_1.jpg
Mighty Mac_2.jpg

Four years since this was posted, but... I bought a 1977 Land Cruiser Mighty Mac new. It came with special tires, the fancy paint job with Mighty mac scrolled on the hood, and some chrome features.

Four years since this was posted, but... I bought a 1977 Land Cruiser Mighty Mac new. It came with special tires, the fancy paint job with Mighty mac scrolled on the hood, and some chrome features.

Wow! You have any pictures? I would love to see some better ones.

Jeff

This is cool!

Never knew of a company or product with that name, sooooo got by me, possibly somebody's home made decal thingy

Nine years later....
Look what I scored in NH today...came with a rusty frame and Aluminum tub.no history...
If anyone has uncovered more info, do tell!
View attachment 3141465View attachment 3141466
That's too cool you found another one! I really wish I wouldn't have destroyed mine (was young and stupid at the time). Please preserve this baby, if it was a sky blue hood I would be hitting you up for it. The only info I was able to get was the pictures I posted above from someone in NH I believe. I am guessing it was a weird dealer graphics package. Mine had the sanded adhesive all mixed up in the paint that the previous owner did, was a nightmare to get off and try to preserve the original Sky Blue.

Right on...this one will hang on the shop wall for a bit. Decal definitely made for the 40 hood, no one knows what it means..I have a few hypotheses, but no evidence...

Is @JohnnyC still around? He used to be my go-to resource for obscure Cruiser lore.

some other examples of promotional trucks from Toyota and dealers to name a few:
Yamahauler 75-79ish as well as AMA
Baja Cruiser early 70's
Big Buck trucks 70's

BTW Dealers did alot of their own promoting in the early years... commercials included

Think I posted these before on mud

IMHO Mighty-Mac would just be another... since it seems at least one is from the new england area and mighty-mac was located in mass it seems they did a promotional through some dealers... like contests... such as yamaha did with toyota with the yamahauler or big buck trucks (i dont think the BB were all that different from regular trucks however... just addons)

If I run across any ads i'll post them here

if i get time ill post some examples of the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom