Paint Job Costs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To add to this for future researchers, I was quoted $15k for a doors off respray in Va Beach. I've already had rust repaired and there are minor dings/dents.

To add to this for future researchers, I was quoted $15k for a doors off respray in Va Beach. I've already had rust repaired and there are minor dings/dents.
Does anyone remember the old Dating Game line on that one? In the butt Bob...

However in the flavor of this thread, I just saw a case where someone came back from down south and their car started smoking and they took it to a shop in the US... apparently the 2 kilos of meth were strapped to the muffler lit on fire...

That was the first credible instance of unwitiing mules I have heard of...for me Tijuana is out

Not US. Amman, Jordan. Roughly 2100 for color change, windows out along with stereo, tune-up, carb rebuild, and paint wheels.

Quoted lots cheaper from other places, but had experience with shop and was part of a trade deal.

Then again 2 week timeline is going on a month this coming week..

Wowza! I got a quote last year in Richmond for $4500 for a door on/glass on job
That's a huge difference and means I should get more quotes haha. I should've added to my initial post that it was a complete disassemble of the doors and windows out as well.

I'm willing to disassemble as much as possible ( remove glass, strip the doors and body down) if it means that I can save that much money.

We should really be including hourly rates. Assuming material cost is a constant (~$2K?), the hourly rate determines the cost of the job. Locally I've found rates of $74, $85, $100, and then $60 an hour...

Does anyone remember the old Dating Game line on that one? In the butt Bob...

However in the flavor of this thread, I just saw a case where someone came back from down south and their car started smoking and they took it to a shop in the US... apparently the 2 kilos of meth were strapped to the muffler lit on fire...

That was the first credible instance of unwitiing mules I have heard of...for me Tijuana is out

Lol, that sounds like a boomer fairy tale.. Even narcotraffickers know that exhaust systems heat up, and I can't understand why anyone would strap 100-200K worth of product to a stranger's car without a clear plan to retrieve it.

That's a huge difference and means I should get more quotes haha. I should've added to my initial post that it was a complete disassemble of the doors and windows out as well.

I'm willing to disassemble as much as possible ( remove glass, strip the doors and body down) if it means that I can save that much money.
Yeah, yours was probably higher quality job/ nicer paint, mine was just a quick curious call I made to a local auto paint shop

Do you plan to keep the truck and wheel it until the end of time? Not worried about re-sale? Intend on actually driving it like it was truly designed to?..

Do the rust repair with metal patches, short strand fiberglass, fill the off spots, high build primer the parts you need to and sand it all down to rough it up. Tape it all up and...

Raptor liner the entire truck.

You can tint Raptor liner any color you want and can get 16 bottles for under $1k. 4 coats with the upol spray gun @ 40 - 70 psi, 1hr between coats, done. If you damage a panel wheeling, do the repairs and do a touch up coat. Its UV resistant and super durable.

It will encapsulate the entire rig like your human body wearing a spandex suit. Rocks will bounce off it. You will never cringe at another branch dragging down the length of your rig again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom