Triad area - or NC in general - *body* shop... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought that they were in California. Interesting.
I did too.
Found this…
Did Jonathan Ward Sell TLC 4x4? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/did-jonathan-ward-sell-tlc-4x4.1290922/

When I had the seats in my 100 replaced I asked about references and the leather guy said they do work for “TLC, that cruiser shop down the road”. So I went “down the road” and there it was.
Separately, a friend of mine (not a mud member) stopped by there to inquire about TLC putting his 40 back together.
My friend didn’t drive his 40 as it’s in pieces so no pricing was discussed.
I’m going to stop by there soon and will report back.

Thanks for the leads, guys; both places are a bit over an hour from me, so that's not too bad. I'll call and e-mail first to see if they're interested; hopefully someone will have the time and interest.

Well, I sent a contact to both TLC and Jerry...and I got a response from Jerry in two minutes.

"No, sorry."

That's the full text of the e-mail.

Hopefully TLC will get back in touch with me.

I've (un)fortunately had several experiences with Caliber Collision in Durham. Great work all around, but I don't know if they're in line with what you're looking for.

I've (un)fortunately had several experiences with Caliber Collision in Durham. Great work all around, but I don't know if they're in line with what you're looking for.

I'll give them a call; thank you.

TLC just got back with me, and said that they have a 14-month wait. They didn't actually say that they could work on it...just that they had a long backlog. I'm glad that they have so much work, but I can't wait 14 months for a small repair that could be dangerous if I got into an accident. I mean, I'll table all of the paint repairs and other niceties... I just want the structural part fixed, for now.

Anyone here on the board do bodywork and painting?
I dont need a show paint job, just one solid sheet of paint would be nice. A nice 50/50 job - looks great from 50' or at 50mph.
Or some surface rust, a few rusty bits, primer, and then wrap. I dont know. But Everyone is out a year or more and getting quotes of 9k+ for a paint job! I aint got it, brothers

Anyone here on the board do bodywork and painting?
I dont need a show paint job, just one solid sheet of paint would be nice. A nice 50/50 job - looks great from 50' or at 50mph.
Or some surface rust, a few rusty bits, primer, and then wrap. I dont know. But Everyone is out a year or more and getting quotes of 9k+ for a paint job! I aint got it, brothers
people have had good luck with the $2500 maaco jobs:
if 50' is what you are after, that might be something to consider.

Reactions: HMP
If you go the MAACO route read some reviews of different locations and ask to see some finished product. They are all independent owned/operated and vary wildly in quality. There are some good ones out there but also some not so good ones. There used to be a highly recommended/reviewed one in East GSO.

FWIW the spray I got on hood and fender ~8 years ago has held up great. Damn near match to the moonglow but different angles will show it’s not OE finish. That was the shop in N main in high point by the Walmart.

Long term is the problem with any non quality paint job. Got a hood and roof respray done on my wrx by a less than awesome place - 10 years later it looks like trash. Other panels professionally resprayed prior to those, still look brand new. You get what you pay for.

If you go the MAACO route read some reviews of different locations and ask to see some finished product. They are all independent owned/operated and vary wildly in quality. There are some good ones out there but also some not so good ones. There used to be a highly recommended/reviewed one in East GSO.

FWIW the spray I got on hood and fender ~8 years ago has held up great. Damn near match to the moonglow but different angles will show it’s not OE finish. That was the shop in N main in high point by the Walmart.
I had heard great things about that location years ago. But that was, well, YEARS ago...like 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom