What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After I had installed the front bumper and winch I adjusted the torsion bars due to front end droop. Dropped it off to get an alignment and received a call from them, the rear brake line popped. This is not good. Firestone seems less than enthused to work on it, need to talk to one of their mechanics in the morning for an estimate. If they don't bend me over the barrel I might have them do it. I am running out of time before COTR and worried I can't get this thing where it needs to be in time. SMH

Water pump, timing belt, fan bracket, oil change, surface shield for the frame and underbody. 212,700 miles. Old timing belt was in great condition. Gates water pump had multiple leaks. Too long 12mm we’re loose. O rings were leaking. Fan bracket looked original and had a crunchy bearing.
50D6CDC3-2850-4A32-8809-3C1A62724E7E.jpeg
D578C3BD-E4F0-43F5-80C7-22A5A331960B.jpeg
BCFB3D29-1028-45A4-AE90-A0CC6BF03365.jpeg

Found scrap aluminum at my metal supply shop sold by weight. 1/8” plate and 1/4” aluminum. Purchased Sherpa mounts with their ss hardware and t nuts extrusions. Had to do some tig welding to add more width to give the front more real estate for the roof curve.
I put a white wrap on the roof prior to starting. I think I’ll keep it raw.

View attachment 3119760

View attachment 3119762

View attachment 3119763

View attachment 3119764

View attachment 3119765

Please tell me hope you did the slots. When i did my DIY Prinsu rack i didn’t know how to do that without spending a lot of time drilling two holes then cutting out the slots
+1 how did you make those cuts? Super clean. jigsaw free hand? Thanks for the photos, i'm going to try putting one together too

Is there DIY roof rack thread? Maybe i need to search more

+1 how did you make those cuts? Super clean. jigsaw free hand? Thanks for the photos, i'm going to try putting one together too

I have video and pics of my build I just have to get my butt in gear and do an actual write up or video to upload to YT

Reactions: ls6

If you zoom in on the pics it does look like a jig saw was used. You can get bits for a router that work on aluminum or basically any carbide bit for wood works, with some jigs and straight edges/fences you could basically achieve a redneck cnc. For long straight cuts you could do a drop cut on a table saw or plunge with a circular saw and a straight edge. Load as hell and throws shards so wear you PPE!

If you zoom in on the pics it does look like a jig saw was used. You can get bits for a router that work on aluminum or basically any carbide bit for wood works, with some jigs and straight edges/fences you could basically achieve a redneck cnc. For long straight cuts you could do a drop cut on a table saw or plunge with a circular saw and a straight edge. Load as hell and throws shards so wear you PPE!

Who knew? I love this fantastic idea, but I see yet another trip to my local ER if I were to attempt this. Did you know that ERs will give you a discount if you have multiple visits in a quarter. Ask me how I know. :rofl:

Did you go with OEM timing belt, idlers, WP and seals? Or Aisin parts? Or?
TCKWP298 Gates belt and pump kit with new o rings, tensioner, idlers. FBT-002 Aisin fan bracket. The old gates pump had a plastic pump and the new one was metal so perhaps it was redesigned. ~$410 all in for the parts.
Nice!

Where in OH are you?

Greater Toledo area. Don’t see many 100’s around here.

Nothing overly technical, maintenance wash, steam cleaned the engine, and ceramic coated the windshield.

7AF83F36-ED5E-4BC1-A056-EC7DF1DF7989.jpeg

EB8DBFFE-B801-4512-8072-9C00D79185A3.jpeg

What ceramic did you use for coating the glass?
Adam’s Graphene for glass, way less streaky than all purpose ceramic. It permeates the pores and flashes very quickly, used it on my Mach 1 about a month ago with good results.

Brad

Adam’s Graphene for glass, way less streaky than all purpose ceramic. It permeates the pores and flashes very quickly, used it on my Mach 1 about a month ago with good results.

Brad
I forgot to mention that. I usually find the ceramic gets cloudy or streaks with the glass. Thanks, I will give it a try.

Who knew? I love this fantastic idea, but I see yet another trip to my local ER if I were to attempt this. Did you know that ERs will give you a discount if you have multiple visits in a quarter. Ask me how I know. :rofl:
Drive fast take chances? But yeah general disclaimer that if one doesn’t feel comfortable doing a technique with wood, probably shouldn’t try it on aluminum. Especially with table saws.

Drive fast take chances? But yeah general disclaimer that if one doesn’t feel comfortable doing a technique with wood, probably shouldn’t try it on aluminum. Especially with table saws.Most of us have plenty of spare digits. No worries! If you keep it on ice the surgeon/human mechanic can hook you back up with no problem. And you get points toward the frequent flyer program at the local hospital. #Winning I joke. Please be safe and not an idiot like me.
Safety third. Most of us have plenty of spare digits. The human mechanic aka doctor can hook up back up as long as you put it on ice first. No worries! I joke. Please don't be an idiot like me.

Safety third. Most of us have plenty of spare digits. The human mechanic aka doctor can hook up back up as long as you put it on ice first. No worries! I joke. Please don't be an idiot like me.
Couple years ago a friend cut off his left thumb and index ‘helping’ his neighbor when a circular saw kicked back. He’s a wildland fire fighter which requires 9 digits(if I remember right) the damaged digits were beyond repair so the doc sewed his big toe to replace his thumb…

Couple years ago a friend cut off his left thumb and index ‘helping’ his neighbor when a circular saw kicked back. He’s a wildland fire fighter which requires 9 digits(if I remember right) the damaged digits were beyond repair so the doc sewed his big toe to replace his thumb…
See! Proof positive human mechanics can make it work again. That's brutal! ugh! My toe guts (tendons and some other technical stuff) make my ankle work kinda correctly now so I totally get it. Tell him we owe him some beers for giving us a toe up! 👍

Finally got the two front door speakers replaced. Took a oriole liner than planned with the little one running off to dig holes with the tools. But I think it’s safe to say my speakers were in need of replacing. The rears are going to look the same when I get to them.
751638B4-24EE-4DC8-B55F-3CADFB44B226.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom