SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And now on to my stupid question:

When I remove the panel on the passenger front side to get to the fuse panel there, the large plastic panel is attached to the car by some clips and a wire.
What is the wire for? It actually goes through the panel and looks like you could insert something from the front passenger footwell.
mood lighting!

What phone mount are you using for a 2008-2011??
Pro Clip will make a vehicle specific mount when you order. Works great and custom fit to attach to the trim around the vent. Shipped to me in a couple weeks and I'm very happy with it:

mood lighting!
And now on to my stupid question:

When I remove the panel on the passenger front side to get to the fuse panel there, the large plastic panel is attached to the car by some clips and a wire.
What is the wire for? It actually goes through the panel and looks like you could insert something from the front passenger footwell.

My LX has 2 wires on that panel. One for the footwell lighting and one is the microphone for the glass break sensor.

My LX has 2 wires on that panel. One for the footwell lighting and one is the microphone for the glass break sensor.
Interesting. My LC (2021 Heritage) only has one wire.
Does that mean we didn’t get the glass break sensor?

Interesting. My LC (2021 Heritage) only has one wire.
Does that mean we didn’t get the glass break sensor?
My LX is old, so who knows. You may have a more advanced version that works differently. Or possibly it was a LX only option. I believe the alarm system was a port add on in general on the LX. When i pull the kick panels, you can see the wiring added to the original OEM wiring to install, but as far as i know, this is standard for the "factory" alarm on LXs.

Pro Clip will make a vehicle specific mount when you order. Works great and custom fit to attach to the trim around the vent. Shipped to me in a couple weeks and I'm very happy with it:

That looks good. Do you have any pics? I have an iPhone 11, but I assume it will fit any phone of a similar size? Just don’t want to have to buy a new mount every time I change phones.

That looks good. Do you have any pics? I have an iPhone 11, but I assume it will fit any phone of a similar size? Just don’t want to have to buy a new mount every time I change phones.
Pics are on their website. Just click through to build your phone mount and they'll show you the various options.

Come back with pics and comments if you order these. I am guessing it will be at least a month since it is coming from China.

C853EF64-85CF-493C-97A8-2C7150153200.jpeg
IMG_4960.jpg
IMG_4961.jpg

Got them from China, quality is what you would expect but honestly for $45 and the ease of installation I'm happy with the purchase. Overall they look good and the LC graphic is a nice touch. Didn't take any pictures of the back but they attach with VHB tape and sit flush with the plastic molding. Haven't noticed any noise distortion while using the speakers. Will see how they hold up over time but for now I'm happy with an easy cheap fix rather than replace the whole door panel for a small cosmetic issue.

Are you double rubber floor matting? That is some serious carpet protection!
Lol yeah I had already ordered the husky mats prior to picking it up and didn’t realize they had the OEM mats so figured what the hell why not use both. Especially in the back for the kids. Just one on the drivers side to not kill us.

Whats the easiest way to run a usb c cable to a proclip mount beside the ignition button without using the cigarette port? Can I use something like this? If so which fuse box would I use (doesn't need constant power only when running)

Amazon product ASIN B08RS3Z8M6

Where did the big "what did you pay" thread go?

My SQOD....please help me or feel free to send me hate mail, I DID try the search function. I have a 2020 Heritage. I have just been told by the idiots at Sirius XM that our $86,000 LC is incapable of receiving XM channels above 234. Anyone have any insight here? Please direct me to previous posts.

My SQOD....please help me or feel free to send me hate mail, I DID try the search function. I have a 2020 Heritage. I have just been told by the idiots at Sirius XM that our $86,000 LC is incapable of receiving XM channels above 234. Anyone have any insight here? Please direct me to previous posts.
I wouldn't be surprised. The radio head unit feels like it is from the 1980s. If only toyota would have splurged for Apple Carplay or Android Auto, I would be happy.

Yeah, i can't confirm or deny for the LC, but a quick google makes it look like Toyota definitely had XM systems in their cars up until pretty recently, and i guess XM didn't go above channel 234 for some reason. It looks like newer Toyota/Lexus models have received an updated Sirius tuner that allows the higher channels. But those updates seem to have only coincided with major model refreshes. The LC never got that major model refresh in the US. The Infotainment system in the LC is certainly woefully outdated.

Ok...I'm up. Can someone explain to me the differences in physically regearing the diffs vs just driving around with ECT on and the tranny in S5? I am sure it is a simple explanation but in my head I just can't wrap my head around it.

ECT electronically changes shift points. Regearing physically changes the number of times the axle shafts turn for every revolution of the driveshaft.

ECT electronically changes shift points. Regearing physically changes the number of times the axle shafts turn for every revolution of the driveshaft.
So does the combination of ECT + S5 replace the need to spend a few grand on new gears? I realize everyone's answer is different based on what their goals for the individual rig are. I am simply asking if one could come close with what I have listed instead of opening up the diffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom