RTH: RS3000 Removal/alarm system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
Currently I’m taking my “stock” alarm system out of my 96 LX450. Using this thread here Link. I have the main module out from under the seat. Have the 4 plugs unplugged underneath the kicker panel. I have one of them plugged back into the existing harness and Glass Break module out and unplugged. In the 1st picture is the pic that @firetruck41 took and posted in his thread. He has a module circled. But I don’t see one in my rig. Second pic is what I have.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Port installed option - so they stuck em in a few places I think.

The harness for the LX is different than the LC for some reason - either way glad you found it. Where in PDX are you ?

FWIW I'm currently in the process of modifying the alarm harness to install a modern Viper alarm - so you may want to keep the harness. especially with the rate people are having cars stolen in PDX.

Port installed option - so they stuck em in a few places I think.

The harness for the LX is different than the LC for some reason - either way glad you found it. Where in PDX are you ?

FWIW I'm currently in the process of modifying the alarm harness to install a modern Viper alarm - so you may want to keep the harness. especially with the rate people are having cars stolen in PDX.
Yeah it was pretty easy. I think it had something to do with my LC not starting so that’s why I took mine out.

I’m in North Portland, St. John’s ish area. Yeah I agree. I plan on going aftermarket, because I like having a key fob and I want remote start. If you don’t mind me asking what Viper did you go with? Trying to figure out what I want. And I’m not sure about wiring it up myself…

Let me know if your interested in working on this - plan is to hack the RS3000 harness so it's as much of a plug and play install as I can with no vehicle harness hacking.

Let me know if your interested in working on this - plan is to hack the RS3000 harness so it's as much of a plug and play install as I can with no vehicle harness hacking.
Are you doing remote start too? Id be interested for sure.

Yea it’ll be full remote start as well. Plus it’s a 2 way remote - it’ll page on someone messing with it.

I pulled the old harness for the RS3000 and started tracing wires and I think I have my head around it pretty well. I’ll draw up the new wiring diagram this week if I get time.

Yea it’ll be full remote start as well. Plus it’s a 2 way remote - it’ll page on someone messing with it.

I pulled the old harness for the RS3000 and started tracing wires and I think I have my head around it pretty well. I’ll draw up the new wiring diagram this week if I get time.
I think that Viper is close to that one I posted a link to above. Might help out, im not good with wiring yet. I'd be very invested. You doing a write up or anything?

That’d be great! Does that system do remote start? Or do you need to add another module? I couldn’t REALLY tell from the website.
Does remote start and 2 way comms with the keychain so it’ll alert you when someone is messing with your rig.

I dived into the wiring diagram for my ‘97 and made some progress. I ordered the right terminals to crimp up the custom harness and took the liberty of ordering enough for two harnesses….

I’ll keep you in the loop as I make progress and get things tested.

Does remote start and 2 way comms with the keychain so it’ll alert you when someone is messing with your rig.

I dived into the wiring diagram for my ‘97 and made some progress. I ordered the right terminals to crimp up the custom harness and took the liberty of ordering enough for two harnesses….

I’ll keep you in the loop as I make progress and get things tested.
Wow, that one is sounding like a good choice honestly... Can't go wrong with extra stuff. That'd be great! Also greatly appreciated! What area are you in? Maybe we could meet up sometime. It'd be really cool to see it in person and learn and understand it. Reading only does so much for me lol.

Wow, that one is sounding like a good choice honestly... Can't go wrong with extra stuff. That'd be great! Also greatly appreciated! What area are you in? Maybe we could meet up sometime. It'd be really cool to see it in person and learn and understand it. Reading only does so much for me lol.
No worries. Up on the east side - Once I get this figured out come over for a beer and we can throw one in your rig as well.

Made some good progress on this on the weekend - pretty sure I have the remote start etc. configured and by using the ground when armed pulse off the alarm brain on the 5706v to trigger pin 5 on the light retainer harness to turn off the lights after remote start shutdown.

The '97 harness is pretty different to the '96LX harness there is good docs on - but I think I'm getting pretty close on my rig.

Just noticed you have a '96 LX - we can do pinouts on this pretty easily since it's so well documented already.

If you have a photo of the RS3000 harness you ripped out it'd be a good help - do you have the same II3 connector in the kick panel that was on this thread :

Last edited:
Under the driver seat.
Looking to yank out my security system and replace...when I purchased the rig six years ago, there was no keyfob but the auto locks from the security occassionally trip...and then trip all night long draining the battery over a weekend (when not in use).

Check under the seat, you say? Thanks. I jsut want to remove that AND the janky sound system the previous owner self installed.

Find other security threads here:

Made some good progress on this on the weekend - pretty sure I have the remote start etc. configured and by using the ground when armed pulse off the alarm brain on the 5706v to trigger pin 5 on the light retainer harness to turn off the lights after remote start shutdown.

The '97 harness is pretty different to the '96LX harness there is good docs on - but I think I'm getting pretty close on my rig.

Just noticed you have a '96 LX - we can do pinouts on this pretty easily since it's so well documented already.

If you have a photo of the RS3000 harness you ripped out it'd be a good help - do you have the same II3 connector in the kick panel that was on this thread :

Whatever became of this endeavor? I'm currently having issues with my RS-3000 unit on my 97LX450 and I'd I was trying to figure out why it was giving me issues and then thought that maybe someone was able to integrate a newer alarm system into the existing harness.. This would be optimal.

Whatever became of this endeavor? I'm currently having issues with my RS-3000 unit on my 97LX450 and I'd I was trying to figure out why it was giving me issues and then thought that maybe someone was able to integrate a newer alarm system into the existing harness.. This would be optimal.
I'm also looking for similar info for my 97 lx450. Alarm keeps on going off if I don't cycle through the lock unlock after turning off ignition. Did you find more info on that? I'm still figuring out how to use this site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom