What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Weird. I wonder why that was an issue.
It was a totally unexpected result. I changed the throttle cable because it had been binding.

After I changed it, I was on a drive that I take regularly, and one of the places that I would hit a specific bump and cruise would always drop out, cruise didn't drop. So I more closely monitored every place that it normally happened, and now it hasn't dropped cruise in 7 years.

It was not why I changed the cable at all, but perhaps a binding cable caused extra tension and a bump suddenly changed it, causing it to drop....IDK. I was delighted that it fixed it because I hate CC issues.

Not cheap but look pretty good!
You're right about the price, but they look great! Thanks for sharing!

I do the same. I have a list of stuff. But when I'm busy with other rigs it sits. Then I drive it and go, oh ya. The cruise turns off momentarily on big bumps. Or, in really need to order wheels

It was a totally unexpected result. I changed the throttle cable because it had been binding.

After I changed it, I was on a drive that I take regularly, and one of the places that I would hit a specific bump and cruise would always drop out, cruise didn't drop. So I more closely monitored every place that it normally happened, and now it hasn't dropped cruise in 7 years.

It was not why I changed the cable at all, but perhaps a binding cable caused extra tension and a bump suddenly changed it, causing it to drop....IDK. I was delighted that it fixed it because I hate CC issues.
Same for me. After replacing throttle/accelerator cable and adjusting all three cables, I have not had the issue reappear again.

I am in the same situation, what did you use for a replacement? OEM Toyota $$$$$$$), SKP($), WAI($$), CARDONE($$$)?
Shipping is really expensive here, so I went with what was available on Amazon. Amazon product ASIN B00VVC3T7M
Also, this is one OEM part that's not particularly impressive, so I'm willing to take a chance with an aftermarket.

Get Them manifold bolts checked out fellas!
3 were loose
Screenshot_20221013-122309(1).png
Screenshot_20221013-122354(1).png
Screenshot_20221013-122429(1).png
Screenshot_20221013-122730(1).png

Whose 80 is this testing the new Toyo RT Trail tires? If it’s yours what do you think about the tires? I’ve been looking at the at3’s but like the look of these.
Thanks!

FB69229B-01C9-4B1A-9467-F01972C29E64.jpeg

Whose 80 is this testing the new Toyo RT Trail tires? If it’s yours what do you think about the tires? I’ve been looking at the at3’s but like the look of these.
Thanks!

View attachment 3139823

That is Aiden’s HDJ81, he now is part owner at Long Range America.

Cheers

LOL I keep a google spreadsheet with a list of s*** I need to fix. I update from my phone as I find s*** so I can address it later.

The list grows faster than I'm fixing stuff.. :\
Isn't that the truth!!

Started a small list of projects yesterday as part of my 4-day weekend. New oil cooler hoses, new gasket for the push rod cover, and pulled the manifold to send out injectors to Witchhunter Performance for a clean & rebuild.... Hoping I didn't bite off too much at once.

IMG_7428.jpg
IMG_7430.jpg

And had some help....

1665760606072.jpeg

Excellent...when I picked up my new-to-me 80 back in July in Tucson, my wife and I stayed in Sedona for the weekend. I really wanted to drive Broken Arrow, but in the end, we went for the Pink Jeep tour instead. With the rear loaded to the brim with spare parts, a new-to-me truck for 3 days, and 2500 miles to get home, it just didn't seem to smart to try a trail that I've never driven at that time. That said, I'd love to drive it now, but I'm probably stuck to the PA/VA trails for a while closer to home.
It will be here for you when you get back, look me up and I'll spot you through it. Zona

Weeklong camping trip starting on Sunday. First things first:
65CC5882-7249-4030-8BD7-F001509B33D3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom