An introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Mike, I’m here in central NM. I recently left law enforcement three years ago and we sold all the cows (we kept a handful) this last February. The wife and I have a lot of kids, seven to be exact. I’d be interested in meeting club members and joining as well. Thank you and God Bless!

Welcome Mike. I look forward to seeing you at one of our club meeting.

Welcome Mike, hopefully you can make it to one of our breakfast meetings amigo!!

a'hem ... let's see some pics of the 60! Welcome aboard.

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Well, I cut my teeth on 60s and have had a handful of some exceedingly nice ones, which I could never justify the coin to get into today. I don’t have a 60, I have a 100. It’s a project for sure but it was very well taken care of the majority of its life, until some teenagers got ahold of it, fortunately they only had it for a couple of months prior to losing it to the impound yard. They plasti dipped the whole thing, which 100% of its now off, except for a little on the wheels. Got most of it off the wheels today. They did some body damage to it, which my dad looked at today, he says should be easy. He’s the body man so we’ll get that sorted after timing belt, fluids, ball joints, shocks and tires in the coming weeks. I may do a wrap for now so I can play with different colors. My sister wrapped her Tacoma herself and did an awesome job. She says she’ll wrap the LC just for the cost of materials. I’m hoping to score some steel wheels, bumpers and a rack too.

96DC3585-DA5D-48B0-B67E-02645DF8B7AB.jpeg

Well, I cut my teeth on 60s and have had a handful of some exceedingly nice ones, which I could never justify the coin to get into today. I don’t have a 60, I have a 100. It’s a project for sure but it was very well taken care of the majority of its life, until some teenagers got ahold of it, fortunately they only had it for a couple of months prior to losing it to the impound yard. They plasti dipped the whole thing, which 100% of its now off, except for a little on the wheels. Got most of it off the wheels today. They did some body damage to it, which my dad looked at today, he says should be easy. He’s the body man so we’ll get that sorted after timing belt, fluids, ball joints, shocks and tires in the coming weeks. I may do a wrap for now so I can play with different colors. My sister wrapped her Tacoma herself and did an awesome job. She says she’ll wrap the LC just for the cost of materials. I’m hoping to score some steel wheels, bumpers and a rack too.

View attachment 3137393

Hey!

I have 100s too. Good thing the body work looks "easy". Junkyard parts are hard to come by for these things around here. They seem to pop up at the Upull every couple of years and get stripped pretty quick.

The timing belt is fairly easy, well working on the 100 isn't too bad for the most part.

Let me know if you need any help with keys.

Hey!

I have 100s too. Good thing the body work looks "easy". Junkyard parts are hard to come by for these things around here. They seem to pop up at the Upull every couple of years and get stripped pretty quick.

The timing belt is fairly easy, well working on the 100 isn't too bad for the most part.

Let me know if you need any help with keys.
I always loved the 60s and had a handful of nice 80s too. I never considered the 100s because of cost and had a negative view of the ifs. I scored a good deal on a 100 back in 2017 at the Toyota dealer in Bismarck ND and it was too good to pass up. We took the kids all over the pacific north west, Idaho and Montana tent camping in it and it was an amazing time! I’m in love with them now! They look like a cruiser, drive like one but have amazing highway comfort and a v8 too which means you’re comfortable at hwy speeds! My last 60, even with the h55 still wore you out. I still love the 60s and 80s, but I’ll stick with the 100s until the latter becomes a little more affordable for me. I’m inclined to say the 100 is the best thing Toyota ever put out, but I’ve not driven a 200 yet, so I don’t know. Maybe that’ll be the next one I get😁

I always loved the 60s and had a handful of nice 80s too. I never considered the 100s because of cost and had a negative view of the ifs. I scored a good deal on a 100 back in 2017 at the Toyota dealer in Bismarck ND and it was too good to pass up. We took the kids all over the pacific north west, Idaho and Montana tent camping in it and it was an amazing time! I’m in love with them now! They look like a cruiser, drive like one but have amazing highway comfort and a v8 too which means you’re comfortable at hwy speeds! My last 60, even with the h55 still wore you out. I still love the 60s and 80s, but I’ll stick with the 100s until the latter becomes a little more affordable for me. I’m inclined to say the 100 is the best thing Toyota ever put out, but I’ve not driven a 200 yet, so I don’t know. Maybe that’ll be the next one I get😁
I've talked to some folks that owned both 200 and 100 and they've indicated their 100 was more comfortable. Their only complaint was that lack of a big V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom