1HZ non-turbo, what are you guys running for exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched but couldn't find much info on non-turbo 1HZ's. I plan on replacing my whole HZJ73's exhaust soon with a 2.5" system with one muffler (looks like stock has two?)

Anyone have good muffler recommendation for a N/A 1HZ diesel? regular turbo muffler, welded chamber muffler, straight-thru, glass pack, trucker stacks? any opinions or experience with performance mufflers on these engines?

Leaning toward a plain welded style muffler like this, but? (this is a Thrush 17656)

wlk-17655_wb_xl.jpg

I found a 3" I'd x 4" of glasspack.. with a 3" steel exhaust.. sounds sweet :) total run is 1 bend and around 6ft long.. I've got a 2L-TE.. but exhaust is exhaust.. are you putting on / fabbing up headers???
Cheers
rps20190515_185207.jpg
rps20190519_205639.jpg

turbo'd you don't necessarily need a muffler, non-turbo I definitely would run a muffler. I don't use a muffler on my turbo'd 2H, but I test drove a 1HZ without a muffler and the hwy drone/noise was quite bad, in my humble opinion. As to what style of muffler it would be up to your personal taste, how loud you want it to be. On a gasser V6 I liked the flowmaster (?) 50.

I run an Aeroturbine 3030XL on my turbo'd 1HZ with 3" piping.

Does anybody know if I can get a whole exhaust system for HZJ73? Mechanic is saying the whole thing needs to be replaced. Cruiser outfitters is recommending I go with a custom fabricated option and the mechanic is offering that but they don’t recommend it since it’s so expensive.

Does anybody know if I can get a whole exhaust system for HZJ73? Mechanic is saying the whole thing needs to be replaced. Cruiser outfitters is recommending I go with a custom fabricated option and the mechanic is offering that but they don’t recommend it since it’s so expensive.

You can still get these parts new OEM from Toyota, overseas.

But, the cost of shipping will be 3-4 times the actual cost of the parts.

Custom fabricated was quoted around $1500.
I don't know about stainless, but I just had an entire custom exhaust fabbed up for me at a muffler shop in 2.25" aluminized steel for the 3B Troopy.
All new from the exhaust manifold flange back to the LR corner.
$500.
That included a new flow master muffler.

I don't know about stainless, but I just had an entire custom exhaust fabbed up for me at a muffler shop in 2.25" aluminized steel for the 3B Troopy.
All new from the exhaust manifold flange back to the LR corner.
$500.
That included a new flow master muffler.
Nothing wrong with that, aluminized exhaust tubing is much cheaper, typically mig welded (faster). Good economical option, especially for a non-turbo application.

That’s a good price, 304 stainless will last forever if done right.
thanks for bringing up the stainless, didn’t even think to ask. Their solution was aluminum so I reached out to a custom shop that is doing it in stainless. Plus they’re saving me money because the mechanic was saying I needed more than I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom