What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E9237E20-2131-4ABC-8C79-AA8FA1B33A33.jpeg

The above pic is a connector that exits the wiring harness just midway on the front driver fender. It isn’t plugged to anything and I haven’t been able to identify it with the wiring schematic. Does anyone recognize it? I feel like it should be obvious but I can’t identify it

The above pic is a connector that exits the wiring harness just midway on the front driver fender. It isn’t plugged to anything and I haven’t been able to identify it with the wiring schematic. Does anyone recognize it? I feel like it should be obvious but I can’t identify it
Is this a CA cruiser? It could be for the carb cooling fan.

I'm assuming you have a 1970 by your Handle (@70fj40). It goes to the VSV (fed emissions for 1970)

image.jpg

Yes, 1970. Not a California model to my knowledge. Firemanj92 I think you are correct. Same wire colors and plug. Never have seen that part before.

Just FYI, this info isn't very accurate. The author even admits he needs to "re-vamp" the article in the comments below.

Just got these bad boys in today! Can't wait to install them, gonna have to wait a little bit as I'm going out of town for a few weeks. Any one know what these are?

View attachment 3138631

Believe a lot people know what they are. Anyone who has a FJ40 up to 1/75 their cruiser had them when it was sold in the US. Depending on what model could be a little different.

Believe a lot people know what they are. Anyone who has a FJ40 up to 1/75 their cruiser had them when it was sold in the US. Depending on what model could be a little different.
Door stopper kit

I worked on the vacuum operated 4WD. It was taking about 2 minutes for the 4WD to engage after pulling the dash knob. Mark A. (@65swb45) sent me a rebuilt vacuum actuator that is a thing of beauty. After then shearing off a bolt in the nose cone, I replaced the whole nose assembly. Orange FIPG and gaskets. What do you know, now it works almost instantaneously. For anyone else facing slow 4WD activation, I also blew compressed air through the vacuum terminal block (or whatever it is called) on the driver's side of the firewall. It seemed like it was restricting the flow of vacuum to the switch on the passenger side firewall. Thanks to @65swb45 and @Poser for all of their gracious help in answering my questions. Also replaced an after market CSF radiator that PO had put in with a 2F OEM Toyota radiator from City Racer. For anyone contemplating this, Roger (@Racer65 ) does a really good job of packing so that the radiator arrived undamaged.

Just got these bad boys in today! Can't wait to install them, gonna have to wait a little bit as I'm going out of town for a few weeks.

View attachment 3138631
Some sellers on ebay think those are some sort of unicorn farts. I saw a set of rusty ones for $275.

Edit: My memory failed me. $335.

Door stops LOL.JPG

Last edited:
Some sellers on ebay think those are some sort of unicorn farts. I saw a set of rusty ones for $275.
Last time I was at EBI Cruisers, Steve had a bin of those.

Alternator bearing was squealing like a pig this morning, I may have over tightened it a couple months back. Only 5 years old and still charged fine. Put Duralasts lifetime warranty to the test and got another for free. It's too shiny for my grubby engine bay. 🙂

IMG_20221014_144801_145.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom