All you long-distance FJ40 drivers (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rad! Well done! Did you hotel it or did you keep all of your gear in the back? Regarding the ear plugs: I love my tunes and books on tape etc. I bought some Ear pods with noise canceling but I'm not thrilled with how well they would stay in my ears while in a windy truck.... Things to figure out...
Only three nights in a Hotel during my 15 day trip.
There is no way I can haul all my camp stuff plus the setup needed to put on the Solid Axle Summit each August. My little trailer has been my go to for years. Level off the ground camping in less than 10 minutes. That poor little trailer has followed my 40 to some really cool off grid locales.
I've been doing this for at least 20 years. Way before the "Overlander's" decided it was cool. Similar to owning one or more Cruisers my whole life. It was cool before it became a thing...

20220730_194717.jpg

20220828_134804.jpg

There is no way I can haul all my camp stuff plus the setup needed to put on the Solid Axle Summit each August. My little trailer has been my go to for years. Level off the ground camping in less than 10 minutes. That poor little trailer has followed my 40 to some really cool off grid locales.
I've been doing this for at least 20 years. Way before the "Overlander's" decided it was cool. Similar to owning one or more Cruisers my whole life. It was cool before it became a thing...

View attachment 3138117

View attachment 3138118
Thats a nice little set up there. I have a small trailer my Dad gave me but not with the offroad tire set up. I have managed to get enough in my truck that I dont need one to badly but have always been interested in doing that set up. Really nice, man!

View attachment 3138117

View attachment 3138118
Nice setup, any idea what the loaded trailer weighs? Thanks.

7 hour to Valloire 4wd fair, then 9 days through the Alps and 6 hours return. Drives 120kph happily enough but this is tiring at the end of the day.

Just submitted as a complete article to Toyota Trails, so maybe a lot more about in a future publication!

Some articulation stretching at the 4wd fair
View attachment 3136899View attachment 3136898

Forte Jafferau (2800m)
View attachment 3136902

Sommeiller pass (3000m)
View attachment 3136904

Assietta (2470m)
View attachment 3136909
That last picture is what it is all about, epic shot!

Reactions: flx

View attachment 3138117

View attachment 3138118
Nice set up! Speaking of things before they were cool. 50 years ago motorheads would buy old cars because they were affordable and it took a little skill and courage to fix it up. Most of the rich and elite would have nothing to do with old cars back then. It was just and old car to them, beneath them. These, and many others used to be just old cars. Used to be able to buy old cars for $100. Now they're classics or vintage, and cool. Like junk stores. They don't exist anymore. Now they're all "antique" stores full of the same old junk. Paradigm shift.

50 years ago motorheads would buy old cars because they were affordable and it took a little skill and courage to fix it up. Most of the rich and elite would have nothing to do with old cars back then. It was just and old car to them, beneath them. These, and many others used to be just old cars. Used to be able to buy old cars for $100. Now they're classics or vintage, and cool. Like junk stores. They don't exist anymore. Now they're all "antique" stores full of the same old junk. Paradigm shift.

Same with old motorcycles as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom