Wits End Turbo Owners (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if @NLXTACY knows when there might be some more available…
I’m sure he has been given an ETA from his supplier which at this point he doesn’t want to share as suppliers rarely come through on schedule due to the completely screwed up supply chain for materials.

I know many here are tired of that “excuse” and post their frustrations but it’s an honest reality. I see it in my business as well. I only deal with a couple vendors and have seen the exact same delays and vendor closures without warning. Really happy my business does not put me at the mercy of dozens like Joey’s.

Curious, have any of you paid attention to the catalytic converter monitor and if it passes ok for you after installation? I know this was an issue during SEMA testing for CARB certification...

Also, do you have a downpipe blanket installed?

Anyone heard from @NLXTACY lately? I haven't seen him posting much. Just wanted to make sure he's doing alright. I know this isn't Turbo related but I'll spin it back to that as I wanted to just ask him a few questions. Mainly just wanted to know if he was doing alright.

Are you following him on Instagram? He recently recovered from COVID. Also, in general, it seems like no posts on Mud means no related news to share.

Are you following him on Instagram? He recently recovered from COVID. Also, in general, it seems like no posts on Mud means no related news to share.
No, unfortunately ( or fortunately, depending on your views) I don't have Instagram. Glad to hear he's recovering. Just wanted to make sure he was alright as I hadn't heard anything for a little. Wish him the best in his recovery.

Now back to Turbos.

Anyone heard from @NLXTACY lately? I haven't seen him posting much. Just wanted to make sure he's doing alright. I know this isn't Turbo related but I'll spin it back to that as I wanted to just ask him a few questions. Mainly just wanted to know if he was doing alright.
He is taking a step back from mud to focus on getting orders shipped out and providing customer service. I think he kind of thinks that there are enough people here to answer turbo questions if they aren't directly related to supply.

Curious, have any of you paid attention to the catalytic converter monitor and if it passes ok for you after installation? I know this was an issue during SEMA testing for CARB certification...

Also, do you have a downpipe blanket installed?
I run my tablet w/ Torque Pro every time I drive my truck. It's never had any problems (see note) with it not setting the EVAP, CAT, etc. readiness monitors not setting after a battery pull. You need to drive it under the right driving parameters. The ECU is very picky and if you go out the parameter settings (i.e. speed), then you will need to do it all over again till it's right. If it's taking forever for the monitors to set. Either, you aren't driving in the right parameters. Or you have an old (lazy) O2 sensor that is on it's way out. Buying a new one should help it set faster. The worst case is your CAT is clogged up and it will take a lot of attempts to set it. Otherwise, get yourself a new CAT.

Note: It took me nearly 2 weeks to set my monitors the last time I cleared my ECU. I don't daily my 80 and it's hard to hit the right driving parameters in my area because of all the traffic. I usually have the best luck at night time (10pm+) when there's limited traffic where I can stay in the MPH range and not piss anyone off behind me and hold up traffic. Everything on my truck is new except for the original cat at 190k. I know it's near the end of life and restricting my exhaust causes me not to achieve full boost. I want to buy magaflow cats eventually. The readiness codes do set but it takes forever. Getting a new CATs should reduce the time it takes to set.

I have the DP blanket.

Edit: here's a website I googled for the driving parameters. Here's a thread from MUD too for readiness monitors.

Last edited:
I run my tablet w/ Torque Pro every time I drive my truck. It's never had any problems (see note) with it not setting the EVAP, CAT, etc. readiness monitors not setting after a battery pull. You need to drive it under the right driving parameters. The ECU is very picky and if you go out the parameter settings (i.e. speed), then you will need to do it all over again till it's right. If it's taking forever for the monitors to set. Either, you aren't driving in the right parameters. Or you have an old (lazy) O2 sensor that is on it's way out. Buying a new one should help it set faster. The worst case is your CAT is clogged up and it will take a lot of attempts to set it. Otherwise, get yourself a new CAT.

Note: It took me nearly 2 weeks to set my monitors the last time I cleared my ECU. I don't daily my 80 and it's hard to hit the right driving parameters in my area because of all the traffic. I usually have the best luck at night time (10pm+) when there's limited traffic where I can stay in the MPH range and not piss anyone off behind me and hold up traffic. Everything on my truck is new except for the original cat at 190k. I know it's near the end of life and restricting my exhaust causes me not to achieve full boost. I want to buy magaflow cats eventually. The readiness codes do set but it takes forever. Getting a new CATs should reduce the time it takes to set.

I have the DP blanket.

Edit: here's a website I googled for the driving parameters. Here's a thread from MUD too for readiness monitors.
Thank you!

hey guys,
I have the turbo kit on and have not addressed the transmission yet, it seems most have gone with the shift kit. I was considering the nomad valve body.. is that overkill? it seems the shift kit is sufficient. looking forward I can see maybe some light towing. dirt bikes or something but this truck is a daily and run around in the mountains exploring truck. nothing too heavy duty.

hey guys,
I have the turbo kit on and have not addressed the transmission yet, it seems most have gone with the shift kit. I was considering the nomad valve body.. is that overkill? it seems the shift kit is sufficient. looking forward I can see maybe some light towing. dirt bikes or something but this truck is a daily and run around in the mountains exploring truck. nothing too heavy duty.

I didn't do any valve body mods/improvements but I did retighten the shift down cable per FSM and it was in fact loose. Long time ago, Tools R Us did a brilliant job of showing us how to tighten up the pressures inside the valve body and I might do that some day but so far I'm happy with the crisp shifting of the transmission with the turbo.

hey guys,

I towed a "reasonably heavy" trailer (~4.5K lbs) about 150 miles in 100 degree weather when I was moving. It wasn't fast and I wouldn't do it again...but I was in a pinch and I didn't die..

I wouldn't dare doing that without the turbo. I cruised at 55 mph nearly the whole time, and only slowed down when I was driving up an 8% grade due to temps getting up there. I'd have no qualms towing light trailers (<2k lbs) with a transgo shift kit (Truck).

For $250 total, a shiftkit and kickdown cable adjustment may give you the desired result and save you $1k compared to the nomad valve body.
That’s been my experience so take it for what it’s worth 🙃

The nomad valve body is just a shift kit, that they do the labor on. If you are mechanically inclined at all you can get the same results and save yourself the money...
well that answers that question... Im not surprised but I am feeling a little silly that didn't occur to me...
great info thank you all!

Well, I really hate having to write this but I am now moving overseas with the military and can't take my 80 with me. I can no longer keep my turbo order in place.

What I won't do is cancel my order completely and leave Joey with eating the costs. I currently have a spot in line and am willing to sell it to someone who is wanting a turbo. I have reached out to Joey to see how he would like to handle this but if someone is interested in taking over my order/spot in line, shoot me a message. I have a turbo and downpipe blanket on order. Let me know and I will work with Joey to see what he can do.

I know most people in this thread have a Turbo currently, but if you know someone that wants one or you're wanting to turbo another one of your rigs, let me know.

Well, I really hate having to write this but I am now moving overseas with the military and can't take my 80 with me. I can no longer keep my turbo order in place.

What I won't do is cancel my order completely and leave Joey with eating the costs. I currently have a spot in line and am willing to sell it to someone who is wanting a turbo. I have reached out to Joey to see how he would like to handle this but if someone is interested in taking over my order/spot in line, shoot me a message. I have a turbo and downpipe blanket on order. Let me know and I will work with Joey to see what he can do.

I know most people in this thread have a Turbo currently, but if you know someone that wants one or you're wanting to turbo another one of your rigs, let me know.

Thank you for your service!

Sent you a DM. I’m interested if it can work out.

DM sent!

Ready to go whoever @Tommysosa sells to

AE29785F-7B5E-4E99-AC57-8151701B26BC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom