Maple leaves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Went up to the Manzano mountains yesterday to check out the leaves. I would bet the end of this week there will be a lot more color up there, but it sure is pretty.

The road going up from Tajique was in really good shape, it was easy to get to 4th of July Canyon. Leaving was a little bit more fun. From 4th of July we took the road to Torreon. The first few miles weren't bad at all until we came across a newer Suburban stuck in the road trying to turn around. Got it turned around, but one of their lo profile tires popped off the bead. Luckily the guy said he had it under control so we went on. The hill they got stuck on was nasty with mud and ruts, but the LX just laughed at it. At the top of the road is a puddle that looks to be just a few inches deep, but was all the way up to my door sills. Only saw one other guy after that. He was coming up frim Torreon in a stock Tacoma with city tires. He warned me that I would have a hard time. I figured if his truck made it I would too. It was muddy, but I had no problems. I also warned him, but he said he'd be fine. The mud he had been through was easy compared to where he was about to go.
PXL_20221010_181806780.MP.jpg
PXL_20221010_181527177.MP.jpg
PXL_20221010_181134782.MP.jpg
PXL_20221010_160218600.MP.jpg

Thanks for the update. The route from Torreon is my preferred route because the sheer volume of people on the Tajique route is insane. I've helped people get unstuck after getting their minivan high centered on ruts on the Torreon route when the roads were dry and can only imagine how 'fun' it would be with the roads being a sloppy mess.

Thanks for the update. The route from Torreon is my preferred route because the sheer volume of people on the Tajique route is insane. I've helped people get unstuck after getting their minivan high centered on ruts on the Torreon route when the roads were dry and can only imagine how 'fun' it would be with the roads being a sloppy mess.

We got up there early. There were only 2 others parked at the second campground when we started our hike. When we got back, the lot was over full.

We got up there early. There were only 2 others parked at the second campground when we started our hike. When we got back, the lot was over full.
I've only arrived in the late morning and the volume of cars parked on the sides of the road well before you get to the 4th of July CG was ridiculous. But once you get a little ways past the CG, between the CG and Torreon, it thins out really quick, as the road gets rougher.

Beauty pics, glad to see you’re finding time to have some fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom