YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, that's the intended use for that 2 button remote. I've got lots of 2 button European customers. Probably a few hundred people by now.

Thanks for posting up pics! That looks great!

Super, thanks:) Will wait for the orange one:))

I recently purchased and installed a YotaMD shell on a t base key for my 2000 LC. It's all super nice.

The t base metal part does have slight movement, side to side (not in the critical torsional direction, which this product is clearly a great solution for) but in the other direction. Is that normal or am I missing something or is there something I can do to take that movement out to make the entire key and shell completely solid?

Video shows the movement.

Thanks for any feedback/advice you can offer

I recently purchased and installed a YotaMD shell on a t base key for my 2000 LC. It's all super nice.

The t base metal part does have slight movement, side to side (not in the critical torsional direction, which this product is clearly a great solution for) but in the other direction. Is that normal or am I missing something or is there something I can do to take that movement out to make the entire key and shell completely solid?

I had that happen as well. Turns out the screws need to be tightened a bit more. I couldn't use the supplied tool, so used a screwdriver with the correct attachment and tightened it as much as it would and the side to side issue stopped.

There is also a small metal piece that sandwiches in between the shell and the t section of the OEM key that drops in loose inside the case before final assembly on some keys. That little piece looks like it makes all the difference. Do you have the little piece of metal installed too?

I have three fobs I’m currently using. Two of the three have movement movement as you mention. I can’t get it any tighter with the wrench without stripping.

I have a little bit of movement as mine side to side. Realistically I don't think I could get it any tighter.

Doesn't really bother me to much. Won't stop me from getting more of the key fobs.

I had that happen as well. Turns out the screws need to be tightened a bit more. I couldn't use the supplied tool, so used a screwdriver with the correct attachment and tightened it as much as it would and the side to side issue stopped.

There is also a small metal piece that sandwiches in between the shell and the t section of the OEM key that drops in loose inside the case before final assembly on some keys. That little piece looks like it makes all the difference. Do you have the little piece of metal installed too?

I have three fobs I’m currently using. Two of the three have movement movement as you mention. I can’t get it any tighter with the wrench without stripping.

I have a little bit of movement as mine side to side. Realistically I don't think I could get it any tighter.

Doesn't really bother me to much. Won't stop me from getting more of the key fobs.

Thanks for all these comments everyone. This wiggle phenomenon finally popped up in my own key. I went to change cases and the key (which was previously fine) was putting up a lot of resistance. I started slipping my standard L wrench and had to switch over to the dedicated 1.3mm driver bit.

The problem was simply gummed up threads and a little extra threadlocker on the screw. Cleaning off the threads and chasing the screw through fixed it, but it was very difficult without the right tool.

So on that note, I'm now stocking these Wiha dedicated drivers. They are AWESOME. Made in Europe (Poland or Germany, pending the batch I think). These are not something I can include in every kit, but I do want to make them available to anyone that wants one. I'll also post up some options on Amazon as well.

1665154680245.png

-Andy

Thanks for all these comments everyone. This wiggle phenomenon finally popped up in my own key. I went to change cases and the key (which was previously fine) was putting up a lot of resistance. I started slipping my standard L wrench and had to switch over to the dedicated 1.3mm driver bit.

The problem was simply gummed up threads and a little extra threadlocker on the screw. Cleaning off the threads and chasing the screw through fixed it, but it was very difficult without the right tool.

So on that note, I'm now stocking these Wiha dedicated drivers. They are AWESOME. Made in Europe (Poland or Germany, pending the batch I think). These are not something I can include in every kit, but I do want to make them available to anyone that wants one. I'll also post up some options on Amazon as well.

View attachment 3134160

-Andy

Funny that you should mention that tool. I had to swap a battery in one of our YotaMD keys, while out of town visiting family, and that was the tool that could be delivered “next day” from Amazon. Worked wonderfully, and now sits in my key parts/junk box. I should probably get 3 more to throw in the vehicles.

Hi!

Sorry if it has been asked before, but what are the two small pins for? Also the smaller titanium plate-thingy looks different for me than in the sample assembly video, does it matter which way it goes under the key blade (it's assymetrical)?

Or are the small pins not used with this kind of key blade?

tempimage3jqzys-jpg.3130776

Hi!

Sorry if it has been asked before, but what are the two small pins for? Also the smaller titanium plate-thingy looks different for me than in the sample assembly video, does it matter which way it goes under the key blade (it's assymetrical)?

Or are the small pins not used with this kind of key blade?

tempimage3jqzys-jpg.3130776
The pins are for use with only the "I" blade with no wings. You have a "T" blade with wings. No pins needed for you.

The small titanium piece orientation does not matter. That asymmetry is a result of DFM (design for manufacture) to reduce the number of pierces during waterjet and reduces the cut time/cost and improves the final product finish.

The pins are for use with only the "I" blade with no wings. You have a "T" blade with wings. No pins needed for you.

The small titanium piece orientation does not matter. That asymmetry is a result of DFM (design for manufacture) to reduce the number of pierces during waterjet and reduces the cut time/cost and improves the final product finish.

Super, Thank You very much!
Love the product!

Black Friday Sales are ON! This year I'm doing buy one kit, get 50% off anything - including GIFT CARDS!

Buy two kits, buy a kit and a discounted titanium upgrade, buy a kit and a gift card. Lots of choices to mix and match!

1669331026636.jpeg

Still my fav customer shot to date:
1669331170002.jpeg

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Feed-the-Peeps-2022.jpg

I was late to get this published so I roughly doubled the donation amounts. Pass along the word and grab a gift card for a friend. Let's make 2022 HUGE!!!!

@suprarx7nut I want to purchase one of your awesome YMD1 kits for my LX in the FDE color. On the website, FDE is out of stock in kits, but it looks like you have some shells in FDE. Wondering if it's possible to make a kit without purchasing two colors or if you'll have FDE kits up soon. Thank you!

@suprarx7nut I want to purchase one of your awesome YMD1 kits for my LX in the FDE color. On the website, FDE is out of stock in kits, but it looks like you have some shells in FDE. Wondering if it's possible to make a kit without purchasing two colors or if you'll have FDE kits up soon. Thank you!
FDE is in fact out of stock. That shell only phenomenon you're seeing is just my inability to keep up with multiple inventory items of the various colors.

FDE is in process now and should be stocked again in about one week.

FDE is in fact out of stock. That shell only phenomenon you're seeing is just my inability to keep up with multiple inventory items of the various colors.

FDE is in process now and should be stocked again in about one week.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the quick response! I'll be on the lookout for it.

Love the key! Quick question... is the blade supposed to have any play in it when it's put together? The key blade on mine rotates a degree or two to either side of center if I put pressure on it. I may have put it together incorrectly. I have the "T" shaped blade.

Love the key! Quick question... is the blade supposed to have any play in it when it's put together? The key blade on mine rotates a degree or two to either side of center if I put pressure on it. I may have put it together incorrectly. I have the "T" shaped blade.
I just released a shim that addresses that, but the center screw alone usually does enough.

Do you have the shim? I'm about to launch a "Great Un-Wiggling" campaign to retrofit those shims.

I just released a shim that addresses that, but the center screw alone usually does enough.

Do you have the shim? I'm about to launch a "Great Un-Wiggling" campaign to retrofit those shims.

Okay, great. I can try to tighten the center screw to see if that helps. I just didn't want to over-tighten it.

Not sure if I have the new shim. I bought the fob end of last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom