What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do the job with one of these, like they did when it really mattered, and I'll be impressed. Oh, off-hand of course.View attachment 3130326

zh-atlatl.jpg

Installed my extended stainless steel brake lines. I also made sure to do the lines at the calipers since I was already there. A bit of a no-brainer if you're using 'old rubber' as an excuse to change out the other ones. This one just seemed like it took longer than previous installs. Now, I just need a helper to finish bleeding them.

DS SS installed 1.jpg

DS SS installed 2.jpg

PS SS installed 2.jpg

PS SS installed 3.jpg

PS SS installed 4.jpg

PS SS installed.jpg

SS Brake Line Front.jpg

Ran Slick Rock with several other Cruisers. We ran from Utica to Alpine. My first time running the trail in this direction as I usually start from Alpine. It's a whole new trail when you run the opposite way! Great trip and several rigs took home some new scars. Here's two videos

Ran Slick Rock with several other Cruisers. We ran from Utica to Alpine. My first time running the trail in this direction as I usually start from Alpine. It's a whole new trail when you run the opposite way! Great trip and several rigs took home some new scars. Here's two videos

Thanks for sharing...pretty hard core and shows the improvements of the 80 suspension on coils for so much more range of motion! Love both of these rigs, but makes me even more happy that I chose the 80 for myself...:beer:

Thanks for sharing...pretty hard core and shows the improvements of the 80 suspension on coils for so much more range of motion! Love both of these rigs, but makes me even more happy that I chose the 80 for myself...:beer:
Not really apples to oranges here, @jcardona1 has done a remarkable job putting together a nice rig. He is linked front and rear, a leaf sprung rig will never perform as well as a linked set up.

I'll help
Installed my extended stainless steel brake lines. I also made sure to do the lines at the calipers since I was already there. A bit of a no-brainer if you're using 'old rubber' as an excuse to change out the other ones. This one just seemed like it took longer than previous installs. Now, I just need a helper to finish bleeding them.

View attachment 3130573

View attachment 3130574

View attachment 3130575

View attachment 3130576

View attachment 3130577

View attachment 3130578

View attachment 3130579
😜

View attachment 3130573

View attachment 3130574

View attachment 3130575

View attachment 3130576

View attachment 3130577

View attachment 3130578

View attachment 3130579
I'll help 😁

Slickrock Trail last weekend with a bunch of 80 friends. Good times!
70304D2D-E3C2-4311-A167-1DCFEEDC0DE2.jpeg
4204CA44-58AA-4E45-AF58-C90AF2932653.jpeg
B5893D41-E436-4BD8-A147-A9F7135A6812.jpeg
D2B1096C-6909-412C-8E2A-F015266646C3.jpeg
011AB3A8-E644-45F2-A6F4-3289115F9374.jpeg

View attachment 3130573

View attachment 3130574

View attachment 3130575

View attachment 3130576

View attachment 3130577

View attachment 3130578

View attachment 3130579

Buy a motive bleeder.

Knuckles & axle are fresh & happy now. Weren’t bad, but truck has a slight extra crispness since. Never had to work on them. Agreed on easy job, just lots to do. Redundant at this point but @cruiseroutfit kit w/ koyos is 👌 and @NLXTACY witsend driver is sweet. Almost no sign of wear after 26 years. Switched birfs anyway. Found a bad trunnion bearing (fell apart upon removal), and PS abs tube broke off from the upper, but was able to fix well enough. Minimal swearing was limited to the fact that I hate hand pumping gear oil.

I still really like the idea of a birf goblet to go along with the oil filter tumbler, which I just ordered from @HemiAlex

FC5D5F5A-A920-469A-B32D-6A7467D37A74.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple pages back I posted that I was at emissions getting my 80 tested. Well she failed, but on the bright side the state of AZ has a program you can apply for. The state will help with $900 worth of repairs, I have to pay a $100 co-pay and anything over $1000.

I did check for vacuum leaks, with no luck. Checked the distributor for oil seepage but nothing.

Today I am picking up a OEM Toyota cap rotor today and will install them. The wires and plug wires have less then 10K miles on them.

After talking to the shop I am hoping it is just the catalytic convertors.

Not much 80 suspension left on that 80 :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom