What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As little cutoff, wire, and grinding wheel as possible; 22g cuts with scissors, and the last 1/4" can be folded slightly in for champfer. Drill shavings can be cleaned up with a magnet, dust with a small dust pan. Not a big fan of the shop vac after the first month, unless it is the inside frame rail, or to clear debris from drain holes - that is valuable well beyond measure. The rest is like doing dishes, except, no detergent (maybe baking soda) and they get to dry in the sun.

Is it unreasonable to spend days meticulously restoring things like bump stop mounts and exhaust hangers, zinc phosphorus coat them and do no fewer than 2 coats of epoxy primer and 4 coats of chassis paint? Nope, that’s about the right amount.

858DFE8F-731B-4B3F-9936-CE2496146A2D.jpeg

4ED97E40-AF86-408B-8432-27398CA0290D.jpeg

97F19933-A385-4893-9FE9-FCC9AB734E7E.jpeg

263C8AA4-9A3A-48A0-B9E7-96A4A7CEC83F.jpeg

Last edited:
Most people don't realize this, but the cab of a Landcruiser pickup truck is only held down to the frame with four bolts, each one smaller around than your pinky finger. I decided it was time to check mine again this morning.

All four were loose. Not very loose. But loose enough that I am glad I checked them before my upcoming adventure across the washboard roads of Death Valley .😉

Most people don't realize this, but the cab of a Landcruiser pickup truck is only held down to the frame with four bolts, each one smaller around than your pinky finger. I decided it was time to check mine again this morning.

All four were loose. Not very loose. But loose enough that I am glad I checked them before my upcoming adventure across the washboard roads of Death Valley .😉

This is the replacement body mount for the rear of cab on my FJ45.
IMG_20200204_120743325.jpg

No castle nut. Not sure if there is enough threads exposed when installed to do a double nut. If not wpuld suggest a nylon lock nut. As Mark mentioned check the nuts for looseness. Like Mark washboard roads are common where I'm at.

Added 300 something miles to the odometer.
Found some new rattles.

20221002_181622.jpg
20221001_161640.jpg

Beautiful place Ryan! It looks like a great place to spend time contemplating the better things in life.

Replaced the fuel pump relay on the TBI and pulled the doors and Paki soft top off. Weather is getting cool enough to enjoy it like this.
4513B634-B593-4348-832E-3662A127C15C.jpeg

Beautiful place Ryan! It looks like a great place to spend time contemplating the better things in life.
Yeah, I needed a break from some things.

i exhausted all my local parts shops looking for basic parts only to be told i have a "unicorn"... decided to try "rock-auto"....game changer....had everything except steering kit. shipping was kinda pricey but to get parts delivered to my house is worth it. i tried to support local but in this case.....unfortuanly couldnt do it.

my upcoming adventure across the washboard roads of Death Valley .😉

God Speed “Commander Cody”..(circa 71). How’s that for a trip down the “way back machine”..?!

God Speed “Commander Cody”..(circa 71). How’s that for a trip down the “way back machine”..?!
I doubt we will get to the commander. But we will definitely cover at least a half dozen tunes from the Buffalo Springfield.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom