Review: Delta VS Panhard Lift Bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have recently installed the DVS bracket as well and thought I would share my .02.

Fortunately, my truck was pretty well dialed in or at least as much as possible with F&R adjustable Panhard bars front and rear etc. with a the full Slee 4" lift.

Since I already had the adjustable Panhard rear, I left it installed and adjusted to Center the rear after the panhard bracket installation, which I confirmed with a reputable alignment shop.

Like most, I ran into rear spring interference with the upper bolt. Would including an 80 MM bolt in the kit would remedy this? I am currently trying to source a slightly shorter 80mm bolt to find out if there is enough thread to properly lock or will go to the trouble of loosening the spring to turn it around like DVS suggests and has been done by others. My hesitation with switching bolt orientation was due to having the adj rear bar and first confirm rear end orientation/alignment and there was no bracket interference on the trail as 1 or 2 have experienced with the fatter springs, due to removal/adjustment creating an extra step to remove the spring again.

As far as ride and drive, I feel there is some improvement, definitely didn't hurt. A lifted 80 isn't going to be a sports car suddenly. A part of my impression could be due to the fact I was adjusted and dialed in pretty well with what I had and maybe because I have driven lifted 80 series trucks for 15+ years and likely have a mental adjustment programmed in my mind to react to Bumps in the road and in the Twisties!

If I were building another 80 lifted 3-4" and more, I would include or if I was experiencing drive issues consistent with rear panhard geometry after I had all caster etc. In spec this Seems to be a good product to help address.

With 80 series, anytime you can alter the suspension with a lift and find products that help bring it back closer to the prelifted design Toyota intended, you should be happier with the ride and drive. As I have found after a couple of 80 builds, there is some variation with each truck and each one requires some work to find the combination of components that work well together and this is a good addition to the 80 series parts consideration.
Thanks for the feedback!

Just to be clear, there should be no need to go to the length of removing the spring to flip the bolt. If you pull the wheel, you can easily move the spring out of the way with a large enough lever. 80mm bolt is not long enough to get proper engagement in the nyloc.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just to be clear, there should be no need to go to the length of removing the spring to flip the bolt. If you pull the wheel, you can easily move the spring out of the way with a large enough lever. 80mm bolt is not long enough to get proper engagement in the nyloc.

Thank you!

I thought that as clever and well made as the bracket is, that a shorter bolt had been considered. Now that I have confirmed my Panhard bar is adjusted correctly ( a step eliminated by keeping the stock bar) I will proceed with changing the bolt orientation 180*.

What’s everyone doing with this hard metal brake line that’s directly above the panhard mount? 94 vehicle. I don’t see anything about that in the instructions.

34C59FC1-5674-465F-988A-A7F24588A26C.jpeg

8852E82C-85CA-40F0-A444-69FD61C6AA20.jpeg

Wowza, Toyota re-routed that on >'94 years as I got nothing in that location in my '96. Wonder if it'd be worth converting that section of hard pipe over to a '95 and newer, along with the bracket? More work but it'd clean things up a tad with the DV bracket in place.

Wowza, Toyota re-routed that on >'94 years as I got nothing in that location in my '96. Wonder if it'd be worth converting that section of hard pipe over to a '95 and newer, along with the bracket? More work but it'd clean things up a tad with the DV bracket in place.
That’s a good idea. I’ll wait to see what others say or if Delta has any input. This brackets has been around for years I’m sure someone with a pre 95 purchased and installed it already.

That’s a good idea. I’ll wait to see what others say or if Delta has any input. This brackets has been around for years I’m sure someone with a pre 95 purchased and installed it already.

Oh wait, that's not a hard pipe, that's the ABS wire and bracket. Yes? The hard pipe is below all that from the pic. If that's the case, you have more degree of flexibility.

@Kebanstva

I mentioned and posted pics of my 93 with the ABS wire in the way. It is post #60 on this thread. Have a look.

Specifically, I think I cut the bracket attached to the axle upper control arm mount that holds the wire and have it ziptied to it.

I mentioned and posted pics of my 93 with the ABS wire in the way. It is post #60 on this thread. Have a look.

Specifically, I think I cut the bracket attached to the axle upper control arm mount that holds the wire and have it ziptied to it.
Great thank you!

What’s everyone doing with this hard metal brake line that’s directly above the panhard mount? 94 vehicle. I don’t see anything about that in the instructions.

View attachment 3004072

View attachment 3004073
On my '94, I have that bracket. As @alia176 mentioned, the line it's protecting is flexible. I removed the bolt holding it so it slides between DVS bracket and axle. It can be supported by wire ties or IIRC can be formed (bent) to have bolt re-installed. Point is - it's workable.

On my '94, I have that bracket. As @alia176 mentioned, the line it's protecting is flexible. I removed the bolt holding it so it slides between DVS bracket and axle. It can be supported by wire ties or IIRC can be formed (bent) to have bolt re-installed. Point is - it's workable.
That’s perfect! Appreciate you taking the time to share this info.

Installed my new @Delta VS Panhard Lift Bracket this afternoon....the claimed 15 minute install is MUCH greater on a well worked POS like mine.
Ditto @woody
A tip from @Delta VS helped: install axle pocket bolt first. That's actually in the instructions. Doh.

IMG_3264 1.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

Today was my first real drive with the bracket.

Background:
  • I got my 80 in 2001 with about 110,000. It already had a OME heavy 2.5 inch (or so) suspension. No caster correction.
  • Today I have 358,000 miles. I still run that suspension (have replaced shocks 2-3 times and springs once). For a time I had caster bushings but now OEM bushings. A few years ago I replaced all 14 bushings. New bushings all around made a huge improvement on driveability. I have anti-roll bar drop blocks in the front.

First impressions: Immediately noticeable. Rear does not hop. Feels planted. Smoother. Tracks corners better. I feel the difference at all speeds. Even just pulling through the dip between the end of my driveway and the street - which I do at about a 30 degree angle - the truck does not rock back and forth.

Installation was not bad.

Next I need to see how LongCruiser is set up. Based on LongCruiser's wheelbase Dave said I would not feel the effect as much but I think there will be benefit from less induced side to side action, and it has a 6" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom