Fall Gathering 2022 - Event Registration is now Open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve always been big fan of follow the leader and never losing the guy behind you
Of course. But comms can help as well!

I like the head out the window and Holler!! I would suggest bring what you have and see if the group you are with can accommodate.

Utilitarian central building with basic indoor plumbing. Toilets, sinks, and a couple of showers with hot water (on the men's side at least.)

Not glamorous.

So the campground has a bath house with toilets, showers, hot water, etc.. The bath house is clean. There are a few camping spots with electric but they tend to go fast as they are first come first serve.

The club has rented two ports potties that are placed on the other side of the campground so you don't have to walk as far.

Thank you so much for your interest in Yankee Toys Fall Gathering Weekend! A LOT of important information follows...please read everything...ESPECIALLY if you've never been here before.

Campground Address:
Field & Forest Recreation Area
890 NH-137
Harrisville, NH 03450

GPS Coordinates: 42°56'36.72"N, 72° 0'46.97"W

The gate opens at NOON on Thursday, please do not arrive before this unless you have made prior arrangements. Everybody is expected to have left by 5:00pm on Sunday. POC for other arrangements will be:

Phone: (802) 282-3882 Email: krobitaille13@gmail.com

CHECK IN: Please check in at our registration area in immediately upon arrival. If you enter the property and fail to sign the waiver, we consider you trespassing! The registration building is on your right after you go over the culvert and enter the campground proper. Overnight arrivals are NOT permitted. Check-In is ONLY available during the following times. (Please touch base if you will be arriving outside these time frames!)

-Thursday: NOON to 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM to NOON.

When checking in, please park on the grass to the left of the road. All tow rigs and trailers should be parked in one of the back fields. No car trailers are allowed AT ALL in horseshoe across from the bathhouse (in front of the electric sites and some of the grove sites).

If you are not familiar with the property, trail maps will be available and the trails are well marked. MINIMUM GROUP SIZE IS 2. Lone vehicles will not be permitted on the trails. All vehicles on the trails must have at least 33" tires and TWO lockers and a winch. Please read other rules below. These will be strictly enforced!

FIREWOOD: We do have firewood available for sale. Please make requests before 8pm.

In case of an emergency or medical issue the nearest hospital is about 10 miles away:

Monadnock Community Hospital
452 Old Street Road, Peterborough, NH 03458‎

CAMPGROUND RULES

• It is important that EVERY guest check in. Failure to do so will be considered trespassing. We will have waivers for each guest to sign.
  • Please park on the grass and drive on the roads. Do not block the road to other traffic, and do not drive over the grass. Do not park on the grass across the road from the bathhouse.
  • Please drive slowly in the campground and on our entrance road. There are apt to be dogs and kids around.
  • Well behaved/leashed dogs are more than welcome, but please clean up after him/her. There are disposal bags available in the both the men’s and ladies rooms.
  • Please do your best to conserve water. Especially in dry periods, water is in short supply.
  • Only firewood originating in New Hampshire permitted in the campground. Please burn only in designated fire pits. Fire pits cannot be moved. Please keep cans and bottles out of the fire pits. Please extinguish fires fully before leaving.
  • ALL WHEELING RIGS MUST BE PARKED BY 10PM.
TRAIL ETIQUETTE

• PLEASE STAY ON DESIGNATED TRAILS!
  • ABSOLUTELY NO drinking on the trails. Anybody seen drinking on the trails (whether driver or passenger) will be asked to leaved immediately, with no refunds given.
  • Proper recovery equipment is REQUIRED. Always use a tree strap when winching.
  • Do not litter. Please pack out any trash.
  • Please keep all smoking and cigarette butts inside vehicles.
  • After 8PM the north end of the trails are off limits...this includes Boulderdash, Everything Sucks, etc.
  • NO WHEELING AFTER 10PM!
Minimum Vehicle Requirements: You should not be on our trails without seat belts for all occupants, proper tow points, recovery gear (tow strap, tree saver, etc.), and a fire extinguisher.

• Green/Blue: 33” tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/roll bar (factory or aftermarket) or undamaged factory steel roof
  • Black: 35” tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/roll bar (factory or aftermarket) or undamaged factory steel roof (full cage highly recommended)
  • Red: 37” tires/2 functional lockers/functional winch/full cage. Competition compound tires (stickies) strongly recommended.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Is there a preferred comms format for the event? (GMRS, CB, 2m HAM, head-out-the-window-n-holler)
I run 25 watt GMRS in my trucks, far better range than CB and more people on it than Ham. Yes, there is a license required for GMRS, but its as simple as it gets. The test is 1/20th the challenge of the lowest level "technical" ham test - no math!! Read the rules, take the test get your own call sign in 3 weeks in the mail. Takes 10 minutes max. Getting set up in FCC system takes longer.

Anyone have out times for trail run groups F & S AMs and what time BBQ is on Sat? A couple people have reached out to me asked. Thnx

The border being now open, it would have been the opportunity for me to renew with this activity that I like so much ! However, a friend of mine who recently started a camper box manufacturing business to install on a flat bed pickup asked me to join him, all expenses paid, to be present at his booth at the Overland Expo East. I couldn't turn down this opportunity because I believe in his product and want to help him launch his business.

I assure you I was torn! I was really torn!

It's only a postponement for me.

I would have loved to ride the NH trails and see my friends that I appreciate so much.

I'm going to take advantage of the fact that I'm near NC and go to Cape Lookout and come back via the Blue Ridge Parkway or the Skyline Drive.

See you next time !

Additional information for this year's Fall gathering.

Thursday - Only wheeling is at Field and Forest.

Friday - Lineup for off property wheeling starts at 8:30 AM
Off property wheeling leaves at 9:00 AM

Saturday - Club provided breakfast will start at 7:30 AM
Line for off property wheeling starts at 8:30 AM
Off property wheeling leaves at 9:00 AM
BBQ dinner at 6:00 PM
Raffle and Bonfire after Dinner

Drivers bags can be picked up at the pavilion on Friday am and Saturday am from 8 to 9 am.
If you don't get your bag, they will also be available on Saturday night before the BBQ.

If you have questions during the event track down Will, Kyle, Mike or Tomasz.

Hope to see everyone this weekend.

Mike Onesty

Damn it's gonna be cold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom