75 Pork Barrels, Two in the works, And one 68 piglet (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and you glued that on? To the sound deadening? Looks like the bamboo mat passes in between the roof and roof supports?
No it’s not glued you have to remove the support rails and put them back in. I have extra rails so it holds it up there, I left all tabs on rails so if the next owner wants a head liner good to go. I was going to put a different roof rack on and needed the extra support rails still need to finish

Ok since you guys want to know about our trip to TLCA Rubithon ,
We have been on this event the last 20 years , We sold are rock crawlers ( getting older with bad knees )
Brought my buddies ( R,i,P, Bill ) 55 , Thinking we can go to Rubicon springs ( main event camp ) from the Tahoe side ,
Not as much rock crawling coming in this way . WRONG , !
So we are wheeling 3 or 4 miles into the trail when I drop off a sharp 15inch ledge BAMB , And the engine stopped running , I knew right then it was serious , My wheeling buddies helped us off the trail , Well my Distributor modular plate broke !!! WTF ( I had lots of extra parts but not That ) We had ham radios so my 4x4 buddies continued on to main camp .
Long story short , My brother and i had to camp right there on a sloping hill by are selves , ( not good ) and I do not feel well , Next morning I put out the word on Ham radio I will pay anybody $500.00 to pull us back out to staging area .
So a guy with a first gen toyota truck with a 4.3 chevy altas, on one ton axles with 42 inch tires , Is my Hero ,
as he is pulling my dead weight 55 , my passenger tire needs to go up a 3 foot flat straight edge ?? Not going to happen and I the rig flops on it passenger side , My brother and me look at each other as I hang from my driver seat and say F--K , ( did i mention my 55 had a sweet rust free body ) felt like crying !
We still had miles to go with lots of rock gardens to go through ,well we made it through the ruff stuff ,and my front tire goes flat ,( did i mention I already used my spare tire going in ) Now no more spare tires so we say pull us with the flat ,still 4 miles to go on a dirt gravel fire road My brother helped hold the steering wheel , and we made it out !
More to the story later , She will live again Thanks to Pigeaten and my brother

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

20220826_171151.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

20220829_092407.jpg

Last edited:
Did I say I only owned this rig 6 months , I put new plug wires on , But I never checked under the Dissy cap ? Me bad
No auto parts store on the con !

20220831_103653.jpg

Did I say I only owned this rig 6 months , I put new plug wires on , But I never checked under the Dissy cap ? Me bad
No auto parts store on the con !

View attachment 3133070
Rust free pig but can’t say same for Dissy. Sorry you had to go thru all that.

Almost back on the road , Waiting for my Yokohoma geolanders 35x12.50r15 M/T on back order 8 more weeks ?
Pictures look awesome , But not as good as it looks ( rattle can paint ) just need to get my pig back on the road quick !

IMG_0406.jpg

20221019_150926.jpg

20221005_131916.jpg

Nice recovery. Flopped my 72 55 on its side twice in the 70’s. Got it up on its feet and drove away. An inch narrower and no broken glass.

Good to see it back on the road so quickly

Working on driver side now , gotta get rid of that blue stripe , Still waiting for tires ,

20221025_141605.jpg

20221029_132635.jpg

20221105_131933.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom