Events/Trails Classic Cruise 5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picket Post from above...

View attachment 3129313

From the staging area across the road from the Arboretum - FR8 / FR650 / FR172 - to the start of pavement beyond Hewitt: 3:25 hours. So, no FR252 back to the eastern start of the loop. 2 vehicles, a few momentary stops, but no pauses. Attempted lunch break up at the turnout spot cut short by wasps being too interested in my sandwich... To run the entire loop as a larger group in 3 hours - you guys better be hauling the mail.
3 hours is what the guide book said. I am in no rush to get this trail done in 3 hours.

As far as comms. go I have a truck mounted CB and a hand held Beofeng ham and plan on bringing both. What are the frequencies that you use.

As far as comms. go I have a truck mounted CB and a hand held Beofeng ham and plan on bringing both. What are the frequencies that you use.
CSC standardized on Ham 146.460 a while back.

I dumped the CB and replaced it with GMRS mobile unit and have no intention on using CB ever again.

I have ham because I can and GMRS because it is the future of trail communication.

GMRS is just as useful as ham for trail comms without the pesky learning curve of ham licensing. Much easier to broadcast legally with GMRS (and no licensing at all for FRS).

Even though a few GMRS repeaters are getting installed, trail to home comms is where ham clearly has GMRS beat.

If anyone wants to borrow my 60 to do this run, please reach out to me.

Have a great time. I am very sad I cannot make it.

If anyone wants to borrow my 60 to do this run, please reach out to me.

Have a great time. I am very sad I cannot make it.
Do you still want a run sticker i have plenty

Do you still want a run sticker i have plenty
I love the look of the sticker this year.

I am kind of a purist, if I don't do the run, or if the truck doesn't, then I no not deserve a sticker.

That said, if you have an extra, I will put it in the CSC files for history. I should have done this with the previous stickers.

I love the look of the sticker this year.

I am kind of a purist, if I don't do the run, or if the truck doesn't, then I no not deserve a sticker.

That said, if you have an extra, I will put it in the CSC files for history. I should have done this with the previous stickers.
That is why it pays to be an almost purist. Yes I am going to have plenty enough to put one in the file.

Sad to say that I can’t make it this year gang. Hopefully the new engine will be ready this Fall and I can make the Patagonia run for a classic cruise ‘23. Take lots of pics!

Sad to say that I can’t make it this year gang. Hopefully the new engine will be ready this Fall and I can make the Patagonia run for a classic cruise ‘23. Take lots of pics!
Nobody said yer Pig had to be running to join the run . . .

Surely somebody in the club has a tow strap :rofl:

My son and I are going to be camping Saturday night, and probably going over to Roosevelt Sunday to take advantage of the 3 day weekend. Is anyone else camping on this go around?

My son and I are going to be camping Saturday night, and probably going over to Roosevelt Sunday to take advantage of the 3 day weekend. Is anyone else camping on this go around?
I'm camping in Superior Friday night and somewhere else Saturday night.

I am not going to make it to the run, sorry

IMG_20221007_153240078_HDR.jpg

I was on my way. Going to stay in Gilbert tonight. Engine trouble. Now I'm sitting on the freeway near Tucson. 😢

Tucson peeps i am leaving town @ about 6am going through kearny on up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom