Official LX570s Picture Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A804A7A7-2CE7-4D7D-86B3-5662F483B743.jpeg
BE04B100-FA1C-434C-BB1C-DE0B50292F20.jpeg

Making her do work. 15,620lbs worth of rig on a 3k mile road trip.

1664502182436.png

1664501749113.png

Haha - have to laugh at the lil rotopax in this scenario - how much contingency does that buy you with the mileage you’re getting?
In his defense he has an LRA as well...and it may look silly, but if you ever needed it...that's 25 less miles you have to walk...plus if you have it..you have a gas tank to carry that 5 gallons back...

My wallet hurts for your wallet.

No doubt. The days of RVing sold as being the economical travel alternative is long gone. At 8-10MPG, depending on pace, swilling high test, 3000 miles is ~$1600. RVing allows us to get closer to nature which makes it worth it.

Haha - have to laugh at the lil rotopax in this scenario - how much contingency does that buy you with the mileage you’re getting?

Yup, the 3.5 gallon fuelpax is somewhat of a token contingency. I never plan on using it, so its purpose is more about increasing usable range by allowing me to draw down the main tanks deeper with less margin. To your point, margin can be tricky. I can usually control consumption to be about 8-11 MPG with pace. There can be situations like wind or grade that will bring that number down to 3-7 MPG. Which I experienced on this trip.

Going towards Las Vegas on the 15 fwy near the CA/AZ state line, there's a ridiculous 16 mile long steep grade. I had 1/4 tank (~7 gallons including built in reserve) going into the grade hoping to get gas 30 miles out. Well... at 3.5MPG climbing 16 miles dropped the fuel needle with a quickness reporting 0 mile range before the top. We all know there's reserve range but at this level of consumption, can't count on it. Wife wasn't happy so out comes the fuelpax.

Hauling 10k lbs of additional weight over the car does strange things to consumption.

To @lx200inAR 's point, an aux tank is an absolute must IMO for real travel. I have the 12.5 which gives us ~38 gallons total onboard. Getting gas 2x on a typical long haul day sure beats getting gas 4-5 times with just the stock tank.

No doubt. The days of RVing sold as being the economical travel alternative is long gone. At 8-10MPG, depending on pace, swilling high test, 3000 miles is ~$1600. RVing allows us to get closer to nature which makes it worth it.

Yup, the 3.5 gallon fuelpax is somewhat of a token contingency. I never plan on using it, so its purpose is more about increasing usable range by allowing me to draw down the main tanks deeper with less margin. To your point, margin can be tricky. I can usually control consumption to be about 8-11 MPG with pace. There can be situations like wind or grade that will bring that number down to 3-7 MPG. Which I experienced on this trip.

Going towards Las Vegas on the 15 fwy near the CA/AZ state line, there's a ridiculous 16 mile long steep grade. I had 1/4 tank (~7 gallons including built in reserve) going into the grade hoping to get gas 30 miles out. Well... at 3.5MPG climbing 16 miles dropped the fuel needle with a quickness reporting 0 mile range before the top. We all know there's reserve range but at this level of consumption, can't count on it. Wife wasn't happy so out comes the fuelpax.

Hauling 10k lbs of additional weight over the car does strange things to consumption.

To @lx200inAR 's point, an aux tank is an absolute must IMO for real travel. I have the 12.5 which gives us ~38 gallons total onboard. Getting gas 2x on a typical long haul day sure beats getting gas 4-5 times with just the stock tank.

On our 4500 mile trip out west this summer I also had a backup 5 gallons in the trailer. Never had to use it but it was good to know it was there.

I could not imagine a trip towing in the 200 without the aux tank. Quite honestly I want the 40 gallon instead of my 24 gallon. But it’s awesome to have the range at the push of a button.

I got new wheels this week and I'm still not over it lol. So good 😍

Looks fantastic!! Considering the same wheel for my '13 black LC. A bit difficult to tell from the photos, but are the spokes completely flat or do they sit slightly higher towards the center of the wheel compared to the lip?

Looks fantastic!! Considering the same wheel for my '13 black LC. A bit difficult to tell from the photos, but are the spokes completely flat or do they sit slightly higher towards the center of the wheel compared to the lip?

200291AE-465E-48B7-8E9D-8A5608148EA7.jpeg

How is the noise from the Wild Peaks? Quiet, soft roar , or medium roar? Looks great!

Really quiet - this is my second set if that's any indication of how much I like them.

I can't count the number of times AHCs height capability has come in handy. Being able to squeeze into the garage, with 35s, and the new toy made my day. My RTT hoist is in the garage and not being able to squeeze in and have to manhandle the package without it would be a PITA.

1665181878866.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom