Unobtainium (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's only going to get worse. I imagine that almost all the remaining stock for these things is what's left. In other words no longer produced.

It is not at all financially responsible for a manufacturer to support a product line where the very newest examples are 40 years old.

AISIN still makes quite a few fan blades... but they too are discontinuing them. Likely a synonymous effort.

AISIN still makes quite a few fan blades... but they too are discontinuing them. Likely a synonymous effort.
It's odd that 16361-60090 was never supplied by Aisin, unlike all the other Land Cruiser fan blades.

Are there suitable alternatives from Toyota from either other cruiser variants or models?

Are there suitable alternatives from Toyota from either other cruiser variants or models?

Years ago the water pump went out on my old FJ45. It has an earlier 2F in it. At that time I bought next generation short water pump and added a fan clutch. But looks like that water pump is NLA. It was a great upgrade, could notice the engine was smoother with the clutch.

Years ago the water pump went out on my old FJ45. It has an earlier 2F in it. At that time I bought next generation short water pump and added a fan clutch. But looks like that water pump is NLA. It was a great upgrade, could notice the engine was smoother with the clutch.
But then you encounter all the lengths issues between the fan and the radiator? So radiator to move, etc.

But then you encounter all the lengths issues between the fan and the radiator? So radiator to move, etc.

I did not have to do anything with the radiator. Just switched to a later shroud. All the bolts weren't there for the shroud but it pretty secure. Was the pulley that needed to change for the right offset.

The Aftermarket Aisin/Advics 8-Blade fan w/o clutch still seems to be available.... As is the Toyota-bagged version.

Maybe not for long ... ?

16361-60100/60101

FNT-017

so my truck is a 01/75, someone tell me what all I need to be buying up right now? If these places start discontinuing all this stuff, working on one of these is going to be like working on a Datsun, a complete PITA.

so my truck is a 01/75, someone tell me what all I need to be buying up right now? If these places start discontinuing all this stuff, working on one of these is going to be like working on a Datsun, a complete PITA.
You should be fine. The parts we're talking about are OEM parts. As long as Land Cruisers maintain a strong following, it'll still have aftermarket support. I'm not sure that's the case with Datsun.

well , well well .......

- something little for the little people who need one , i have been asked more times then i can recall to make this happen , so i simply did just that :cool:

- 90480-12119 : Grommet for the FRESH AIR Cowl intake louver pull / push under dash mounted ROD is ALIVE ONCE AGAIN !

- Details do matter and Matter do Details .......

- a good SOLID MUD buddy gave me some SOLID advise on this here recently , so i simply wanted to say THANKS !

kindly matt :)

1664207640357.png

1664207613054.png

1664207601714.png

The Aftermarket Aisin/Advics 8-Blade fan w/o clutch still seems to be available.... As is the Toyota-bagged version.

Maybe not for long ... ?

16361-60100/60101

FNT-017

Very available and no signs of slowing... yet. For example we have 10+ of the AISIN (FAN60101), 5+ of the OEM (FAN60101OEM) and a bunch of import aftermarkets (Taiwan) FAN60101AFT. Oddly, there are at least 3 good sources for that fan and it's hasn't been as popular of a seller over the last few years compared to the 60090.

The 60101 is 8 blade & 17.00"
The 60090 is 6 blade & 16.25"

Very available and no signs of slowing... yet. For example we have 10+ of the AISIN (FAN60101), 5+ of the OEM (FAN60101OEM) and a bunch of import aftermarkets (Taiwan) FAN60101AFT. Oddly, there are at least 3 good sources for that fan and it's hasn't been as popular of a seller over the last few years compared to the 60090.

The 60101 is 8 blade & 17.00"
The 60090 is 6 blade & 16.25"
On the note of NLA OEM and Aisin/Advics..

is BMT-230 truly NLA from Advics or is it a stock issue? Tried to order and ultimately ran into out of stock/nla but Advics catalogue doesn't hint at discontinuation.

On that note...I'll probably be putting an order in with ya Kurt. ;)

Ok, don’t want to hijack your fan convo, but I’m currently on the hunt for something that I’m assuming is NLA.

I understand the unobtanium thread is in the 40/55 section, but seems like a good place to start.

I have a 1967 FJ45. I just replaced the lower and upper rubber weatherstrip on the removable roof and discovered the original small brass brads that hold the lower in place.

That’s right! Beautiful little brads that polished up quite nicely. The sad part is that they are too brittle to reuse.

The question is… are these actually available anywhere or do I need to repro?

-Seth

CE4E5B55-8FC8-48BC-B8C4-930BEBF7DCE4.jpeg
1D789AC6-96ED-4DC9-ABC3-E304ABEB6C16.jpeg

Is this on your 63? Never seen them on later non corrugated tops. Of the three early hard top models with corrugated tops one was rusted badly and was already off. Other two I have never removed the tops.
Affirmative. Now I'm going to dig them out of the 'non-reuseable' hardware bin to look a little closer at them.
They were trashed and not needed with the new gasket. I just used a dab or two of adhesive to hold it in place.

Pretty sure I used plastic weatherstripping Xmas tree things in place of the old keepers on my 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom