What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang it, that looks great. I've been debating having mine done. You probably just cost me some money!
Definitely worth the money in my opinion

Unknown.jpg

How is the wind noise on that yakima basket without the wind fairing? On the couple occasions that I've put mine on for loading camping gear, my megawarrior has been surprisingly loud with the wind fairing.

I actually have the wind fairing, for some reason the previous owner had it tilted downwards. It was very loud at that position but once I put it vertically the wind noise was reduced significantly.

I actually have the wind fairing, for some reason the previous owner had it tilted downwards. It was very loud at that position but once I put it vertically the wind noise was reduced significantly.
Thanks, I'll play around with positioning and see if I can quiet mine down.

I need to paint correct/ceramic coat mine. I've just been too busy because I know it's gonna take me an entire weekend to get it done.

Celebrated getting the minivan back from service by doing some leaf-peeping with the wife and dog.

20220929_141700.jpg

Man, finding the right tire is going down an insanely deep rabbit hole. I know a 295/70r18 is not the “greatest” choice but sure love the way the 200 looks with them and would only get the Revo3 in that size as it’s 55lbs and a mild A/T.

Greatest choice indeed 😎 295s rock 👆🏻

0D3064B4-4111-47AE-9A9D-3C42682FF633.jpeg

I'm running 35's (285/75r18) on stock gears and it's still way peppier than the stock gx460 loaner I had all last week.

2010 6-speed

I'm running 35's (285/75r18) on stock gears and it's still way peppier than the stock gx460 loaner I had all last week.
Concur with this. I'm on the same size in a 6 speed 2008 and it's "fast enough" to still get in trouble.

The 5.7L is a brute. Unlike the lesser motors that need the benefit of more gearing.

Yeah, I was really surprised by that 4.6. It really didn't feel any different than a 4.0 4runner, maybe worse. Given the GX is a lot heavier than strictly necessary. It would scoot, but only if you drop 2 gears and rev it past 4500rpm. Gentle throttle inputs give you nothing at all, like not even keeping up with the tourists and grandpas of the road. Makes for a stressful drive and also makes it sound to passengers and nearby traffic like you're trying to race everyone around you.

Last edited:
Took the 2011 LX in for new front shocks and bushings. Had the local Toyota dealer do the install. The ride is much smoother and it feels like the first day I got it over 10 years ago! I have new globes on order, but it doesn't need them based on the ride. 185k miles and the best SUV we've had and imo in the market. AHC system is legit maintained!

I need to do this to mine soon. Years and years of trail driving and dusty camping runs has taken its toll. Grimy interior crevices and pinstriping galore!

I had At2 on my last f150 and they were phenomenal. They may be sister companies but the quality difference is apparent. Like a land cruiser versus a sequoia. Price difference is about the same too tho 😵‍💫

My rig came with a brand new set of Goodyear rough terrains in 285/55/20 so I’ll run them. Its a louder tire than the AT2 but the Lx is quiet, they are snow rated and I live in northwest Montana. I haven’t had a chance to test them yet but they are aggressive.
We had AT2s on the LX 285/55/20 and they were quiet, but horrible in the rain. This was in CA where it barely rains too. Tires were garbage in wet conditions couldn't wait to take them off. Just my opinion and experience. I have AT3s on a Ram 2500 and they are better than the AT2s. Took them through monsoons in AZ.

Are you re-geared?
The 5.7 with a 6speed does a great job with 35s everywhere except true crawling scenarios.

Aggressive uphill ledges/rock walls and the truck struggles to turn them at low speeds.

Lots more two peddle work and bumpin it unfortunately.

Depending on your use case. Gears go from a Luxury to a necessity.

Took the 2011 LX in for new front shocks and bushings. Had the local Toyota dealer do the install. The ride is much smoother and it feels like the first day I got it over 10 years ago! I have new globes on order, but it doesn't need them based on the ride. 185k miles and the best SUV we've had and imo in the market. AHC system is legit maintained!
Ballpark price for this job? I don't think my AHC is performing as it should. I was going to try changing out the globes and then changing out the actual shocks. But I'm not 100% sure that maybe I just don't love the AHC ride and if it's going to cost a ton, maybe it would make sense to switch to conventional suspension?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom